The DFA Fall 2020 Season - Opening Day Headlines - LFC Maul CFC 9-0, Burns Melts Down...

23 October 2020

Burns Issues Apology

Losing to Liverpool by wide margins is nothing new for Chelsea supporters, so no one was surprised when the vastly more talented squad ran rampant on them Thursday evening in the opening GIMP match of the 2020/2021 season.  It was the tone and demeanor of their typically "fiery" manager post match that was the big shock.  Burns stepped up to the podium following the match and rather than berating reporters and blaming the officiating like usual, he offered up an somber apology before exiting without taking questions.  

"I would like to offer my most sincere apology to all my fellow GIMP managers for my behavior in the past", said Burns.  "I always dismissed the 'The game was won at the selection screen' jabs at me in the past as just jealously and hate.  I now know I was wrong.  I was also wrong in the past to rely on gaming the system rather than trying to outplay my opponent.  I relied to heavily on juiced up speed merchants to cock goals.  I am sorry for that." 

Burns did briefly address the 9-0 defeat saying "Look.  I know the score line looked bad...And I know there's a lot of people celebrating the fact that I got a taste of my own medicine...But we did our best.  There were somethings that were well beyond our control that just wrecked us early on and we couldn't recover.  It was demoralizing early on.  We tried to make adjustments and nothing seemed to slow down what they were doing." 

No comments:

Post a Comment