The DFA Fall 2020 Season - Opening Day Headlines - LFC Maul CFC 9-0, Burns Melts Down...

23 October 2020

Burns Returns in Opening Night Rout

He told us he was different. He told us he had changed. Gone were the petulant tantrums that so defined his previous seasons. It took all of 79 minutes to prove that was all nonsense. Liverpool had been rampant, and Chilwell and Kovacic had already been booked for late “tackles” (meant to break up the Reds’ blistering 1-2s) when the mask finally slipped.

Firmino and ManĂ© were bearing down on Mendy’s goal yet again when Antonio RĂ¼diger lashed out at the Senegalese forward in a blatant attempt to injure the star man. Rightfully, the referee produced a straight red card. Such attempted intimidation did nothing to stem the red tide; and immediately after Salah completed his hat trick Mendy booted the kick off straight into his own net in childish frustration. It was an appropriate way to round off his GIMP debut: and own goal after conceding 8.

Where does this leave Chelsea and Burns? We will soon find out. As macabre as his Chelsea antics have historically been, he’s been worse with England. Unfortunately for him, his next match is as England boss against the DFA’s current in-form manager. A manager he has never even laid a glove on, let alone gotten a result. He’s got another chance to prove that he’s a changed man, but I think most of the DFA will forever see him as a slave to that hellion’s temper. 



9 comments:

  1. I mean the tackle you’re referring to was done to prevent another goal not hurt you. But, posting a goal like that showing you celebrate would probably leave most wondering why I didn’t fly off the handle following that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Posted that for Mendy’s sake. Kepa should be in with a shout after that display.

      I celebrated for the viewers who were cheering loudly against me. And even then, stopped after 4.

      (Secondary reason for posting that, to disprove the “hoof” crowd)

      Delete
  2. I, for one, am shocked to find Liverpool atop the Table. Crazy times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ian hasn’t played yet. I expect LFC to be 2nd on goal difference by Monday night.

      (He plays Burns)

      Delete
  3. Gentleman...and Burns,

    Looks like another league title for Pruitt. Hopefully Thompson throws a big enough temper tantrum and quits the league so I can play with the Gunners next year on the new more expensive Xbox.

    Now you'll have to excuse me. I'm not going to be outdone by "the Italian". I'm off to sell some stocks to finance a tea cup lady dog.

    Merci,

    -Adman Tingle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey man good to see you back in here. Hop in an Xbox live party next time we’re on. Looking forward to seeing you back in the league.

      Delete
    2. You wish he was back. Another patsy to vote for long games and Manuel.

      Delete
    3. 10 min halves has been canon since 2005. No one had to “vote for it” you child-brained doofus. Take your meds if you can’t stay awake the entire match.

      Imagine bagging on someone for being skilled enough to play on manual.

      Delete