The DFA Fall 2020 Season - Opening Day Headlines - LFC Maul CFC 9-0, Burns Melts Down...

26 June 2012

Composed Germany Still Top

It wasn't the stroll in the park Herr Hummels would have you believe.
Germany became the only nation still to hold maximum points on Tuesday night, after dispatching basement-dwelling Holland 4-0. Manuel Neuer also kept the first clean sheet thus far, in a qualifying round that has averaged 6.3 goals per game.

Mario Gomez got the Germans off to a flyer, calmly rounding Stekelenburg in the sixth minute after being played in one-on-one by Lukas Podolski. It was Gomez's fourth qualifying goal and Podolski's first assist.

The Netherlands enjoyed a period of sustained pressure as Germany seemed content to defend, but could only trouble Neuer for one save in the first half before Gomez rolled in his second. It was more deft work from Mesut Ozil to leave Heitinga for dead inside the area, then draw Stekelenburg off his line; leaving all but a simple square pass for Gomez to easily dispatch into the open net.

Germany sat deep and played simple, possession football for nearly all of the second half, only flying forward when it was safe to do so. Marko Reus celebrated his first full cap with a goal after Mario Goetze provided him with an absolute sitter; and substitute and debutant Sidney Sam claimed an assist after Mario Gomez completed his hat trick.


Germany  -  Netherlands
4  -  0    
Gomez                     
Gomez                     
Reus                  
Gomez                     

23 comments:

  1. I bet that Lloris and Buffon had higher match ratings than Neuer did. I have the screen shots to prove it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neuer had a 6.4. Made 3 saves and 1 catch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very similar to Green. Funny how actually playin defense works. Feels good not to rely on the one man that I don't control.

    ReplyDelete
  4. David,

    When will you grow up to not be a horrible human being. A match write up that has zero to do with France and Italy and yet you still act like a prick.

    You wonder why people have such a problem with you. Do you have friends at work? I bet people hate you. Actually nevermind. I'm sure you are kind to their face and then act like an asshole behind their backs. You have such a wonderful personality and you are a great human being (sarcasm)

    I don't rely on one man. I can't help it if FIFA 12 is the dumbest football game in the world because they don't know how to rate players. Where do come off insulting me because of something I can't control? You are so so so pathetic. Look at yourself. The same thing continues with you. If FIFA 12 got it right and gave Buffon and Lloris 5-7's, like the deserve, this wouldn't come up.

    YOU NEED TO SEEK A PSYCHIATRIST!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FIFA did get it right. If those two players played like "7s" in the match you would've lost by 5.

      Delete
  5. Thank you or insulting my character. Seems like the Christian thing to do...

    Your goalie has a save percentage of close to 90% where as mine let's in a goal for every 3 shots on target. How did FIFA rate the two wrong?

    The article mentioned neuer and so did I in my comments. Id appreciate it if you stop saying that I'm a bad person for pointing out facts about a video game. Seems like you are the one that "needs a psychiatrist" since all it takes is a screen shot or state match facts to get you wound up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I bet that Lloris and Buffon had higher match ratings than Neuer did. I have the screen shots to prove it."

    If that line doesn't scream attention and that you have dirt to say about others, then I am wrong.

    The thing is, I don't see it that I am.

    Simple vote I propose. If Burns takes the votes, shame on me. If I take the votes, shame on Burns:

    A. David's comments were just

    B. David's comments were uncalled for

    C. I'm to scared to take a side and settle a simple dispute because I have no backbone.

    Let the voting begin...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. B

      Explanation:

      The above post says nothing about Italy, France, or their two goalies, yet I feel that David's comments were typed with malice as a method of saying, "Hey everyone, look at this! And I have pics too!" I believe it is well known that David has it out for France and Italy and this was a way to continue his rap sheet of insults, sarcastic jabs, and blunt hate aimed at the two of them.

      Delete
  7. C.!

    But I will plop my two cents on each point of contention:

    1. Being a wind up merchant does not make someone a horrible person. Especially when the bait is all video game related.

    2. Bringing up Lloris and Buffon in this post was probably a bit of a stretch, the top performer unveiling will be more appropriate.

    3. One should not expect to have a computer controlled player play an absolute blinder, irrespective of his human controller's input and not see his opponent feel a bit aggrieved.

    4. Conversely, if one's computer controlled keeper is keeping the 10 human controlled players in the match, one should feel a bit fortunate.

    5. Taking and giving a bit of stick is part of football. Digital or real. Supporting or controlling a juiced team will open you to more of that. Germany included. Do Chelsea or city fans apologise for hoovering up players whether they're need or not and distorting wage and transfer fees? No. They still celebrate every inevitable trophy like it's an actual achievement. Why should you care that EA is fond of Buffon? Embrace him or bench him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. C. We are voting on whether or not we can discuss FIFA openly on the blog? This is insane. I just can't wait when the player of the tournament is on a team that struggles to get out of the group stage and is the one computer controlled player on the field.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anyone want to take a vote on whether or not Ingo should play blog police anytime something remotely controversially gets said?

    Perhaps "the Italian" should change his name to "ze Gestapo".

    ReplyDelete
  10. On behalf of Ian (via text):

    "D. To lazy to care, let alone vote"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...or spell correctly.

      Delete
    2. My spelling is flawless.

      Delete
    3. I would like too agree with you, but I am two pedantic too let your usage of "to" slide.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. You should bee more careful when people entrust you with they're text messages.

      Delete
  12. E. I'm sorry me not being able to make shots on goal made this whole comment thread possible.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ingo- you are doing exactly what he wants you to do. I'm hoping you can see that?

    To the point: Burns simply tap passes back and forth with the player he wants to be motm to get the # of passes and pass completed % up. The system can be "gamed" that way so does that really make you better for doing that?

    The game clearly has a problem when Benzema or Remy can have 2 goals and an assist, Lloris has 5 saves, and is given motm.. I'd be willing to bet that most of the motm stats reported are simply made up anyway..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true, as it sounds like England was just passing back and forth with Buffon for most of the match.

      Delete
    2. Buffon did get a lot of touches. So did lloris for that matter.

      All Robert Green does is fuck up back passes (Pruitt can confirm from a friendly) and pick the ball out of the net twice a game.

      Delete
  14. If that was the case joe cole/lampard would be announced as Motm via text before the game even started. I do my Motm first by rating and then who I saw had the most impact on the game. So far Stevie and Gary Cahill have won it according to the game and I agreed in both cases. The game loves Remy by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  15. PLAY A G.D. MATCH OR GET THE F OUT OF THE LEAGUE!!! LOOKING AT YOU TIN-ROD!!!

    ReplyDelete