The DFA Fall 2020 Season - Opening Day Headlines - LFC Maul CFC 9-0, Burns Melts Down...

17 August 2010

Some Observations, Gentlemen

With all of the recent complaints about lack of participation in the blog, I thought I'd take a second to reflect upon this... I think I speak for a silent majority when I say that this forum has really spiraled into one hate-filled tirade after another. I understand friendly trash talk, and that's what we used to have.

So when did the blog really fall into Burns continually trying to impress Pruitt with shit talk about other people? It really started with his contribution on the "Top 10 Worst Blog Posts." From what I remember, we had nearly an article per day around that time from many people in the league. Murph, Critt and Ingo usually had some funny stuff to contribute, and I haven't seen them post anything since Burns got on his high horse in an effort to impress everyone. It takes time to put together a post, and why would we do that if we know that some a-hole is just going to criticize every letter that was typed?

Where do we stand now? Luckily, we do have a great moderator who carries this thing. Aside from some interesting stats, and usually clever posts from Pruitt, we are now subject to very pointed shit talk via anonymous comments with weasels snickering behind the scenes. Can we stop these childish attempts to impress each other and get back to the friendly banter we once had? I'm not asking for people to hold hands and sing kumbaya, but this has gotten ridiculous...

10 comments:

  1. THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE! Well put adman

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting take from a guy who has gone missing for an entire season. Games 45 days late, quitting games mid loss (tryin to blame me despite having someone watch your avatar leave FIFA for the dashboard) and not participating on the blog(voting, commenting or even looking).

    If you have even read any of my posts recently you'll find nothing offensive with any of it. The "rumour mill" is simply for fun and is a parody of the newspapers that print random transfer news with no truth backing their claims. You should appreciate this the most with your Cesc saga that we all have to suffer through. The "top 10 worst" that "started the fear of others posting" was an unbiased joke! Had you taken the time to go back to look at it you'd see that everyone was included (even me). If you go back and read the post and then read the posts I was refferencing then you'll see that you're taking it out of context now to make an excuse for you and the others laziness on the blog. Oh, and that post is about 2 years old. So it does make perfect sense to blame the lack of blog activity over the past 2-3 months on a post that was published nearly 2 years ago.

    Pruitt has had some posts recently and over his GIMP career that have taken shots at all of us. Critt will be able to attest to that. Some of the more recent ones even directed towards you and your GIMP behavior. Nothing is mentioned in your article about that. Is it because you didn't realizes these posts were about you or was it because you knew you would be able to get people to rally around me to help cover for your GIMP misbehavior. There is a poll up now that is taking shots at my, yours and critts performance this past season. You don't see Aaron or I crying about "mean ol' Braedyn" do you? You're not fooling me and I know everyone else is smart enough to see through it (we all went to the same school right?)

    As for all the anonymous posts under ingos last post . Ingo and I have already spoken about it and he knows tha I'm not responsible for it.

    You're not going to try to turn people against me when there is no evidence for your support. You've been lazy this season and it's not my problem. If you don't like what's said on the blog then continue what you've been doing and don't read it. You've done a great job with that recently. You hadn't been on the blog until you were instructed too last night by Pru. Maybe thats why you wrote the article... A little giddy on the box last night? Perhaps trying to stir up some controversy for Pruitt? Who's trying to impress Pruitt now? Feeling bad about standing him and Ian over the weekend and trying to make up for it by some giddy banter on the mic followed by a controversial blog post?

    You didn't even know the season was over until last night! It sounds to me like you went on the blog for the first time in about a month (Pruitt told you to vote), read a few remarks you didn't like and made a knee jerk reaction to try to turn attention to me. It's not gonna work this time sir.

    Don't tell someone to get down from their high horse when all you do is speak down to us. The "silent majority" that you speak of surley don't want to be represented by someone who is never around to do their bidding.

    This all couldve been avoided if you wouldve taken what, 3 minutes a night to look at the blog and make an occasional comment or post. I'm not buying your excuses and noone else should.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blog isn't hateful and Pruitt is equally responsible for making what some may consider "hateful" comments. Do I get all up in arms when Pruitt makes an off handed remark directed towards me? Do I flip out when Pru sends a mass email bad mouthing Chelsea, John Terry or England? No I don't and critt and ingo don't either. It's all in good fun. Everyone gets it from everyone else so I don't feel sorry for you because some people were critical of your lack of effort this season.

    I'd like to thank our more mature readers (everyone else apparently) who follow, comment and post on the blog regularly. Pruitt and I (especially pru) work hard on exchanging ideas about what kind of posts and new features you guys like the most. Pruitt has done a great job recently with making new additions and I've worked hard coming up with new sections for you guys to enjoy. Thanks again for those who can take a joke (murph, Cush, it money, pru, incrow, critt, tucker and quiet new guy) and continue to read and enjoy the blog.
    I'll have a new rumour mill soon after I received a text from ingo (thanks for the 4 am wake-up call) and I know Pruitt will have some more administrative posts coming soon. Thanks again everyone! Well almost everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always felt that almost all of the posts and comments made on this blog have all been in good fun. I don't believe them to be malicious or intentionally harmful to one or any group of managers. Burns and Tindle, from what I've seen in my two seasons of the GIMP, have always had this ongoing blog rivalry but I don't believe that it has had any effect on any of the other players in the league.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't found the blog to be too incendiary, but then I'm pretty new to both the league and to most of you guys so it's hard to distinguish good-natured ribbing from anything else. I feel like some tension or rivlary, within reason (whatever that may be), is good for the league.

    I think we can keep everything civil though - which includes avoiding angry, anonymous posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, anonymous posts are the source of most things malicious on here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Curse you, Anonymous. Keep your cheeky sense of irony off these pages! Be gone, once and for all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the billboard - showcased the handlebar mustache to perfection.

    Also, I think we can all agree that getting rid of that autoplay-video abortion of a FIFA 11 ad, no matter how riveting the content, is the best thing to happen to this blog in months.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think whoever is responsible for the cheeky Anonymous back and forth is the best thing to happen to the blog in eons, so there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's not an emoticon. That's a dildo-ticon.

    ReplyDelete