The DFA Fall 2020 Season - Opening Day Headlines - LFC Maul CFC 9-0, Burns Melts Down...

22 February 2010

Off-Season Administration

Several things need to be settled before we can begin our next season. As always, the comments section is your mouthpiece. Statements made by "anonymous" will be deleted.

1. Are you in? With whom? After all, if you don't plan on participating, then your opinion on matters upcoming is quite irrelevant. 

2. Should fixtures be date & time specific? All registered participants will submit their preferred dates and times for engaging in GIMP competition. A weekly schedule will be made in order to ensure appropriate pacing of this season. Last season's stop/start inconsistency left many feeling disenfranchised and detached from goings on GIMP-related. The blog was also rendered irrelevant, as timely posts could not be made, and no relevant pre-match build-up could be predicted. A set schedule would also add to the sense of occasion for important matches, something this past season sorely lacked. Should this motion pass, a penalty/"second-chance" system will be voted upon, to ensure the league is not decided by recurrent administration.

3. Induction of a new member. In order to maintain the important eight-count of members (assuming all renew their participation), I have recruited a rookie manager who has expressed great interest in joining our Association. As a friend of mine for many years, I can personally vouch for his character and commitment to online gaming. Any questions or concerns will be addressed in the comments section, but I foresee this should be the least controversial topic this off-season.


Looking forward to mature, even-minded banter (as always) in the comments section. I'd love to get a few more seasons under our collective belts before FIFA 11 comes out.

12 comments:

  1. 1. In. Liverpool FC & Germany.

    2. In favor. Would love to see the blog return to relevancy.

    3. In favor. Having 8 participants makes everything much easier, and the proliferation of the DFA with committed members is never a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. AC Milan & Italy (and that's final)

    2. Very much in favor. I know things will still be difficult given we all lead different lives but it's very much worth a try. Trial and error. We have seen no set times or dates and well, that was atrocious.

    3. If pru can vouch, then hells yeah. Question, being your roommate for 4 years, have I met him, heard of him, or was he the guy that slipped into our L4D game? Prem? Juha?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Chelsea & England

    2. In favor of anything that will provide consistency to the pace of the league.

    3. I'd like to see Louis get another shot

    ReplyDelete
  4. "3. I'd like to see Louis get another shot"

    Save the two-faced pandering for your phone conversations with him. School's not going to go away for quite a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1) Arsenal and France
    2) Yes
    3) Yes

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. In. Roma and Spain

    2. In favor, but agree with Ingo, a new system might have some bumps early on. No biggie we will work through them.

    3. What I love most about this league is that everyone knows everyone. We all have a history and a shared background which I will be sad to see go. That being said, if you can vouch for him, then i guess I have no qualms.

    Also, I propose a shortened (slightly) season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also, how are their Eight(8) total votes for when to start the next season when we clearly know that some people don't check or vote on this blog? Especially since there isn't even eight(8) members in the league! Stop flooding the polls to your favor whomever you are! This isn't the 20's. You can't simply shave your mustache and come back for round two(2) of voting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The league will consist of two (home & away) matches v each member, instead of our usual three. This will be more realistic as well as lighten the oppressive workload that the DFA's proletariat have struggled under for decades.

    Xenophobia is a problem in every football league in the world, glad to see the GIMP hasn't been spared this attribute. Adds to the realism.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In: Barca/Argentina

    The schedule is a must..all sports seasons have schedules. Will we get meal money for road games?

    Why not add another person I have not formally met? Has worked out so far

    ReplyDelete
  10. Liam, don't you mean "HAS been spared"? I see no "nay" votes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1 team
    3/15
    tues, thurs, fri after work (9-5:30)
    -at (google acct not working)

    ReplyDelete