In a match that had the makings to be a well fought and well played match, Roma was fortunate to escape the mess alive. Poor play plagued both teams as Liverpool and Roma battled through a slosh of misplayed balls and blown opportunities. Crittenden, Roma's manager, was quoted saying, "Eh, ya know... I am not sure what to think about this match tonight. I was hoping our boys could bounce back and play hard from a disappointing match against Chelsea. That match, of course, was my own undoing, and the boys and I have talked it through. They know that I did not mean to quit on them like I did. I walked out on them in their time of need. They were in trouble; all I could do was turn my back. I disappointed them but they never let me down. Tonight's match was tough to watch. But I will chalk that up to some minor leftover doubts about my loyalty to them. In the end, Roma made the most of a couple of lucky breaks and came out on top. I have nothing but respect for the Liverpool manager, Liam Pruitt, both as a manager and as a person, so I am sorry that it had to be him that the Wolves were playing tonight. I know we may not be so lucky the next time we meet, hopefully in the Cup final."
Roma is set to play Chelsea in the second match of the Round-Robin later on this week. The match is at home, and the Wolves are looking to solidify their spot in the final.
No comments:
Post a Comment