The DFA Fall 2020 Season - Opening Day Headlines - LFC Maul CFC 9-0, Burns Melts Down...

09 September 2020

Arsenal Humiliated by Liverpool Split Squad

Thompson’s Gunners brought crashing back to Earth by “insatiable” Liverpool split squad. 


In a preseason friendly against title rivals Liverpool, Arsenal were soundly defeated 2-0 snapping their record of 113-0 in such friendlies. Liverpool managed to hold the normally potent Arsenal offense to only 45% percentage and two shots on target. Goals from Mane and Fabinho capped an impressive Liverpool attack that managed 10 shots at Bernd Leno’s goal.


“It was certainly a huge dose of humility that we were served today.” Thompson stated post match. “We’ve been playing really well in friendlies lately but the level of competition hasn’t been the greatest and we just didn’t have the answers for this tremendous Liverpool side.”


It was not just that their outrageous achievement had been ended, it was the manner in which it came to a close. Liverpool manager, Liam Pruitt, is currently on holiday in southern Florida with PSG manager, Mike Cushing. Therefore, while he was soaking up the tropical sun and having a kickabout, his squad took on a full strength Arsenal team managed by first team coach, Juergen Klopp. 


Thompson had nothing but praise for Liverpool as he spoke post match, “They made it look like a stroll in the park and such is their talent. I’ve never seen a team press in packs like that. So organized, ruthless, insatiable. They’ve got 10’s in every position on the pitch so it’s difficult to counter such immense talent.”


While this remains in fact an exhibition, one thing is for certain, Liverpool have the most talented 11 this reporter has seen in all my years covering the GIMP. To face them this season when the most successful manager in history is once again at the helm is going to be a daunting task for any manager no matter the talent.


24 comments:

  1. Looks like da (victoria) secret is out. Letting the computer play d is the way to be

    - The Italian

    ReplyDelete
  2. FIFA 20

    LiamPru - ITMoney

    Time Played: 63 hours - 290

    Games Played: 26 - 408

    Goals Scored: 63 - 1862

    Games Won: 14 - 364

    (Source: XBox App Compare Feature)

    Yeah sorry. Ain’t nobody gonna think you winning The league is some kind of heartwarming underdog story. But kudos on being this rattled this early by being the heavy favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have to put in the hours to be competitive. I can't just rely on EA determining the winner at the selection screen.

      Delete
    2. Since we're comparing:

      FIFA 20

      Arsenal / Liverpool
      Attack:
      Auba 88 / Mane 90
      Laca 84 / Firmino 88
      Pepe 82 / Salah 90

      Mid:
      Ozil 83 / Wijnaldum 85
      Xhaka 80 / Fabinho 86
      Ceballos 81 / Henderson 85

      Defense:
      Tierney 77 / Robertson 86
      Luiz 81 / VvD 91
      Mustafi 79 / Matip 83
      Bellerin 79 / TAA 86

      GK:
      Leno 85 / Alisson 90

      Average:
      Ars - 81.9 / Liv - 87.2

      Acting like you're somehow an underdog here when you've won about 80% of all available trophies and then you get this squad is beyond laughable.

      Delete
    3. Haha are those meant to be massive differences? Yikes.

      ATT - MID - DEF

      LFC v.
      AFC

      86 - 82 - 85
      86 - 82 - 80

      (Source: FIFA20 team sheets)

      You think the 230+ hours more you’ve spent with the game can overcome that massive 5 point disparity?

      Embarrassing.

      Delete
    4. So five points is insignificant when it's Liverpool on top, but back when it was Chelsea, Bayern, or Inter who were superior (by fewer than five points better than Liverpool btw) it was "determined at the selection screen."

      Trump supporter levels of mental gymnastics.

      (Source: SoFifa.com)

      Delete
    5. Well I never said it was “insignificant,” I implied that an over 230 hour of practice advantage should just about bridge that gap in defense. Which hardly seems a controversial claim.

      *Heavy sigh*

      Fine, let’s check these numbers...

      FIFA 10: ATT - MID - DEF

      LFC - 74 - 76 - 75
      Chelsea - 80 - 75 - 76 (+6)
      Bayern - 81 - 77 - 75 (+8)

      FIFA 11:

      LFC - 73 - 73 - 72
      Chelsea - 73 - 77 - 77 (+9)
      Bayern - 76 - 79 - 77 (+14)
      Arsenal - 76 - 76 - 76 (+10)
      Inter - 76 - 74 - 77 (+9)
      Barca - 82 - 80 - 79 (+23)

      FIFA 12:

      LFC - 75 - 71 - 73
      Chelsea - 73 - 75 - 74 (+3)
      Bayern - 80 - 81 - 78 (+20, the year you won the league with them, “btw”)
      Arsenal - 78 - 73 - 76 (+8)

      FIFA 13:

      LFC - 76 - 80 - 79
      Chelsea - 82 - 80 - 81 (+8)
      Barca - 86 - 84 - 84 (+19)
      Bayern - 83 - 84 - 82 (+14)

      At least now we can all clearly see they were not all “superior by fewer than 5 points,” but extra points for lying I suppose. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised the depth you’ll stoop to on this baffling crusade, I just read 300 words on you playing against the computer in a friendly for fuck sake.

