The DFA Fall 2020 Season - Opening Day Headlines - LFC Maul CFC 9-0, Burns Melts Down...

16 February 2011

DFA Cup Report

Four Clubs were in action last night, kicking off the first round of the DFA Cup - the oldest cup competition in DFA history...

'Pool Pulls One Out

In the opening fixture to this season's Cup run, Liverpool and Inter produced an absolute thriller at Anfield. Walter Samuel scored early on from a corner, and Wesley Sneijder quickly added a second to give the League Cup champs, Inter, an early lead.

It was to be a tale of two halves however, as Steven Gerrard curled a free kick beyond Julio Cesar and Andy Carroll stabbed home following a slick string of one-twos. Neither side was able to claim a winner, and extra time beckoned. The extra 30 minutes are always cagey affairs, and the only mistake Inter's incredible back line made all night was the one that put Mr. Carroll one-on-one with Cesar. Liverpool's January signing calmly placed a low, left-footed shot into the corner of the net - sending the underdog Merseysiders through.

It was an improbable victory, and Mr. Pruitt will be relieved to have overcome such a massive hurdle so early on in this competition.

Burns Scores Three; Injures Two

In another classy display by Chelsea, Murphy's Barca side was dumped out at home 3 goals to nil. Now that the Londoners have added another $100 million dollars worth of players to their roster, Burns' complaining about Madrid's and Barcelona's squad strength has thankfully stopped - and the new parity was demonstrated with a controlling display at the Nou Camp.

Malouda, Kalou, and Alex were all on the scoresheet for the Pensioners as the result was never in doubt; and it appears Murphy's early season form has plummeted once again. Surely must be merely coincidence that it started with his lengthy sabbaticals from the box. Chelsea will face holders, Bayern in the next round, as Thompson (and the rest of the league) will be hoping he can continue his good run of form against the league's noveu riche.

74 comments:

  1. "classy"? That's interesting coming from the man who was complaining during his entire match. Murphy and I had a good, fun competitive game. He hit the post twice and missed a peno. We had a lot of fun but were often distracted by the complaining, yelling and belittling coming from the other match.

    Again we get it you hate chelsea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then I'll change it to "lucky" if he hit the post twice and missed a penalty (no doubt following one of the 3 bookings or two injuries to his best attacking threats - you're right "classy" was way off).

    Again, you fail to rebut any of my comments regarding Chelsea. Surely, the irrefutable facts are so damning to "your" club, then there's a reason not to like them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bullet point them to make it easier (since all my past notes merely get complained about but not challenged)

    1. Chelsea added (another) $100 million dollars worth of players this Jan.

    2. You have not complained about Madrid or Barca since (after leading the charge earlier on in the season).

    3. Your squad is comparable to those two sides and streets ahead of the majority of clubs in the league.

    No excuses for ignoring the debate now (other than being wrong).

    ReplyDelete
  4. How could I say that we didn't spend £70 million? You're right we did. How could I dispute that? Please tell me how you wanted me to say that we didn't buy anyone when it's a fact that we did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exactly, proving my point that everything I write about Chelsea (that is greeted by you crying foul) is a nailed on fact.

    "We get it, you don't like Chelsea [so stop printing all these slanderous facts about them]" is the implication then?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I post something containing FACTS about Chelsea...

    You comment: "you hate Chelsea"...

    I comment: "prove my statement(s) wrong, they are all true"...

    You refuse to do so (as one is unable to accurately refute facts)...

    I smugly ponder how printing facts makes me a hate-monger...

    I then realise that Chelsea and their actions are so reprehensible that merely seeing them in black and white is enough to illicit a negative response...

    SORTED.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah you're right. You don't add these little snide remarks for your own pleasure, you do it to inform. Even though they add nothing to the actual story you're right they're needed.

    My mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I explained how you were able to comfortably dispatch a club that you had spent the first two months of the season complaining about being too strong.

    You did this by spending $100 million in January.

    Hilarious this: "little snide remarks." ONCE AGAIN, these are ALL FACTS. Can facts be classified as "snide remarks"?

