The DFA Fall 2020 Season - Opening Day Headlines - LFC Maul CFC 9-0, Burns Melts Down...

02 June 2010

Burns Hits Back at German Remarks


After leading England to their first major trophy and taking quite the lashing from the German coaching staff, David Burns has issued a statement on his own and his team's behalf.

"I'd like to first congratulate the lads on a job well done. We went from being a laughing stock over the past two seasons to being the champions. Many have said that we didn't deserve to win but I completely disagree. The Germans played an excellent match. Pruitt is a wonderful tactician and has his team very well prepared for tonight's tie. They out played us at times but we created a lot of opportunities as well. Rooney hit the post 3 or 4 times and Carra missed an open header. I'm not taking anything away from the Germans but we were the best team throughout this tournament and deserved to win it. I know he feels hard-done and I can't blame him. We didn't play the sexiest football tonight but we did what we had to do to win."

England and Germany are early favorites to meet again in the finals next season.

8 comments:

  1. Two weak headers palmed onto the outside of the post do not a classy performance make. "Doing what we had to to win," certainly does not. Especially when that doesn't involve competing on skill.

    Choose a highly rated squad, muscle, bully, foul, and ride the bounces to "glory". Repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best team throughout? You beat me on an own goal. Congrats nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, the own goal.

    See again: "Ride bounces to glory. Repeat"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stevie Bruce commented? Really Ian? You had the shit kicked out of you that game and you know it. Pruitt I'm assuming helped you write this post with him ready to comment minutes later that's fine though Mark Hughes. Get ready to roll over again for him in the champions cup. Through a game to get your ass beat in the final. Pruitt must be excite knowing he's already wrapped up the trophy because of your inept play against him. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did I have shit kicked out of me? I remember seeing White Didier (no credit for guessing who also has the Original Didier) do his typical number of making an absurd, impossible, glitch goal. But yeah I can see how I had the shit kicked out of me. Funny how you call me inept, when was the last time that you beat me? Well who cares it won't be in the Champions Cup this year. You wait and see if I through (or did you mean throw, oh who the hell needs spelling) the final assuming I make it to the final I would have to beat the defending champ first. "Cheers"

    Thanks to Liam for helping me post this as well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on taking a mild, truthful observation and blowing it up out of proportion to start another unnecesary yet entertaining post fight. Too bad the congrats were sincere as well

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess holding the ball for close to 60% of the game and doubling your shots on goal isn't an ass kicking? I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do not remember the meaningless statistics. Here we are again where you can't handle a situation that didn't go your way with sportmanship and class.

    ReplyDelete