The DFA Fall 2020 Season - Opening Day Headlines - LFC Maul CFC 9-0, Burns Melts Down...

10 February 2012

Burns Returns Favor; Sits Down With Liam

After spending some time discussing my recent exit from the International Cup with Liam Pruitt, I decided to return the favor and play journo with the Liverpool manager.


D.B. - Another tough result for you the other night against Palermo. It seemed that you may have deserved a bit more than a point for your efforts. What can you tell your players after such a disappointing and even unfair result like that?

L.P. - There's not much to say. We created more than enough clear-cut opportunities, and should not have needed three goals to win that game. You can't put too much blame on the defense either because holding a team to three speculative efforts is a massive performance if I'm honest; it just so happened that two of them came off.

D.B. - So you're not concerned with conceding two goals to Palermo?

L.P. - No, not at all. If I'm going to concede every time my opponent shoots from there, I'll never win another game.

D.B. - After your recent draw against Palermo, its safe to assume that we may have a new champion crowned this season in the GIMP. What are initial feelings about your former club being the first team to overtake you and win the league?

L.P. - It's well-deserved, to be fair. They have certainly strengthened over the last two or three years. I wish I could say the same for Liverpool. We've done really well to stay secure in the top three, but we lack the firepower to swat aside the mid-table teams with ease the way Bayern can.

D.B. - True. You haven't gotten much help in trying to chase down Bayern at the top.

L.P. - No. It looks as though they'll go unbeaten. Whether that's down to Thompson's excellence or a latent "anybody but 'Pool again," mentality we'll never know. It's a shame Dortmund has struggled so; not only because Cushing is a class act, but because this season should have contained a cracking relegation scrap.

D.B. - With the poor quality of play we've seen at times this year it is puzzling that there isn't a three way battle to stay up. Thanks for your time. I'm sure you'll have many more (insane/off topic) questions to answer from others after this posts.

36 comments:

  1. How can I not laugh and chuckle to this post?

    Cheap shots and whining is what I read.

    I'm currently working with a guy to literally create the world's smallest violin.

    Thanks for the entertainment of unnecessary jabs. Sooooo classy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh darnit. I forgot to add "from your pedastals"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good. That's what it was for: laughs and chuckles. I hope not everything on here is meant to be serious.

    Also, what bit would you find innaccurate?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one isn't worth anymore than 20 comments. I don't want to be exhausted arguing over nothing.

    I get the jest of it. It is funny and it's something to read. I'm not upset at all about it.

    What I am upset about or basically just frustrated with is the screeching halt this league has come to. I really can't express how much I enjoy playing this game at a competitive level. I want to play 3-4 matches a week, personally.

    Ian, if you are reading this, I get that you are working an insane 60 hrs a week. I ain't mad at you but...something has to happen. I wanna play!

    As I typed that last line, I scrolled down and noticed a match was played. Nice! Let's keep in moving please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, had to push this one over 20 comments. These circle-jerk posts are better than nothing.

      Delete
  6. Classic topic change from ingo after beaten in argument.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh do explain coward, I mean David, I mean anonymous! Anonymous, please explain how I was beaten.

      Delete
  7. Ingo may not be mad at you, but I am. I thought we were beyond forfeiture threats, but it seems not.

    So, you know, consider this a forfeiture threat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Winning the league by forfeit, is it that important to you?

    70 last week Ingo and my gf was in town during the weekend. This week should be better so matches will be played. Cush and I are knocking out two tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not complaining about working 70 hours either. I know a lot of us do work crazy hours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes. That's why I'm doing it...to win the league by forfeit. Nail >>>> head.

    Or to keep the league interesting and enjoyable for everyone else in the league. A month between games is not either of those things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Classic David being rude, mean, an ass, unpleasant, or whatever other word you can find in a thesaurus.

    You need to seek help David. The word bitter is being very polite now.

    I challenge you to respond with a non sarcastic polite remark. Be a man for once, not an angry stuck up teenager

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm calling out anonymous the coward to prove how I was beaten in an arugment that never even existed.

    Please Mr. Spineless.

    Please, please, please I beg you to crawl out of your dark bitter angry hole and spread more of your hate on us and answer my question.

    Explain your brilliant logic. First define the argument by giving me simply the topic of it. I would love for you to even attempt to find that.

    Then, after you made up an argument that didn't exist, I'm so anxiously awaiting to see how I was beaten. The suspense is killing me so please hurry!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You accused Pruitt of complaining about the match. He asked you if that's not how it happened. You resp

    ReplyDelete
  14. ...responded with asking people to play games. When I don't answer one of your insane questions you flip out. He asks you a relevant question and you ignore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ignored? I responded with I'd rather not argue over nothing.

      If Pruitt challenged me to a chess match and I said that I didn't want to play, according to you, I lost.

      Your logic is flawed anonymous, I mean David.

      You see, the fact is, I could very well have my own complaints about his goals scored against me but, well...some of us choose not to do such things.

      Delete
  15. Also, I didn't accuse. I stated fact. If I rape your dog and you complain about it, it doesn't change whether it's true or false.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whether his goals are questionable or not he took more than 3 shots.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Blog that actually has new posts to read > most "choosing not to do such things."

    People disagreeing > people forgetting the blog even exists.

    Playing matches > Ian.

    ReplyDelete
  18. GUY GUYS GUYS! I won a match that didn't matter. ONE WIN STREAK, CUSHING'S ON FIRE, Y'ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Scored 5 v Ian too. Nicely done.

    Now about that 0-4 merking in the league.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Look, I really can't help the Cushing 4-Goal Guarantee. My word is my bond.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Convincing with bayern but quite the opposite when he doesn't have a team of 85-87's I see.

    *sits back and waits for blog implosion*

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh snap! 58 comments on there way!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i'll add that i think the delay in matches played is all so henry will be gone by the time i play certain ppl..

    *hopefully fanning the fire*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More like throwing a little gasoline on it

      Delete
  24. I can't see anything happening actually. The only two (mostly one) people that over react about stupid shit (normally not concerning them) have written the last two comments. So, unless ingo is going to suddenly interpret your last sentence as an insult to him (not out of the realm of possibilities) I think we'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Replies
    1. You two are like a dirty Abbott and Costello.

      Nicely done

      Delete
  26. So... Unfunny Italian hacks?

    Shame that you didn't play with AC this season. Not only would you have cocked a handful of wins from the big three but we could've had a hilarious discussion today about how shit arsenal is.

    ReplyDelete
  27. "who's on first?" is the most creative and artistically bankrupt but ever to make money. Hacks.

    ReplyDelete