The DFA Fall 2020 Season - Opening Day Headlines - LFC Maul CFC 9-0, Burns Melts Down...

27 February 2012

BAVARIAN BLISS
Bayern puts away Palermo to earn first GIMP DFA League Title for Thompson

Well deserved Bayern Beer Bath for the Champs
Bayern Munchen puts up four goals to down an aggressive Palermo squad set on playing spoiler.

"They came out and let us know from the start that they weren't going to roll over and let us win the title," said Bayern Munchen manager Ian Thompson.  "They certainly didn't play dead like Chelsea did for Liverpool the other night." Palermo utilized a defensive 5-3-2 formation to try to slow the Bayern barrage to no avail as Toni Kroos threaded a through ball through the Palermo defense for Thomas Muller to slot home after just 10 minutes.  The home side would not find themselves down for long after Abel Hernandez put them level just two minutes later.  The match would continue this back and forth manner, with Man of the Match, Bastian Schweinsteiger, putting Bayern back in front in the 16 minute, only to see the lead disappear in the 29' after a Miccoli shot was parried to the feet of the eager Hernandez who finished for a first-half brace.

After the restart, Bayern's Arjen Robben worked beautifully with Rafinha along the ride side and into the 18 where he was promptly taken down by Federico Balzaretti. The usually lenient referee, Pedro Ortagilla, was left no choice but to point to the spot.  It was Robben himself that stood over the ball despite having a horrid record of recent, missing his last five PKs. He would make it six in a row as Francesco Benussi guessed right and parried the ball right to Franck Ribery who promptly crossed back to Robben's waiting head, where he made no second mistake above an attempted bicycle clearance from the troubled Balzaretti. That goal proved to be the winner as Robben described his emotion, "Relief, I feel relief that I didn't cost my teammates the title." Thompson's take was quite different, "I give Arjen a ton of credit there, a lot of players would have put their heads down and sulked after missing a spot kick in a situation like that, but he kept his head up and capitalized on the chance that Franck presented him and I'm d*mn proud of him for it."

Palermo turned up the heat even more after Robben's eventual match winner.  The match turned to one of the high octave variety with Palermo keeping constant and effective pressure on the entire German midfield. That pressure nearly paid off with an equalizer in the 72' but Abel Hernandez's angled attempted was parried wide by in-form Goalkeeper Manuel Neuer. That would prove to be Palermo's last real chance of the match as Bayern defenseman Jerome Boateng added an insurance goal on a real shocker of a mistake by Benussi.

The German squad was not at their best, but it was enough to get by Palermo and secure the league title with one match remaining.  The victory guarantees that the GIMP DFA League Trophy will not be in Merseyside for the first time since Bayern Munchen lifted the trophy in the League's first two seasons.  The win also sees gaffer Ian Thompson as the first manager not named Liam Pruitt to lift the prestigious GIMP DFA League Trophy.

23 comments:

  1. Congrats- well deserved (sincere)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, deserved and well written. Very true about Robben not sulking after PK. That's well put by the manager. Class.

    Let me write the comments for the haters before they get here:

    "What a suckfest"

    "How does Ian's cock taste?"

    "Get off his D"

    "I can't understand your typing with Ian's cock in your hands"

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few observations:

    1. It's nice to see that Tindle and Ian can communicate on the blog about everything but playing each other in a match that's been on the books for weeks.

    2. We need to rethink the idea of having two domestic cup competitions if we are only going to have 6 guys in the league.

    2.5 if we are going to have 2 domestic cups, then the injury rule needs to be more harsh to promote squad rotation from more than 2 teams. This will give Cushing, Tindle and Ingo a better chance to make legit cup runs.

    3. Ingo, once again tries to stir up controversy. This time is more pathetic than when he tried to twist my words to make it seem that I was insulting family members who have passed away recently.

    4. Kudos Ian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5. If a season this small is going to take 6 months to complete then we need to consider one of two options. We can either actually enforce the 10 day rule or we can follow the premier league season and make it mandatory to play one game on saturday, Sunday or Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To Burns' number "3",

    This would imply that you are one of the haters. I did not address you at all or use your name and yet you still seem to follow up with a negative response to me. "Kudos." You are the one stirring things up. I was having fun and being funny.

    Second, nice insult on calling me pathetic when you were the one who stuck your foot in your mouth. Nevermind saying something apologetic. It's not like you went back to comment and clear the air. You just hid, and refused to address your mispoken comment about me not playing matches. Pride David, you have way too much ignorant pride. You David, are the complete opposite of class. I feel so sorry for you. (Honesty)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recall me sending you a text message after you told me about your grandmother. I didn't hide from anything, I just find it exhausting dealing with you on here. You refuse to listen and refuse to use common sense. It was irrational for you to take my comment the way you did especially and I'm done talking with you about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just went back and looke at the comment ingo is refering to just to make sure that an apology didn't need to be given. Please, everyone go back and take a look at my horrible attack on ingo's family. It's In the post about him demanding match facts.

    Also, I Congradulated ian via text this morning...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think we should just drop this and celebrate what the post is about...me being better than everyone (sarcasm)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer sanctimonious character assassination. (apathy(?)) You'll get your suckfest in the season review.



      ...by you I mean Neuer...

      Delete
    2. ...and by you I mean Neuer I mean I want this comment section to devolve into a petty mess of tear stained whinge wank...

      Delete
  9. I agree. Just as tired as you are of these arguments David, I am too. Neither of us is going to back down and it is seriously a waste of time and breath (although we are typing).

    Let's go with the ol fashioned, "Agree to disagree"

    Nothing more needs to be said. Either no response or the simplest of responses like, Sure, Yes, Ok, Agreed are all that needs to be said.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Neuer had 3 clean sheets. Reina had 5. This would imply that it's more Bayern's attacking and scoring that won the league, not Neuer. Help me understand this one please.

    ReplyDelete
  11. He keeps the game close
    He keeps the game cloooose
    The leagues best player's
    The one you don't control.

    ReplyDelete
  12. No need to hijack Ian's celebrations with talk of off seasn adjustments, burns. The league cup isn't going anywhere. We'll make squad rotation and trophy prioritisation essential next season I promise. I've ideas. I shan't derail this post though with them, I'll let your songs do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo the suspense. Will these changes come as a DLC? Do you have that ability?

      Delete
    2. And you wonder why I have a problem with you. Every single comment you make to me, especially ones that are in response to something that has absolutely nothing to with you, are negative and rude.

      Am I the only one that sees this? I challenge someone to grow a pair of balls, not be a little coward like David, and agree with me or prove me wrong.

      God forbid I joke with my friends. You can't even let me do that without getting your two cents of anger and hate mixed in there.

      Like always David, I ask, what is wrong with you? Why are you so bitter and rude and negative? Questions you still avoid to this day. Coward.

      Delete
    3. It'll come as a DIA. Actually you'll enjoy them. It'll prevent "big" club domination.

      Delete
    4. DIA: Digital ? ?

      I'm intrigued

      Delete
    5. To be fair, it's hard to tell when you're joking or just acting bat shit crazy these days. My bad.

      Delete
    6. A Digital Intracolonic Assault

      Delete
    7. Just found my new band name.

      Delete
  13. So the two wingers won the league? #justsaying

    ReplyDelete