Ireland has two loses on record for games that have not been played. With no effort to confirm a time to play from either side...the league conveniently calls forfeit for 2 matches??
Barca as well has a mysterious 9th match loss that has not been played.
Cool, glad I wasted my money on this game. See you on Virtual Tennis.
The case put forward by Mr. Thompson coupled with his 8-10 hour sessions (with me) on the boz this week implied there was only one party at fault.
ReplyDeleteI'm all ears, let's try this case.
I'll get the ball rolling, Thompson's case, as I understand it, is multiple texts across multiple days suggesting to play coupled with one Murphy no show and undeniable availability over the last 3-5 nights.
ReplyDeleteTexts + Murphy no show + 8 hours on box last several days = why I made my decision.
If you can refute/counter claim, please do, Mr. Murphy.
I asked last week on Thursday if Mr. Murphy would want to play this weekend to which he replied "Sunday night 9:30cst works best." I attempted to contact Mr. Murphy via text message that night and the nights following with no response. My texts read "matches?" I was not referring to starting a fire.
ReplyDeleteI apologize gentleman, but I am not going to get involved in this sort of he said she said debate. I feel the commishiner is trying to oust a particular manager from the league. It's amazing that if you don't participate in the blog, you must not read the blog, or track points, so points will be secretly rewarded to "see if he even notices". I will now have a non violent work stoppage on all games until this matter is corrected and the commishiner's duties are suspended for an appropriate time
ReplyDeleteIt appears as if this work stoppage has started somewhere around 13 days ago.
ReplyDelete"Matches? I was not referring to starting a fire"
ReplyDeleteBAAAHAHAHAHHA!! I love it!
Brillant!
What would a violent work stoppage be in this situation?
ReplyDeleteWould your avatar try to assassinate the commissioner's avatar? Can you purchase weapons in the market place?
I am going to retire. My GIMP career is over. Please feel free to call it the GIP cup. Godspeed.
ReplyDeleteGIP?! HAHAHA! Another chuckler!
ReplyDeleteMurph, lets start our own hockey league.
MIHL....what do you think?
Let's trace the sequence of events, shall we?
ReplyDelete1. League votes upon a time limit under which matches are to be played.
2. Schedule rules and regulations are posted right above the schedule clearly listing the protocol to be followed this season.
3. Two managers fail to play two matches.
4. Manager A pleads his case to me as to why the failure to participate is not his fault.
5. Manager B refuses to even respond to text messages from me let alone attempt to explain why he feels Manager A is lying.
6. Manager B throws strop on blog and calls for the Commissioner's suspension.
7. Manager B quits league.
Is there anything I'm missing?
You've been hinting at retirement for a couple of seasons now, I'm glad the rules could provide you with a "platform" to finally pull the trigger.
Also, if we dropped letters every time a founding father unceremoniously dropped out of the league we'd be down to the PI league.
ReplyDeleteWith the cracking motto: 3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510...
I have been soured...but clever post for the PI league.
ReplyDeleteAlthough I retired yesterday, I would still like an explanation on the Barca point scandle all mighty commish.
ReplyDeleteRules 3 and 4 of the "Rules and Regulations" (above the schedule) are in place to prevent a manager dragging an opponent against their will into a "0-0 loss".
ReplyDeleteThompson stated a case showing that he tried his utmost to play.
You refused to do so.
Should Ian be punished for your aversion to all things GIMP?
That doesn't answer my question...Ireland has 2 losses, Barca 1...please explain
ReplyDeleteBarca has lost to Madrid (1-0), Liverpool (2-0), Tindle (3-0), Chelsea (3-1), Bayern (forfeit) : 5.
ReplyDeleteIreland has lost to Italy (3-1), Germany (2-0), Brazil (5-0), Brazil (forfeit) : 4.
What's the question?
A more complete pi is appropriate I think. 3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751
ReplyDelete05820974944592307816406286208998628034825342117067
98214808651328230664709384460955058223172535940812
84811174502841027019385211055596446229489549303819
64428810975665933446128475648233786783165271201909
14564856692346034861045432664821339360726024914127
37245870066063155881748815209209628292540917153643
67892590360011330530548820466521384146951941511609
43305727036575959195309218611738193261179310511854
80744623799627495673518857527248912279381830119491
Wow...I see the commish has swiftly taken action on Barca. That's weird. "Look, he noticed, now what? Let's just get him out of here!!"
ReplyDeleteNoticed what? You didnt play your games on time. You didnt ask for an extension or explain why you didn't Play them on time. Ian said you failed to reply to requests to play and you havent said anything on the subject. You then accused the league of giving Barca and ireland more losses than you deserved. You were promptly proven wrong. You quit. You had your points taken from
ReplyDeleteBarca, much like what happened when Louis quit, and now you're complaining about that.
I don't understand what the problem is...
All this time coming up with conspiracy theories and quitting could have been used to either respond to Ian, play Ian or respond properly on the blog.
This is tiresome...
ReplyDeleteYes...that's what I did. I hatched a scheme oust you from the league. What motive I would have for that I'm not sure...
"Hmmmmmmm how can I get the guy who hasn't played a match in over a month and a half to quit the league of his own accord?"
Hang on, here's the devious bit: "I know, I'll simply follow the rules and regulations that were voted upon and posted since day one!"
PLAY A DAMN MATCH OR JOG ON. YOU'RE NO MARTYR.
David Burns,
ReplyDeleteYou are not the commish. You are not Manager A or Manager B. Therefore, just stay out of this. If this was a hearing in court, Pruitt (the commish)would be the judge, Ian the plantiff, and Murph the defendant (or you can switch the two). You on the other hand are either on the jury or in the crowd watching. There is no need for you to jump in the argument. These are grown ass men who can handle it. Just let them take care of it. You are only creating more of a problem.
I'm not creating shit! I'm allowed to give my opinion on the subject. You also made comments about it, although they were retarded, you still made remarks under this post.
ReplyDeleteAlso, you haven't noticed we all voted on the god damn rules in the league. This is a democracy therefore I'm entitled to give my input. Nothing I said was untrue, disrespectful or said for the sake of creating more arguments. You however, have successfully distracted readers by taking attention away from a neglegent manager and placed onto me, who was trying to figure out why Murphy is claiming that there is a massive conspiracy against him.
Rather ironic for you to get in the middle of something by saying "stop getting in the middle of things".
ReplyDeleteThis is about murph and the league. Not about you and me.
This is about the integrity of the league, not a manager. This league is run by a dictator, not the people. No one agrees there should have been a message from the commish that games needed to be played??
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty sure you don't just forfeit games in a league when there is a rain delay (holidays) and not mention it to the team, but instead let them find out in the standings in the sports section on page 6C. I am fighting for the principle...just because manager IT Honey (one of the commish's pawns) says he sent some random matches texts, must mean it's true. I have voiced an obvious flaw and now I am being attacked by all of the fearful video game pups under the commish's watchful eye.
The "message from the commish that games need to be played" is clearly posted on the right hand side of the blog. It's the "forfeiture date."
ReplyDeleteThe schedule has been changed to accommodate holidays before, but in order for me to know to do that, I would need some kind of information wouldn't I?
Has "IT Honey" sent texts? He claims to have done so. You have said nothing on your behalf regarding your communication with Mr. Thompson. Who shall I believe, the man who says something, or the one who speaks in circles?