    If Chelsea do not behave in a reprehensable manner, then why do you get so defensive when all I do is clearly state what they do?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You refer to my game as classless when you spent the entire time Complaining about Inter. Murph and I were having fun and laughing and you told me to "shut up" when I said it "good game" to murph. You made a ton of assumptions as to what was going on in my game while belittling your opponent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Easily dispatched the club that I complained about? Point out the last time
    I lost to murph.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did not refer to it as "classless". That is clear to see.

    I tell you to "shut up" every time you use condescending tone to opponents.

    I'll repeat : If Chelsea do not behave in a reprehensable manner, then why do you get so defensive when all I do is clearly state what they do?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, "easily dispatched the club you complained about."

    Not sure what pointing out the last time you lost to Murph would prove. I can easily point out the time(s) you complained about squad strength...but that would just prove my point...AGAIN.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah the "classy" was sincere. And the way you treated ian and ingo in your last to matches was much better than me laughing and giggling with murph.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What is the arguement here?

    You've bounced between several different ones.

    The phrase "classy display" is used extremely frequently in match reports. As much as you big up your own "football knowledge" I'd have thought you knew that. Sorry.

    Now you're interpreting tone from a harmless phrase? I write facts about Chelsea's spending habit and you throw a tantrum. You then launch a lengthy arguement, dropping old topics and jumping to new ones each time you're vanquished. Then you interpret an innocuous phrase in a match report as an attack. Drop the complex, son, it's getting embarassing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. See what I did there at the end? Threw in a little condescention towards a defeated opponent. Got that from you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes Ive seen class written in match reports before. They normally aren't put in quotations though. My mistake. I guess all the laughter and friendly chatting between murphy and I would make you think that I was rubbing in a win by saying good game at the end. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OK, so that's the "Chelsea facts" arguement, the "Squad strength" arguement, the "Complaining about squad strength" arguement, the "Snide remarks" arguement, the "Classy display" arguement and the "Condescending tone" arguement put to bed.

    Now for the loose ends:

    "If Chelsea do not behave in a reprehensible manner, then why do you get so defensive when all I do is clearly state what they do?"

    This one's from all the "Again, we get you hate Chelsea" comments we see littered about on here.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm done you win. If you don't think you've done anything wrong that's all tha matters.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you win the league because if anyone else does they are going to have to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hear what? A list of facts? God forbid.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aren't you guys suppose to be working?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Facts that are irrelevant to that match that was played and are being used to make my team like bad for no reason. Meanwhile you've yet to address why I am being chastised for saying good game after an enjoyable game with Murphy and you treat Ian and ingo like shit. Why? Why can't I be nice? I had a good time and you try to spin it as if I was talking down to Murphy. Youre behavior was sickening the last two matches and If even acted half as bad as that you and everyone else would be up in arms. I'm tired of the double standards and I'm tired of the uncalled for Chelsea ridiculing when I have done nothing wrong

    ReplyDelete
  23. You should quit the league again then.

    ReplyDelete
  24. "Chelsea ridiculing"? FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME : FACTS ARE NOT RIDICULE!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm really only here for blexted match facts, but Chelsea facts do seem to be making quite a few more appearances after Burns' sabbatical.

    ReplyDelete
  26. He can dish it out, but cannot take it. Standard. If he slates ingo after he quit (a couple times) he thinks he shouldn't get a bit of stick after dropping out mid-season as well. Talk about his precious "double standard".

    ReplyDelete
  27. Same result. You're easy to wind up (see above for details), especially over innocuous things (again, see above). But methinks the fact that you're so defensive over CFC's dealings, is that you know it's farcical.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Either you don't understand or youre just refusing to listen. I know the facts are true. You writing them for sole purpose of winding me up is what I have a problem with! It's fucking old! I'm tired of the mass emails that get sent out when a negative article about Chelsea gets published. I'm tired of you throwing out these facts when they're not needed for anything but your amusement. I'm tired of things like "class" being used about me when I was didn't do anything wrong. I'm tired of being told to shut up for saying good game but you can make Ian and ingo feel like shit.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Mass emails? When was the last one of those? And let's number them, there weren't more than 2 or 3.

