After being forced to serve a long suspension for putting up countless "Joe Cole suck-off" and "Chelsea C***" Youtube videos, I have now been fully reinstated on the blog. To make up for the month and a half that I haven't been able to write anything, I'd like to put up a few things that I've been thinking about since this season has started.
Anyone Else Miss the Rod?
As a member of the GIMP Digital Football Association since its second full season, I have to admit that I miss Louis in the league. He was a brilliant football manager and a good friend. He brought a lot of fire to the league and was a tremendous competitor. It is a shame that most remember him for all the wrong reasons. I like to think that he'll be able to find some time in his schedule to fit us back in and get back to league.Wasn't this season supposed to be shortened?
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but weren't there a tremendous amount of changes that were made in order to make sure that matches were played in a timely fashion and that the league would be much shorter? If it wasn't for "creative scheduling", clubs like Roma and Barca would receive point deductions and forfeits.
Where have all the excuses gone?
It was much more fun to hear all the creative excuses for why people weren't willing to play matches. Now you either get "I don't feel like it playing matches" or no response at all. I liked it much better when people were willing to fight on the blog about how much they "love" and "honour" the league. Remember...back when I was the bad guy? When I was the one who was detrimental for the league (not sure how though)
A final plea
Its still not to late to admit that you really don't want to be here in the league. There is no reason for anyone to hold the league hostage. I urge the commissioner to start issuing the 10 day point deduction for overdue matches. "Its for the good of the league".
More tomorrow.... Back to FIFA World Cup with IT MONEY. I know weird. Two managers actually enjoying a football match.
"All the wrong reasons", eh? if they are in fact actual reasons and did occur, then they cannot be wrong reasons. He made his reputation, and whatever it is, it's what he earned.
ReplyDelete"It is not too late to quit"(paraphrase). No it is not. There is a precedent for this, remember? Or is that one of the "wrong reasons?"
The League will carry on. No man is larger than the league. Thumb their nose they may, they will be dealt with.
That said, I do indeed miss the Rod. It was refreshing to have a genuine contender to break the big two. ITMoney has the chance this season, whether or not he has the bottle, is another story entirely.
ReplyDeleteSpare the Rod, spoil the "Big Two."
I love this post. Let me address all headlines. Not pissed at him or have anything against him but, i dont miss the rod. I have not one single bone or nerve in my body that sits here and thinks, i wish he was still in this league. I don't oppose him coming back either. Missing the rod feeling...apathetic.
ReplyDeleteThis season has been yet another disgrace in continous play. Not only have we faded away from playing games in a somewhat timely manner (never was even somewhat timely) but many dont even check the blog anymore.
No more excuses? Nailed it! The saddest thing this season is the excuses have serioulsy become, "NO, i don't want to" WHAT?! Then why are you here. Truly breaks my heart with all the disconcern to take this seriously.
And finally, I agree 100% with davidwade in saying, GET OUT OF THIS LEAGUE IF YOU DONT CARE! I am all for deductions. I may be taking my lickings in matches and have really fallen off the map in skill, but I'm still always itching for a match. PLAY ME!
On a side note, I have great internet for the summer. See you on the pitch...or not. Your choice
Ciao,
The Italian