The DFA Fall 2020 Season - Opening Day Headlines - LFC Maul CFC 9-0, Burns Melts Down...

05 June 2012

Extended Int'l Summer Tourney Format

Herein lies the official ballot for the DFA Summer International Tournament.

Vote 1: Format:

Option A

One large group stage to determine seeding for second, smaller two-group stage. Followed by semifinals, then the final.

Option B

One large group stage, top four advance to knockout rounds.

Option C

One large group stage to determine seeding for knockout rounds.


Vote 2: Number of group matches
(If you voted for Format Option 1, please vote for each group stage)
a.) 2
b.) 3
c.) 4


Vote 3: Number of semifinal legs

a.) 1
b.) 2


Vote 4: Number of final legs

a.) 1
b.) 2

13 comments:

  1. Option A

    A (I'd like more games, given the likelihood of me losing quickly, but playing 2 matches per stage seems like it would make more sense)
    A
    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is everyone just using their normal teams? It's be cool to mix it up and play with a different team for this but don't want to give someone the ability to snipe France next season?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm playing with the team that I follow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spain or Argentina? No, wait! Brazil!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe the opposite. Maybe he's trying to prove he doesn't need the highest rated team to win the thing like last time.

      Delete
  5. Option A

    Then: A, B, A

    I'm playing with a team that I barely follow but have similar blood as the players on the pitch...and I do root for them: The match fixing Italians

    ReplyDelete
  6. So that's 5 votes for Format A - Passed

    5 votes for 2 games in the "qualifiers" (and I'll assume the main group stage as well) - Passed

    4 votes for a two-legged semi final - Passed

    5 votes for a one-legged final - Passed


    ...and one accusation of glory-hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh he's glory hunting all right

    ReplyDelete