Another month, another fixture clog. Do you get the feeling that some of these managers took their commitment to play too lightly?
Sadly, it seems so these days. Whether its textbook cases of returningtextsandphonecallsophobia, a total lack of a game console altogether, crippling fear of being bullied by ones own father for donning a headset, an uncompromising addiction to Lego Indiana Jones, or mismanaged hedge funds sapping money previously devoted to XBox live "gold" subscriptions; the assembly line of "good" excuses is running overtime here. Some may be in the market for a new excuse Rolodex after this season.
Those all seem to be things that could have been foreseen. Why the outcry now?
You're right. Perhaps it's my fault for believing them. Next season I should be prepared to wield the axe during registration. The early signs were certainly there.
Any way to remedy the flaws inherent to the system?
The system is fine. If you don't really want to play, then don't agree to in preseason. If you get all pouty and depressed after you realize you're rubbish, sack the f*ck up. If you want to play a match, don't sit on the g*ddamned box and twiddle your pud thinking, "Oh, what a great citizen of the league I am. I'm on the box and no one else is. I've got so much more commitment than those other people that keep getting yelled at on the blog." Pick up your phone and set up a match! How the f*ck do you think I set up 98% of all the matches that get played? By texting your a**es!
Is there any way to save the league from going bust?
There needs to be a more proactive approach. It's all reactive, and that's the problem. There can't just be me yelling into the fog, either. There's others that actually want to play, that do regularly, and who are worried as to the fate of our DFA. Those good apples need to stand up and be heard. If it's more than just me trying to set up matches and talking to myself on this f*cking blog, then we can drag the dead weight to the finish line.
Well good luck with this post pruitt. I've tried on several occasions through similar agressive posts and they seemed to be dismissed as just another rant from me. Hopefully they'll listen to yours but they will most likely just either ignore or it or act is if youre talking about the next guy and agree with you.
ReplyDeleteIt'd be less insulting/weasel-y/disrespectful if they'd just say, "I don't give a toss about the league, strike me from the record."
ReplyDeleteBe easier than coming up with new tall tales to regale us with every time someone wants to play as well.
Absolutely! You want to know why I can "sit up on my ivory tower and look down upon the rest of the league" (no pun on my position in the table)... Because my Xbox is broke and i still played a f***ing match today! Oh and it was my 14th match! I played my matches when I was supposed to and becaus of it a week with out an xbox won't adversely affect me.
ReplyDeleteThis is classic, excellent post. If you haven't noticed, Sonic the Hedgehog is in this season, so long lego man. Anyways, I will be leaving on the 24th until Jan 2. I will commit to playing my next three games before that departure, maybe more depending on the urgency of others. I will make my best attempts to contact others, but Gill Man is only one man.
ReplyDeleteExcellent, Gillman. If you need help wrangling some snakes let me know. Play anyone and everyone you can.
ReplyDelete