
Palermo's struggles this season have been due much to the fact of being overmatched. As true as this may be, manager Chris Ingoglia, his squad, and the city of Palermo want success.
"Nobody plays the game to lose," says Ingoglia. "Defeat is something you should never accept or be comfortable with, and if you do, you're in the wrong business. I am so very proud of my boys about last night's match. It is a tremendous step forward."
Palermo visited Anfield last night and came out with a point in a 2-2 draw. In a balanced match of 52% to 48% possession (Liverpool), 11 shots a piece with 7 to 6 on target (Liverpool), the squad from Italy came back twice to achieve the result.
The manager continued on saying, "My squad was exhausted after that match. Liverpool and the history at Anfield is such a powerful team and environment especially with a manager as successful as Liam Pruitt. I told them this is the kind of effort it takes to be successful in this league."
Tactical change and the embrace of a new style of play may lead to further success for the boys in pink. "My techniques and approach as a manager has always been a very in your face, fast pace, and forceful attack with my teams in the past. However, different talent requires a different approach. We may have found that last night with an approach that involves a 5-4-1 formation and the mentality to absorb the blow and attack with a swift counter."
One can only wonder how well this philosophy (new to manager Ingoglia) will lead to future success. Enough to achieve 3 points on a more than consistent basis? Maybe not so, but it sure is a step in the right direction
Don't forget merking the off ball runners on 1-2 passes. That's the most effective "tactic" and the best part: completely unpunished.
ReplyDeletePlay rugby if you like, and celebrate draws if you so choose- I'll sit smugly in my 'pass and move' ivory tower. Footballing snobbery for the win.
ReplyDeleteHoooooooooooooooooooof
ReplyDeleteIn that game? No sir. Don't complain about past problems and rip apart what happened last night so you feel better.
ReplyDeleteThere is one thing you can complain about, and that was when Suarez got hurt. But guess what, shockingly, stuff like that happens in real life. NO WAY!
I won't complain about the fact that Suarez kicks it off my goalie and easily gets his own rebound back to head it in. It's never ever your fault when you don't win. That is really weird how that happens.
Too bad no one will grow a pair to back me up on that.
HAHAHAHAHA!! I never once in that game sent a ball in the air forward to my striker. Oh how we love to blame others but ourself.
ReplyDeleteFace it Pruitt. I put up a wall, frustrated you, and scored in similar tactical fashion.
How I would love to watch this whole game again in a room with everyone else and have you point out your nonsense
He'll play how he wants!
ReplyDeleteHe'll play how he wants!
He's ingo bingo and he'll play how he wants!
That's when Suarez got hurt you mong. Trying to work a 1-2 with downing and was then clattered into by one of your Jersey-shore thugs. Your tactics are thuggish and one dimensional. There is nothing noble about kick and rush.
ReplyDeleteNonsense? Are you or are you not runaway leader in bookings? Did you or did you not run every attack through Hernandez and the right stick?
ReplyDeleteHey I think I know where our racism is coming from.
ReplyDeleteJersey-shore thugs?
Funny how that was a slide tackle as Suarez had the ball. The real sad thing about this, is I compliment you in my post and say nothing but good things about our match and only words to promote postive feeling towards my team and you whine and bitch.
WAA WAA WAA is all I hear. Whine and bitch, whine and bitch.
Next time we draw or I win, I just right:
"Palermo fucks up bitch Liverpool!"
or
"Pool sucks hard as Palermo wins!"
Either way I'll get the same response from you....PRICK
Please do. I thought blog banter is what the masses clamber for? I'll dish and take but if some really do get precious about it then I'll sanitise this thing down to bland, ABC sitcom-like levels.
ReplyDeleteHow many bookings did I have in that game?
ReplyDeleteAnswer: 0
In the past, did you not have a stud that scored a majority of your goals?
Funny how you can score with someone multiple times, but when I do it, it's cockery.
My team rating is 78 75 73! My style is gonna be different and I'll utilize my strengths. Isn't that smart play?
If you can't hit a curveball and love the fastball, why would I ever throw you a fastball? 3 CB's, you're out and yet I'm sure you would bitch about me not throwing a FB. LEARN TO HIT A FB! (This was in no way a direct me vs pruitt in baseball. Just a metaphor).
Good game. I have no objections to your style of play. It is comparable to mine and may we always draw so no one has to taste the bitter sting of digital defeat.
ReplyDeleteSanitised for your protection.
You are right. Thumbs up from me all around.
ReplyDeleteGee, a hint of sacarasm there? My play is comparable to yours and when compared...it's different! But not in the way where I play in such a way that it is disgraceful.
ReplyDeleteYes I lead in bookings but that is not because I'm a bully. I have to take those aggressive chances because the talent on my team is not up to par with others. Many times my guys get burned in open space or when they tackle, the ball stays with the attacker because my guy's tackling skill is weak. I play according to what I have. If Wolves, Stoke, Bolton, and West Brom tried to play just like Man City, it would be a thromping. They play their way and still get slaughtered. I won't play like you because I won't be successful.
Sorry about Suarez. That is unfortunate.
Nah that's no fun.
ReplyDeleteCome on, Josè had Spurs, Wenger has Pulis, can't I rail against Palermo? I need a campaign based upon moral superiority. Every good narcissist has one.
Swansea tries...
ReplyDeleteSwansea and Norwich and pretty damn good. I'm impressed.
ReplyDelete3 observations I'd like to make:
ReplyDelete1. Ingo has always played an annoying style of play. This year is just a different type of annoying.
2. Pruitt yells a lot when losing.
3. Ian can and has eaten his own body weight (300lbs) in penis shaped twinkies
Does anyone know how to do the popcorn-eating emoticon? Need that right now...
ReplyDeleteHere it is:
ReplyDelete()
========> ------ 0-:
()
or you misspelling emoticon?
ReplyDeleteiPhone auto correct. I have my settings set to ">14 year old girl". No emoticons have ever been used. My phone is for making phone calls, googling and watching porn while in the bathroom.
ReplyDeleteAuto-Correct to a misspelling? It's not Auto-Incorrect. Am I right, people?
ReplyDelete