    The facts in the above post made a point about squad strength and the resulting scoreline. Context.

    Again read the post, berating me because you mistakenly (and in a rather amusingly paranoid way) took offense to an harmless (and complimentary) phrase is comical.

    Say good game when you lose, or if you'd not been king o' the strop when you were a basement manager then the platitudes when you win wouldn't ring so hollow.

    If anyone "feels like shit" over what is said during a match or on the blog, then they would have been much more insulted by the unkind words you used to throw around on both back when you were bottom of the league.

    Perspective : take a break from the ivory tower construction and give it a go. Hard for a Chel$ea fan, I know.

    P.S. - If you don't like my match reports, feel free to write your own. Can't wait to comment, "We get it, you really like Chelsea."

    ReplyDelete
  30. Maybe you should quit again. That'll show him

    ReplyDelete
  31. "In another classy display by Chelsea"

    That's how you start your write up about chelsea's game. Hmmm. A game you didn't watch. Anyone in their right mine can see that your section on Chelsea's match is completely filled with a demeaning connotation. The context of your post is nothing more than belittling Burns, who I've seen great change in, for being a squad that you hate so much. Keep your personal Liverpool, none digital vendetta out of it.

    You go on and on and on about how much Chelsea spent. BURNS DIDN'T SPEND IT!! AND HE DOESN'T EVEN USE OR SCORE WITH YOUR PRECIOUS TORRES!

    It's funny bc last night you bitched about one of my players having cheat code speed. HAHAHAHA!! You truly forgot about that spainard that burned the whole league with his feet.

    But hey, fire away at me now. You are never wrong of course

    ReplyDelete
  32. Again, the term "classy display" is used quite frequently in football (soccer) journalism. From now on I'll post equivalent American sports terms underneath each post. Things like "ass-whuppin'!" and "Boom-shaka-laka!"

    He most certainly does use Torres. He didn't yesterday because he announced he was "resting him against Barca." (Quite the luxury, eh?)

    "The Spaniard that burned the league with his feet"(?) no longer plays for me, thus : stones = thrown. House = not an ounce of glass.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Will this be on the "Best of the Blog" part deux?

    ReplyDelete
  34. To be fair, "Boom Shakalaka" is a basketball term, a sport that is played in as many countries as soccer is, so it is entirely possible that the phrase is used elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  35. To be fairest, "Boom Shakalaka" was coined by Sly and the Family Stone, a band from San Francisco. Then popularized by ESPN and NBA Jam, two undeniably American entities.

    Thus, my categorizing of "Boom Shakalaka" as "American" is wholly correct.

    ReplyDelete
  36. The way you use classy in reference to Burns is always negative. You are in denial to think different. The rest of Chelsea v Barca section doesn't help your case as you carry on a demeaning attitude towards him.

    As for Torres, instead of telling me things I already know, just acknowledge the fact you once HAD Torres and that you were complaining about the very thing that myself and the league have battled against for the past 5 years...A SPEEDY FORWARD.

    Simply put, you were complaining about competing against what you once had

    ReplyDelete
  37. Also, how many goals has Torres scored for Burns. That money that you complain about, that David burns didn't spend, isn't helping him win games.

    The original Chelsea members from the start of this season is what Burns continues to produce goals with.

    Multi million dollar man Torres, is not david's main man mayonnaise.

    What kind of talk would we be having if you were successful with Joey Cole? You wouldn't rub that in his face would you? Nooooooo (sarcasm for those who have trouble)

    ReplyDelete
  38. - Point out to me another "negative reference to Burns" by way of "classy". I think you'll find them non-existent. Especially for something I "always" do.

    - Referencing Burns' posts du jour at the beginning of the season (you know, the ones that got your panties in just as big a bunch as this) and explaining why they are now irrelevant, is demeaning? So be it. You are apparently a fan of gleaming tone from works of prose, then why can't you appreciate a bit of full circle resolution?

    - Yes, complaining about something I do not have. Again, apologies for not saying, "Here ya go, mate. Go on then with my best ever GIMP player. Enjoy." Perhaps those "haves" (such as yourself) who possess multiple 85+ forwards cannot relate.

