Chelsea manager, David Burns, issued a statement the morning after the Liverpool match explaining to the angered Chelsea fans why the game was played over again rather than just a replay of the second half.
"The decision was more or less made by the Liverpool manager. It's not a big deal to me. We played much better in the first game and it's a shame we weren't able to replicate our performance in the second match. It's my fault for not changing my tactis before the second match started. Looking back we were beaten in the air on 3 of the 4 goals. I shouldve played Alex in the second match over Luiz."
"winning the league isn't that important to me. I just want to play FIFA and have fun. A more selfish manager would've taken the draw or demanded only one half of football in the replay."
Beaten in the air? Seems about right. Clearances I presume?
ReplyDeleteFrustrating I'm sure
No they we crosses. They were fine. I just should've made an adjustment after the first game and put a bigger body in the mix.
ReplyDelete1. You cannot "take a draw" after 60-odd minutes of playing, playing another half would have been the only other acceptable option.
ReplyDelete2. You still would have lost 3-0 because that's how many goals were scored in the first half.
3. You were only "beaten in the air" for the first goal, when David Luis failed to even jump to attempt to clear. The second goal Suarez was unmarked and settled the ball before scoring with his right foot, and the third Gerrard played him in with a pass and he strolled past Terry as he flailed about behind him, leaving him one-on-one with Cech. The fourth was a petulant penalty.
Once again, don't let facts get in the way of complaints. Carry on, you two...carry on.
I said that I didn't play well in the second match and you deserved to win. What more you do want
ReplyDelete60 odd or 70?
ReplyDeleteI'm not complaining. Again, I admitted you played better.
ReplyDeleteI was merely clearing up some misconceptions in your post. Such as being "beaten in the air for 3 of the 4 goals," and claiming that "taking the draw" would have been legal.
ReplyDeleteBoth being untrue.