The DFA Fall 2020 Season - Opening Day Headlines - LFC Maul CFC 9-0, Burns Melts Down...

12 August 2010

Cushing Spurns Villa Park, gets a case of the Blues

Quashing the swirling rumors and literally minutes of idle speculation, sophomore GIMP manager Mike Cushing has announced he'll be taking the reins at Manchester City in the fall. Fans, players and local Point Break enthusiasts in Aston were said to devastated by the news, after early rumors had tied Cushing to the Villans.

Although Cushing linked concerns over the cranberry jerseys clashing with his lightly bronzed skin tones to the decision, he was also briefly drawn to Everton, presumably for the club's daring third kit.

But after an embarrassing exit from Internazionale after just one season as boss, Cushing foresees a bright - and long - future ahead at Eastlands.

"Least season was a trial in pain and humiliation," the young manager said, "but I feel I found my sea legs near the end of my miserable campaign. I think that I can squander this squad's talent to an eighth, perhaps even a seventh place finish."

It is good to know that some managers are still willing to reach for the stars.

6 comments:

  1. Good call, Villa is a sinking ship. Man City are on the up. Infinite funds = eventual success...right, Burns? (and any other CSKA Chelski 'fans')

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choice Cush! With more hired "mercenaries" than even I would know what to do with, surely now Arsenal are the favorites to go down. Send the Gooners down and let their rightful manager (Ian) take over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The likely departure of Milner from Villa clinched it. And I could not resist the siren song of Carlos Tevez' teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "With more hired "mercenaries" than even I would know what to do with..."

    You know what to do with them, we've all witnessed it: right trigger, elbow, merc, repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Citeh has a roster of around 45. The injury rule will have no effect on your quest to send tin rod down! Going down going down going down!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES...watch out for Tevez's teeth. Chomp Chomp Faching

    ReplyDelete