The DFA Fall 2020 Season - Opening Day Headlines - LFC Maul CFC 9-0, Burns Melts Down...

05 August 2009

Proposed Amendments to GIMP Constitution

The voices have been heard, the votes have been cast, the discussions have been..er...discussed, and it is now time for the 'final solution'(Hitler stole it from me). The following are the official proposed amendments to the GIMP Constitution as we know it:

1. Relegation

The managers finishing in the bottom two will be prohibited from selecting the same clubs in the next season. This ban will only last for one season, however, these prohibited teams are available to be managed by any other participant.
This will eliminate "meaningless" games near the end of the season, and will make for interesting action at both ends of the table.

2. "Champions Cup"

This will see the implementation of a new trophy. The participants will be the previous season's top four clubs. If ratified, tournament structure and protocol will be determined.
This would give mid-table clubs something to strive for down the stretch-qualification for the Champions Cup.

3. "GIMP League Cup"

This will see the implementation of a new trophy. The structure will see the previous season's bottom half play their way into the next round, which would be against the previous season's top half clubs. If ratified, specific details will be determined.
This would bring a second league cup into the equation, not replace the DFA Cup.


Make your opinions heard and cast your votes, either in the polls (on your right), or the comments section (below).

2 comments:

  1. I find it hard to believe that you, "Sir" David Wade, have any one reason (that is not personal) to vote against a Champions Cup to be implemented. Maybe you do not want it because you would not be in the inaugural Cup (being that you finished closest to the cellar floor without actually touching it). Even fair minded Manager Pruitt had a comment to make about it,

    Liam said...
    I am not opposed to the League Cup idea. I just cannot help but wonder if had you finished fourth, you'd be all for the Champions League proposal.

    Or maybe it has something to do with the bitterness you might still have toward the real Champions League final that transpired two years ago. You remember the one. Juan Weary to the rescue, umm wait. He choked.

    What is more probable is that you refrained from voting for this amendment simply because I, Aaron Crittenden, am the one who suggested the Cup to be established. You have persistently tried to thwart or scuttle any measure/suggestion that I have come up with.

    I was going to sink down to your own very low level and vote "nay" on the amendment that you proposed, but I have decided to take the high road (as low as that high road seems to be) and vote for your proposed Cup because I think it would be a fun addition (even though it has zero affect on the manner in which the league is played and it does absolutely nothing to make the league more competitive and meaningful).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell Yeah! ROCK AND ROLL

    ReplyDelete