The DFA front office has been petitioned from several participating members to host an official vote regarding granting true administrative power to L. Pruitt.
There would be limitations to this power of course, as unchecked dictatorship could work against the best interest of the DFA.
- The Commissioner alone would be allowed to enforce or slightly modify existing policies, not enact new rules and regulations nor abolish current ones without majority vote.
- The Commissioner must adhere to a majority vote on any issue, including his own impeachment.
- The Commissioner will have the authority to enforce league regulations and administer appropriate penalties, subject to appeal.
- The Commissioner will always act in the best interest of the DFA and maintaining fair and enjoyable competition.
An affirmative vote below is one to grant Commissionership to L. Pruitt.
A negative vote below does not grant Commissionership to L.Pruitt.
Yep
ReplyDeleteGranted
ReplyDeleteI'll refrain from posting any Monty Python dialogue here, and vote aye, though I do have one concern.
ReplyDeleteIn "...maintaining fair and enjoyable competition," is that in the eyes of the commissioner, relative to league rules? Because I enjoy the league, even with the gameplay delay.
Also, in the interest of a more fair league, I demand you all play with 3-star teams to get on my level. Thank you.
I once suggested it would be interesting if we made it manditory to pick a team no higher than 4 stars. Maybe for one season. That can be hard though for very loyal and dedicated fans which I understand
ReplyDeleteYep. Some of actually follow our teams. That being said. If we could get the real league taken care of in under 8 months we could play another with smaller clubs. By the time that happens a new game will
DeleteBe out
There are ways to do it. Such as enforcing an avg skill level of players. Or setting roster so overall team stats aren't above a certain number. Or a fantasy draft.
DeleteIt should be noted that I was absolutely kidding about playing down to the lowest common denominator (me). I take my beatings like a man.
Delete"FIFA players" aside, putting limits on skill level and stats seems like it would be imposing too much structure/sacrificing competition in order to fix something that isn't - to me - much of a problem. I understand how it might be to others.
I know I would simply draft liverpools team anyway if we did that. Not enough neuers in the world to make me drop pepe or lil luis.
DeleteA draft would be sweet!! I love that idea! I highly suggest we try that. That would really take in some manager strategy.
ReplyDeleteRibéry. Robben. Neuer. Done.
ReplyDeleteIs this a majority vote (already met) or unanimous?
ReplyDeleteWhat would the masses prefer?
DeleteIt's already been decided 3 affirmative (presumably 4 with pruitt) and there or only two possible negative voters
DeleteFigured Pruitt would recuse himself from a vote (though with 5 members, it doesn't matter much). Given that the league is so small, and divided some some fundamental issues, a unanimous vote would give everyone a fair shake in terms of voting.
DeleteI'm not voting. But think a majority of 3 is suitable (then again, of course I would).
DeleteI would like to know the reasons for objecting (if there are objectors).
Can we vote on a draft and can we vote on switching to PES 13?
ReplyDeleteCan we vote on having a vote?
Commish powers seem fine to me- I vote yes. Maybe we can make a digital summer league that includes tennis and tiger woods, then award points for winning competitions in each sport..
ReplyDeleteI want to know why we are voting on things in season
ReplyDelete