England became the first nation to punch their ticket into the knockout rounds of the International Cup. The dour 1-1 draw with Portugal was enough to clinch their progress as group winners.
Their consistent inconsistency continued as the Three Lions overcame a horrid start to the group stage amid the rest of Group B's flailing about. Fortunately for Mr. Burns, the less than ruthless nature of his opponents ensured that the door to qualification would remain wide open until the final day.
The other four nations in the group are still in with a shout to wrap-up second place, and the oft-unpredictable foursome will have to make their minds up soon as to who wants to progress.
England's midfield dominated the group after their first 3 matches. England averaged just under 60% possession and just over 80% passing in their last 5 games.
ReplyDeleteIf only I had a decent striker or some glitch wingers...
ReplyDeleteYou have yourself to blame with that for cutting Rooney, get off it.
ReplyDelete"If only you had a decent striker or somne glitch wingers," what?
ReplyDeleteWhat would have been the outcome then?
A few more goals maybe? And I wouldn't have to use any technique or skill to win.
ReplyDeleteYes anonymous it's my fault for not submitting the default roster and taking the time to change tactics in order to put my team in the best position to win. I don't have a great squad but you don't hear me begging guys to play their b squad against me.
I do recall said begging, but to be fair he did only have the best team ever assembled at his disposal.
ReplyDeleteto be fair, i was not the anonymous post. I also recall saying that, even though I have the best team ever assembled, I am not by any means the best manager ever assembled. Self deprecating? yes. Spot on? You bet.
ReplyDeleteI forgot you said that. I was just responding to the anonymous post.
ReplyDelete