The DFA Fall 2020 Season - Opening Day Headlines - LFC Maul CFC 9-0, Burns Melts Down...

02 November 2010

Chelsea Manager Hits Out At Fellow Managers

Chelsea manager, David Burns, had only one topic he was willing to discus after his teams poor performance at Anfield. He was grateful that his team managed to escape with a point after being outplayed by the Reds but seemed more interested in coming down on the other managers in the league for their poor tactics and bizarre squad selections.

"Its frustrating and sad what the league has turned into. The league table is now determined more by club selection than skill. I'll be the first to admit today that my squad benefited from having better players on the pitch. We were outplayed, out classed and out worked today but somehow came out with a draw."

"Teams like Barca, Citeh, United, Real and Inter all have a distinct advantage. Clubs like that almost have to try to lose. I understand the irony in me saying this but my club is no longer the highest rated in the league. Arsenal and Chelsea are right on the cusp of the GIMP's "Big Clubs" but the rest I feel bad for. Bayern has good wingers and a solid midfield but thats about it. Roma doesn't have anything special and 'Pool have a a few world class players but the supporting cast isn't there for them this year."

Burns then went on to criticize managers for playing players out of position to gain what he referred to as "c**k' advantages. "Playing Rooney out wide on the left and having him hoof balls into the area off balance with his weak foot is not a viable strategy to me. We've also seen Benzema playing as a holding midfielder. Its simply not playing the game right. Ingolia (Inter Milan manager) normally is a huge offender but this year he can just press start, leave his control on the floor and check back in 30 minutes to see that Milito is on a brace and Eto'o has one himself."

"Its just becoming more and more frustrating to see the better team not get the result that they deserve. Liverpool played well enough to collect all 6 points from their last two matches and the same could be said with Chelsea at Bayern."

8 comments:

  1. So let me get this straight. David, you get to admit that your talented squad is the reason you didn't lose your last match, and not your quality of play. Therefore you get to call everyone else out for using their team as a crutch? I can't speak for everyone else, so I won't, but I know the "Rooney play" you're referring to and let me tell you what happened. He made a run on a aerial pass and cut back at the touchline to send a ball into Berbatov for a header. That's cock? That's not exactly pulling the trigger from 20-30 yards out on a sprint with the weaker foot all game long.
    The fact that Wayne is in that position from the formation shouldn't be classified as a "cock advantage". I'm not saying I out played Liverpool at all, but I think I made the most of my advantages and played a solid defense (despite the 2 goals) in poor playing conditions. Pruitt even said every time he had the ball in his offensive third I seemed to have 8 guys swarm him. Pardon me for putting emphasis on defense.

    So maybe before you attack and belittle the other managers, myself getting the brute, you should wait to face them. Then pass your insignificant judgments.

    See ya on the pitch, Sirwade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, now - I don't have to try to lose with City, it just happens because of my natural talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Answer this question... Where was Rooney playing for you? I'm not singling you put. This has been happening for years

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny how you list 5 out of 10 teams and then even throw in Arsenal and Chelsea. That puts it at 7 out of 10 teams. With these 7 teams, you want to claim cock advantages and playing without touching the controller. Being that it is 7!!! out of 10 teams, THESE TEAMS HAVE TO PLAY EACH OTHER 66% OF THE TIME!!

    Bottom line Burns, TITANS ARE FACING TITANS! Yes I have powerful Inter, but that advantage only comes in handy when I play Roma, Bayern, and Pool. My power squad Inter just lost to power squad Barca. And when we talk about Liverpool, we are dealing with the winningest manager in our history.

    The fact that Liam's club is weaker this season will only bring out and require a strong character and strong perserverance on his part.

    You can fall back on "I said I see the irony and I know my team is good." That fact of the matter is, this was an unnecessary write up that you posted and nothing more than an attempt to run your mouth and try to start something.

    Everyone picked their squads freely. Whether based on glory hunting, pride, or dedication, we all knew who we chose and who we will face. Yet, you want to complain and suck ass on 3 (only 3 out of 10) weaker teams. Do you seriously expect teams 1-10 to be all great, all middle, or all weak?

    Cock goals is one thing and by cock goals, I mean little glitch goals or ridiculous "no way you planned to score like that." Yet, when it comes to C goals, we all score them now and then! Factor in luck, factor in creative hail mary hopefuls, and factor in LIFE! THAT IS JUST THE WAY IT IS!

    Also, in this league, there are 2 maybe 3 diehard football fans. ITS A VIDEO GAME! If the Don wants to play Rooney on the wing, good for him. If the game gives Cassano a higher rating at midfield than at striker, I'M PLAYING IT!

    JUST STOP BITCHING, STOP COMPLAINING, AND GET ON THE PITCH AND PLAY! Thats all. JUST PLAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think what happened to you last night in the league proves my point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take a look at the post above. You'll see that your team is the second highest rated in the league. Your only loss has come to the highest rated club. In that match we heard that manager admit to not knowing how to make a sub and questioned how many men were allowed on the field. Point proven.

    Rooney is not a wide player. He's a fat little scouser who is rated about 20 points higher than he should be. If ea had watched the last 2 months of last season, the world cup and the beginning of this season theyd know all he's good for is coming back deep into the midfield to piss away short passes because he has the touch of rapist. Hoofing in crosses on his weak foot and even scoring for that matter is out of the question for him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bayern isn't a bad team, Ian just sucks so far this year.

    ReplyDelete