Interview with Manager Ingoglia
Q: With the season over, how do you feel about your finish?
A: Well, one can obviously realize that I am disappointed with the end result. Going into the season, my players and I felt that anything short of a championship is unrespectable for us. This season was very frustrating for all of us. With personal issues and added distractions that I brought to the table with my possible retirement, this team dealt with a lot of outside nonsense that was brought onto the field. I am, however, very pleased with the way my men finished up the season. It showed heart and self respect to go out there and finish strong bumping us out of regulation and into the 4th spot. I am nothing less than proud for the group of guys that I have and take full responsibility for this years struggles.
Q: Would you please comment on your announcement to retire and future plans you may have.
A: Yes. I am happy to say that our strong finish in the end has made me reconsider my mid season decision. We had a meeting as a team, and these players of mine spoke out and have filled my soul again with such a passion for the game that I see no signs of me retiring in the near future. I love this game and all the drama that goes into it.
Q: So you will be rejoining AC Milan next year?
A: Sad to say no. I have already discussed this with my players. Today the fans hear it first that I will be stepping down from my position and have officially resigned as head coach of Milan.
Q: Why? Why leave a team with such talent? A team you love.
A: There comes a time in every player's and coach's career where he must realize that it is time to part with his relationship with one club and move on to someone or something else. Although short, 3 years with AC, I feel, is the time that I was blessed to spend with them. It would do me great pleasure to stay with this club but I personally feel upset and disappointed in myself on what I have done to the players and fans this year. I am only standing in the way. Now, I can be stubborn and continue my professional career here in the midst of the press and media drawing unwanted attention to this organization next year, or I can allow them to start anew and watch from a distance as they work their way back to the top under new management. I have close ties to many of my players and will constantly be in touch with them, but as for leading them next year, that part is over.
Q: Where to now? Will you continue to manage? Have you had any offers from other clubs?
A: Yes. I will continue my managerial career. I have a few clubs that are currently throwing out some offers although at all of their requests I must refrain from saying who they are. That is all the time I have. I am looking forward to a fresh start. I thank you for your time and questions. Ciao.
No comments:
Post a Comment