    - He has scored once in the one game he appeared in. Pretty good ratio. "The original members still produce" : brilliant insight this, you mean he hasn't sent the 11 originals home in favor of Luis in defense and Torres alone up front in a risky 1-0-1 formation? Though that would keep the avg player rating at 84...

    - If Joe Cole was one of the game's best players, and not an injury-prone, bench weasel, yes. But those are some massive ifs. Two completely different scenarios. Burns suckled Joe's pud out of homoerotic desire, not world class skill.

    - Good thing you lot had thicker skin when the blog started, if you're this bent out of shape after (perceived) slights (which are actually relevant facts), the league would have imploded after your profanity laden posts about managers' wives former lovers.

    ReplyDelete
  39. To be fair on being fairest, all I said was that it is entirely possible that it is used in countries all over the world. The phrase was popularized by NBA Jam first, a game that has had many releases since its development by Midway in 1993 and one that has been released in Europe on numerous occasions. Since then, rights have been sold to EA, the worlds leading independent developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software. Although EA is an American company, it has foreign headquarters in England, France, Germany, Singapore, China, South Korea, Brazil, India, Japan, and Montreal, all nations in which Basketball is played (on various levels of skill, I might add).

    ReplyDelete
  40. To be the fairest of them all (dear mirror), all I said was that "Boom Shakalaka" was an "American sports term," and I'm still certain that it is.

    What other country would claim that dreadful drivel otherwise?

    ReplyDelete
  41. Tell us more grandpa Crittenden

    ReplyDelete
  42. Dear Pot,

    What did you call me and why?

    Love always,
    Kettle

    ReplyDelete
  43. For this argument's sake I hope it's not a black pot

    ReplyDelete
  44. Man up one time, anonymous. Coward.

    ReplyDelete
  45. The last one was mine & the one prior sounds like Patton Oswalt

    ReplyDelete
  46. This post has gotten well out of hand.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Only to our newly hyper-sensitive members. Strop-prone hypocrites, the lot of 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Is David a "new" member in this instance?

    ReplyDelete
  49. Newly hyper-sensitive, yes.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Braedyn, I will address each of your responses with the appropriate dash mark ( - ).

    - You're probably right, I can't, better yet won't find another reference to Burns in a post using "classy" in a negative manner. Simply because I clearly don't have the time or patience to sift through endless amounts of dribble. However, I HAVE TO HEAR FROM YOUR MOUTH every week on the xbox when the two of you are in the same party. Shall I start recording our xbox live party talks. No, that would be stupid and ridiculous. So, again, I go on the support of others who can vouch for Pruitt's mouth.

    - A bit of full circle resolution? Yes, Burns used to throw out lots of posts that were rude, and cynical, and demeaning as well. But, he has made great strides to rid that cloak and just enjoy playing the game. So, when is it your turn? Because as of late, It has been ALL you with the attacks, sarcasm, cracks, emails, texts, and whatever else you can muster to put others down. In a previous post in the comments section, you argue with Burns and even after he withdrawls (after never really arguing back) you comment with, "What, no comeback? I guess I'm right then. I win" Now, I don't have the time to look nonsense up so that wasn't verbatum but it is pretty damn close. Not only did you instigate, but you antagonized and harrassed even after the man was fed up with you. So, full circle resolution? You are making lap after lap on this circle. Time to slow down for a pit stop.

    - Haha! This one is great. Acceptance with sarcasm. Classic you. To respond to my comment on you complaining about my fast forwards, you just throw out "I'm sorry I don't have a team full of 85's like you Ingo." Haha. Again, not word for word. This one speaks for itself. I don't expect you to be happy about giving Torres away saying, "hear ya go mate...enjoy." I DON'T SAY THAT AT ALL. You are making stuff up now to stand strong in self arrogant righteousness. BRAEDYN! HELLO...you complained and were bitching about my Milito's speed. So be it. Welcome to the club. We all had to face speedy Torres for many many years. God forbid we complained to you about that.

    ...continued on next comment...