      Delete
    6. Fact check: 289 words (not including the title). Now who has credibility issues?!

      Delete
    7. It’s 301 with the title - and he wrote the title...

      Delete
    8. Right...we all know that every GIMP team relies heavily on their youth and bench players to drive their success.

      We all remember how important Nils Peterson was to my championship season...

      Delete
    9. Starting 11 in FIFA 12:
      Bayern: 83.8
      Liverpool: 81

      And I doubt you started Jay Spearing (73) all that often.

      Delete
    10. You will never censor me!!

      Delete
    11. Ok so to clarify, that whole “fewer than 5 points” thing was an intentional lie or...?

      Keep moving the goalposts if you’d like. Keep forging the numbers as well. I’ll keep checking them:

      Starting 11 in FIFA 12:

      Bayern - 84.36
      LFC - 81

      Ribery - 89.................Bellamy - 80.............(+9)
      Gomez - 86................Suarez - 86..............(0)
      Robben - 89...............Kuyt - 78..................(+11)

      Muller - 83..................Gerrard - 86.............(-3)
      Kroos - 83...................Adam - 80................(+3)
      Schweinsteiger - 87....Spearing - 73...........(+14)

      Lahm - 87....................Enrique - 80............(+7)
      Badstuber - 80.............Agger - 83...............(+3)
      Boateng - 79................Skrtel - 80................(-1)
      Rafinha - 78.................Johnson - 80............(-2)

      Neuer - 87....................Reina - 85................(+2)
      ——————————————————————
      Total - 928................................891...............(+43)

      Delete
    12. So...I'm confused is 3.36 > or < 5 points?

      Delete
    13. All of this is besides the point though. The best manager in the history of league, the manager that has won 72% of all trophies ever, is pretending he's an underdog, despite now possessing the best GIMP squad ever.

      Starting 11 and subs that matter. Throwing in the whole 25 man squad is just cherry picking stats and you know it. Nobody plays with their fourth choice wingback.

      I've never claimed to be an underdog despite your best efforts to claim that I have. I believe that Arsenal can win any and all trophies.

      It's your insinuation that you don't have a chance that is the laughable offense here.

      Delete
    14. Furthermore, how many of the 290 hours do you think I've spent in career mode? Tinkering with transfers and formations and then simming most matches. I'd wager it's about 75%.

      Not like I'm playing match after match to hone tactics for the GIMP

      Delete
    15. Let me see if I can clear that up. Under the original metric there was a 20 point difference. Then that was irrelevant because...reasons I guess. So the new metric makes it a 43 point difference. Either way you slice it, LFC were relatively bobbins back then.

      - Never said I was an underdog.

      - Sincerely doubt this is the best ever. Again, we had Galacticos era Madrid, Pep’s Barca, peak Spain, etc all in the DFA at some point.

      - A full picture of a squad’s strength is ‘cherry-picking’? I rotate heavily in the league and domestic cups. I protect players that I need against you when I play against Burns. Squad matters.

      - Um then why is the blog nonstop LFC fellatio? Despairing over losing to the computer ffs. Repeatedly saying they’re better than some legendary teams we’ve seen in here.

      - Again, never said I “don’t have a chance.” It doesn’t take the brightest minds in Vegas to think that someone who has played 230 more hours of a game than anyone else would be the favorite.

      Delete
    16. Vegas? Favorites? I <3 wagers. Fun fact: I still use a bookie in 2020...

      -The Italian

      Delete
    17. * I agree with Ian. The starting 11 for this years Liverpool may in fact be the highest rated in the GIMP.

      *I dont know if that equates to the best team in the GIMP though. Some of those other teams had all time great players that seem to get a slight bump in EA. Plus it seems like ratings may have changed. I dont remember that guys in the 90s back then even though they probably should've been.

      *You both will win all the trophies. You both, maybe Pruitt more this time, sound crazy. Fucking crazy

      Delete
    18. Yes. I too agree with most of this gobbledygook.

      Delete
    19. - Starting 11 and 2-3 subs are really all that matters in the GIMP so that was always the metric I was using. There's no point in including the Trae Coyle because he'll never see the pitch.

      - Oh, my bad. I took you saying things like "what's the point (in playing the league)" and "Ian's going to walk (the league)" as you claiming underdog status.

      - It is. The average rating of Liverpool's starting 11 (+3 subs) is the highest of any team ever. They may have changed the metrics but that's statistically a fact. I'd be happy to look up any team (What FIFA year Galacticos?) you want to compare it to but it doesn't really matter because Liverpool are by far the best for the version we're playing. Only PSG will come "close"

      - Squad rotation is your choice. It's not a requirement. And it's not like you're playing a full 11 or even half 11 of kids in the league against anyone.

      - I'm certainly not "despairing over losing to the computer" The posts are meant for a bit of fun. This is meant to be a place for ENJOYMENT, or is that no longer one of the GIMP tenets?

      - Again, your comments of "what's the point" say otherwise. And again, a vast majority of those 230 hours are not actually playing matches but doing career mode stuff. Not exactly a training camp.

      Delete
    20. My god please make it stop

      Delete
  3. What if you want to run a 4-4-2? What are the ratings for both squads then?

    ReplyDelete