The DFA Fall 2020 Season - Opening Day Headlines - LFC Maul CFC 9-0, Burns Melts Down...

18 August 2010

Letter from the Editor

I have read Tindle's last post, and find truth in it. I also find a few holes in it, as well.

If one were to look back at the early days of this forum {see: http://gimpdfa.blogspot.com/2009_01_25_archive.html; http://gimpdfa.blogspot.com/2009_02_01_archive.html; http://gimpdfa.blogspot.com/2009_02_22_archive.html; for examples} they would see a webspace rich with charming banter; some of which considered volatile by today's blog standards. I find it hard to believe that the same gents that were firing photos of significant others' former lovers and profanity at each other would be scared off from posting because someone took the p*ss out of their grammar. Someone made fun of your posts? Sod it. Tell him to f*ck off. Make fun of his tenuous grasp of the differing forms of "their/there/they're" and "to/too/two". Remind him that no matter how good he thinks he is, you've all beaten him consistently more recently than he'd care to admit. Don't cower in the corner, do what you used to do and fight back.

I hope I'm wrong in thinking that this may be an excuse to mask a prevailing sense of apathy and laziness. It does however, seem plausible because when you are called upon to vote you all do it quite readily. With the DFA becoming more and more competitive each season, there should be more activity on here more than ever. We've the most competitions and the most members in GIMP history, don't allow the golden age of the league to become the dark age of the blog.


You'll also notice on those older posts a higher quality of work in my articles. I'll re-elevate my game in the coming weeks, but it helps my motivation if I know everyone will read it, and a few will take the p*ss out of it in the comments section.

2 comments:

  1. So Tindle's plan to sabotage me was foiled by common sense and everyone's sense of humor. Well done boys!

    Oh and my lord Ingo was that an aggressive post towards Murph! I could see how that was on the same level as me singing for Tindle's relegation.

    Keep following the blog boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next step, everyone participate. Bring the glory days back.

    ReplyDelete