The DFA Fall 2020 Season - Opening Day Headlines - LFC Maul CFC 9-0, Burns Melts Down...

24 November 2009

Nevermind, Crisis Avoided

In a "I love to say I told you so moment" it appears that choosing teams out of spite is not an effective determinate. More on that debacle later, first let's get things sorted.


Spurs manager, Ingoglia, has announced his retirement, effective immediately following one of the most embarassing displays in DFA history.


This begs the question, what's next for him, and more importantly, us.


A few options:


1. The sacked manager is allowed to choose a new club, of equal or lesser "star level", and pick up where his current fixture schedule has left off.


2. Same as 1, but the new club will be docked 6 points.


3. The manager will be removed from all GIMP competitions for the current season, and all accumulated stats will be stricken from the record.


It should go without saying that this is an absolute LAST RESORT as it is disgraceful and detrimental to the DFA. ANy manager contemplating this should consider the implications upon their reputation in GIMP history.


AS ALWAYS, THE COMMENTS SECTION IS TO BE USED TO DISCUSS

15 comments:

  1. I think the most fair option would be to wipe all points away from the manager. This is one of the worst things ever to hit the league.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree.

    Here's another thought, Ingo. Put the GD settings back on semi where they belong and maybe string 3 passes together for once before bailing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's your record since playing on manual? 1 win 1 draw and 3 losses where you conceeded over 20 goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the manager should be penalized 6 points and allowed to choose a new squad regardless of star value. The bottom of the gimp league looks absolutley atrocious!!!!!! From just looking at gd it appears that the 4 bottom teams play without goalkeapers!!!! It would be nice to see some closer matches and feel as though each match has the potential of going either way. There are a few managers in this league that simpley just need to step it up and start taking the matches seriously. This is the GIMP!!!!!!! Mr. Ingoglia in my opinion is not the only manager in this league who needs to take a long look in the mirror and make a decision.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, if the Greek could sound any more like Pete Dunn I would throw up. Enough with the man in the mirror garbage Diddy. Having said that however, I have to agree with the Greek that a 6 point deduction is most appropriate (with a equal or lesser team than he has now). As a Founding Father of this prestigious league, I am of the opinion that Christopher Ingoglia deserves some leeway for most actions that he could follow through with. I do understand that this is the second year in a row that this has happened, but faults of Founding Fathers have always been overlooked. Alexander Hamilton wasn't hung for being a playboy. Nor was George Washington put to death when he bailed on the Presidency in the nations time of need. In this precedence, leniency should be considered, although I do understand where LP and DB are coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What does this do for a team facing possible relegation? If this was the end of the season right now, could I bail on Arsenal, finish out, then pick them up again next year?
    I think we should do our best to stop this at all costs. We need to really discourage this behavior as it is detrimental to the integrity of the league.
    If we are going to implement a rule, it needs to work at any point in the season. I would propose "automatically drops 9 points below the last place team" or something to that effect.
    -at

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exactly, this is not to done out of frivolity, nor as a knee-jerk reaction to some misguided sense of injustice. Playing the victim has become the new black around these parts, and it's appalling. FIFA 10 is an entirely different animal, not one to be taken lightly- a bit of tactical nous is now required.

    Try your last match of the round on semi, clear a ball one time, and cut out the rainbow flicks, and see if bailing on N London is still the "best" course of action.

    The can of worms you're trying to open is going to bring a hailstorm of feces upon us, Ingo, with less scrupulous/talented managers trying to use whatever ruling we choose to their advantage. It will be necessary to make the ruling detrimental enough to dissuade people from taking this coward's way out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. zzzzzzzzzzzz....oh sorry i fell asleep while reading abcritt's comment. Prestigious league eh? If its like pulling teeth to get you to play in this league, I shudder to think of what it would take to get you to play in a league that is not prestigious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. RELAX EVERYONE! I'm not gone. I had a bipolar knee jerk reaction. Just look at the scores and you can understand. I checked myself into overnight rehab and I'm ok. Sooooo, keep the games going and I'll be here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done.

    "keep the games going"

    If only.....bottlers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I can't tell you how nice it was to just get back after a 2 hour drive to see that Critt is once again trying to pin things on me. First of all I was in a car from 10 until 12:30. Second I have never nor will I ever post something without posting it under my name. Calm down

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what a bunch of clowns. I suck, but atleast I am getting better. What used to be blowouts are atleast becoming competative matches. Letting a manager change squads in the middle of the season is a joke. Analagies to past presidential decisions is a joke. Henry's handball against the Irish is a joke. Everyone just sack up and play, and let the best team win.

    MDZ Barca/Argta

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everyone just sack up and play, and let the best team win.

    Words to live by.

    ReplyDelete