    ReplyDelete
  51. - The biggest point I'm trying to make here, is that you bring the real world into the digital world on this blog. This is the GIMP(DFA). DFA! Digital Football Association. Enough with the Torres and Chelsea spending $75 or $100 or WHATEVER! It doesn't belong here. "Original members scoring...brillant insight." YES! You posted, "Now that the Londoners have added another $100 million dollars worth of players to their roster." SO! I say Burns wins with originals and you feel the need to remind me how high they are in ratings. That's going off my point to come off right. Your father teaches you well. You would make a great lawyer. I do mean this as a compliment. Your tactics are like that of the man in "Thank you for smoking" when he is questioning his son about which ice cream is best. In court, in the spur of the moment, great stuff. But with time to read, contemplate, and think, I'm fighting back.

    - Joe Cole....I don't care. Not sure I even know where I was going with that or better yet, I don't feel like wasting my time.

    - Yeah I had some wild posts back then. Some in jest and others filled with anger, yet the anger ones were mainly bn just David and I. "Perceived slights?" No no, the majority of us, which not many will stand up for, see your words clear and full of ridicule. And "relevant facts?" Facts or no facts. Being a dick is being a dick. And the facts like money spent in REAL LIFE...well I already addressed that. Facts like answering mine and others comments with trying to put us down by saying how juiced up our teams our...yeah you list facts but you don't answer questions. You only change the focus of attention...like a great lawyer. Again I commend you on that. I mean, there's listing facts, and then there's listing facts with an asshole overtone. The majority of us would agree that you do that latter part.

    Well, all bickering aside, let's keep the blogging, posting, commenting, gaming, joking, arguing, whining, blaming, and all the other cockgobblin nonsense that makes this blog what it is, going. After all, if we can't be upfront with our friends, then we're not really friends at all. Plus this blog would be extremely boring and sterile if it went soft. (in dr. drew's voice) I'M GAY!

    FIRE AWAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  52. - "Won't" is not "better yet", for you because it proves my point. CTL+F is quick and easy, but don't bother, I already ran it and found nothing (which also proves my point).

    - It's my turn now, that's when. A bit of schadenfreude never hurt anybody. I suppose you'd prefer me to "turn the other cheek", I, however will subscribe to the "eye for an eye" principles in this case - until I bloody well feel like turning my posts into the tickle fight you so crave.

    - I'm not making anything up. Again, I'm complaining about something I do not have. No glass house here. "Welcome to the club"? The only time I haven't been in the club is when I'm playing Roma. I now face 9 clubs with better forwards than I. Most have two (yes you, Eto'o and Milito).

    - OK. So in the context of our "DFA", would the title favorites, currently involved in a title race with the reigning champions, nicking said champion's best ever player and the league's all-time top scorer not be a massive story? You're daft if you think that real life has no effect on the DFA - and even more daft if you think Torres to Chelsea is not a massive story within our league. It's arguably more applicable to the DFA than real life.

    - Good. No one cares about Joe Cole.

    - I think you'll find that I answered all questions - some several times over. Your lot's arguement is based on perceived tone and emotional distress, thus my stance is far easier to defend.

    I apologise, but I've no sympathy for you and your stance. I'm not the only one with posting priveliges, there's a very simple route around such foolishness in the future. If you ever took the time to write up your own matches (in the dull, self-serving manner you no doubt crave) you could write whatever you please about me and/or my club. All I would do is defend myself in the comments section (shock, horror!) instead of whinge on endlessly about how you "don't like my club".

    Since you two inexplicably softened to the point of absurdity, I'll remind you : that's what this blog is (in part) for - you give, you get. You bloody well gave and gave lots early on. Save the persecution complex, and wear it; or, you know, fight back. You used to revel in it, now you wallow in self-pity.

    ReplyDelete
  53. - Ok, so nothing on the blog. I admitted that. Nevermind addressing your sarcastic cutting mouth. Just stand firm on not finding it on the blog and all is well for your side of the argument according to your logic. Bottom-line is 99.9999% of the time, you don't use "classy" with sincerity. And don't continue with this football journalism stuff. That's not you.

    - I don't mind it being your turn. Have at it, but for how long. Play the asshole long enough and that's only way we all will know and remember you. Fun in the beginning, getting out of hand now. That's ok though, ignore my side of it stating how you have gone around the circle for too long. As long as you LOOK right...right?

