The DFA Fall 2020 Season - Opening Day Headlines - LFC Maul CFC 9-0, Burns Melts Down...

03 December 2010

Adler Set to Smash Clean Sheet Record

Germany's early lead in Group A has been built upon a staunch defense. No one has been more integral in this 'build from the back' approach than 25-year old first choice 'keeper, Rene Adler.

The young German has notched four consecutive clean sheets in his first four appearances this tournament. The previous International Cup record was 2 clean sheets, shared by Mario Andujar (ARG) and Julio Cesar (BRA).

Whilst some say he has not been properly tested, averaging only 2.2 saves per game in Group A, he has certainly benefitted from Germany's more methodical and posession-oriented style of play. At such a young age (goalkeeper-wise), Adler looks set to mind the net for many years to come.

15 comments:

  1. A product of incompetent competition? I think so. Put Ballack and goal and I'd bet he'd be able to stop the 2 shots with no pace, right at him and from 35 yards out too.

    What a joke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealousy and sour grapes? I think so. Man mark one super fast Cameroonian striker with a deep back line and I'd bet you'd stop 2 blind long balls with no intention, right over the back line from 75 yards out too.

    What a joke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hit and hope burns me all the time. Whether balls are getting blasted over my back line from 60 yards out or whether someone has the "y" button taped down, I always get burned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deepen that back line up. Everyone, shut down the 'run and gun right trigger mafia' by deepening that back line up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like watching Theo sprint down the right, spin around 6 times and get the ball stolen from him... Well unless he's playing against my c squad and can burn past Van Anholt from a well struck (blind) through pass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The League Cup means more to some than it does to others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes especially when they are confused about what it actually is

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now now, the injuries rule was implemented in part to nudge managers towards trophy prioritization. Never more apparent than the last L Cup round that that nudge worked. I for one am happy for that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Has it nudged those? Ive yet to hear of anyone making a change in their side unless it's do to injury or suspension

    ReplyDelete
  10. It nudged two of the more successful clubs to field weaker sides and two of the less successful clubs to field full strength sides, so yes it did.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes I've done it twice, you've done it once...

    ReplyDelete
  12. In order to accurately measure the circumfrence of IT Tummy's tummy, Hack will have to become... A rapist

    ReplyDelete
  13. I took a risk and played my A squad against you and I got lucky that it paid off. You outplayed me but because of FIFA 11 and its flaws I came out on top. I won't apologize for that. It's over, you don't see the League Cup as a priority anyway.

    ReplyDelete