    - I'm glad you finally agree you're complaining. I'm settled in peace on that.

    - Bottomline, we are all sick of hearing about your hatred of Chelsea. It's a sad one man fight bc David along with the rest of the league don't care. We get it.

    - Yes, who cares.

    - I will never expect any sympathy or sense of compassion from you ever. For those of us that have that privilege of knowing you long enough, know that you are "never wrong" and never apologize or show any sincerity. Just stubborn, egotistical arrogance like your idol Adam Corolla. But hey, that's why we love ya (no homo) and hate ya.

    Get it on

    ReplyDelete
  54. - I read football journalism every day (where i pick up these phrases) and I was writing a match report, thus, in this case : football journalism was me.

    - I'm having at it. "How long?" you ask, I already said, as long as I bloody well please. The amount of J. Cole, F. Lampard, Chelsea, etc. suck offs I endure(d) via text and phone call are due a bit of banter. Perhaps my mistake was in thinking that it was banter, and thus inviting a response. Now I know better, you delicate little flowers.

    - Oh yes, complaining big time. I never said I was not.

    - So, is the Torres to Chelsea story relevant in our DFA? Have I successfully explained why I had the temerity to mention it? As far as not caring, that's clear to see. Imagine how many comments there would be if you lot did...

    - RIP J. Cole's career and relevancy.

    - Not sure what you would need sympathy or compassion for (especially in this instance). These aren't REAL problems (to my knowledge the white middle class have very few of those) and this isn't a REAL arguement worthy of any emotional engagement.

    Apologies and sincerity? On here? Boring.

    As for the stubborn, egotistical arrogance goes, surely that could be ratcheted up several notches (in the context of the DFA success) if you'd like, you trophy deficient no mark (See? Like that.) - but I'd prefer not to.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Should we just keep it light and go back to arguing about Blexting?

    Just my input...but I enjoyed my game against Burns. I did lose but my expectations are low so hitting the post 3 times was exciting. Good laughs by all, friendly banter, and a "good game" gesture that was simple stated behind the fun of the game...not a patronizing tone.

    I wonder what would happen if I beat Pruitt or Burns one time and said good game. I am sure I would get a half hearted reply back and some excuse about how my team is the best in the game anyway. Have some fun, this blog is getting depressing.

    We get it, everyone is competitive...just be friends and have a good time. Play with Ireland and quit bitching. Just my final thought as I will be retiring from FIFA when '12 comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Ok enough said Pruitt, but the way you ended it....

    Thanks for proving my point. Congrats. And another trophy to your "DFA success" the Prick of the year award.

    A classy write up by Braedyn. And I don't mean that in your european football journalism way

    Real class there

    ReplyDelete
  57. You couldn't see that statement was intended to prove the lack of "stubborn egotism" by showing what true egotism looks like?

    ReplyDelete
  58. Regardless of how you colored coated, the statement is still in there putting down my success in the league...

    Whether you said it, or "SAID IT"

    Kind of like insulting someone and then saying j/k or putting "no offense" before or after your statement. IT WAS STILL SAID. Come one man. Childs play

    ReplyDelete
  59. It certainly is not "child's play". Proving something doesn't exist (egotism) by demonstrating what it would look like if it did - much more effective than saying "no I'm nooootttt an egomaniac!" but, as I learned, perhaps too subtle.

    I could care less about other managers' trophy hauls. I care about making a point. Continue with the persecution complex though.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Your comment, makes you a prick. Therefore, your new trophy.

    Your egotism, although not properly represented in this post and comment section, comes from years of listening to you. I never said the comments you make in this long comment section show your egotism.

    Guess you didn't see what I DID THERE. Made a comment attacking you for something not pertaining to this in order to make me seem right or seem like I said something smart and important to support my arguments...just like someone else.

    Let's allow the others ( who are longer reading this) decide.

    Egotism: The motivation to maintain and enhance favorable views of oneself. Placing oneself at the center of one's world with NO DIRECT CONCERN FOR OTHERS.....

    Hmmmmm, I continue....

    Also closely related to narcissism...the possible tendency to speak or WRITE OF ONESELF BOASTFULLY AND AT GREAT LENGTH.

    Now, if we could only have a vote

    ReplyDelete
  61. - Your comment, demonstrates your inability to think critically and your reliance on emotional reaction to dictate behavior and speech. Sorry, don't give trophies for that.

    - As for those lovely definitions, all the bold bits (which I assume you find most relevant to this arguement) pertain to : not being concerned with others, and writing about myself at length. A bit misguided there, as this deluge of whining was prompted by me writing about Burns and Chelsea, not myself.

    Thank God I have all this cheap labor to record match facts, update spreadsheets, and maintain the schedule and tables on the blog. That way I can carry on with NO DIRECT CONCERN FOR OTHERS. Though, it seems all this personality flaw talk comes from a deeper, more personal vendetta than DFA matters.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Id rather eat Murphy's seed from Thompson's man cunt than hear the meany pants and n-lover argue anymore. Give it rest

    ReplyDelete
  63. As would I. I'm merely responding to what have now become personal attacks born out of some unknown past wrongdoing.

    Surely there no harm in naming yourself on that post, Anonymous?

    ReplyDelete
  64. - All you did here is create a paragraph designed to insult me. Well done again.

    - As for the rest of what you wrote, pay attention, Ive already stated that my remarks don't just pertain to this post as you continue to push the argument about what you wrote in this one, "writing about Burns and Chelsea, not myself". Aside from the fact that we have endured long long self sucking posts about pool and Germany, (there's some of your "writing about myself in length") IM OFF THE BLOG THIS FAR INTO OUR DEBATE/ARGUMENT. This is now about you on the mic, the phone, in life. Yes, we appreciate you being the commish and doing all the work. That being the reason why you write most of the posts on matches, NOT US. And you do it with more and more hate for certain squads. Strong hateful BIASED write ups that upset people. (no direct concern for others) Just bash and bash

    Ok, being we have this feeling on the blog now like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table ( yes I just said that. Sue me Dane cook) Everyone should know that Pruitt and I have agreed to let the blog be the blog and our non Internet life to be separate. I will still ask that son of a bitch to play FIFA and battlefield any chance possible and would glady run through the streets of key west with him drunk and looking for my sugar daddy, Phil.

    So, no one freak out

    Again, if we could have a vote, however the results would be tampered.

    ReplyDelete
  65. - Is that not what you did previously? Again, why the outrage at a bit of back and forth? All dish but no take.

    - Good. Glad we're clear. I've been up front since day one that this page is better served getting up people's noses (and it doesn't take much : see the sweary outcry over "blexting" *shudder*) and causing discussion/debate than a desolate piece of cyberspace that you all stop at to see which faceless gamertag you have to trudge through 20 minutes of FIFA with next.

    If it takes a bit of controversy to get people active on here. So be it. If it takes a few biased posts to get someone else motivated enough to write some of their own. That's brilliant, that is.

    Yes, the vibe must be a bit dark in here. Hopefully everyone knows that I do not take much seriously (especially the blog), and playing the pantomime villain from time to time is a delight.

    So please, do not take me, or anything on here seriously (Lord knows I don't). You'll live longer that way.

    ReplyDelete
  66. ...and yes, that vote would be less credible than the time the Bush brothers engineered that epic swindle down in FL.



    That was for you, Critt. *winky face*

    ReplyDelete
  67. Ahhhhhhhh (sigh)

    That was like therapy.

    All the ballots are properly accounted for. Let there be peace. Al go...I mean George w.....and the rest is history

    ReplyDelete
  68. Hoping Critt bites on the election line and we can get this baby to 100 comments.

    ReplyDelete
  69. We don't need him.

    Hey, 4th man in from the left on our GIMPDFA headbanner of players....

    Does that look like Berlett to anyone else?

    ReplyDelete
  70. I'd have to see his nut sack to make that call

    ReplyDelete
  71. That would definitely help. That face though, looks like it is made out of wood and has been pecked at already.

    And did you really need the anonymous tag? Berlett isn't here to read it and then lay his potato sack on your eyes

    ReplyDelete