I'm all for starting as soon as possible. I suppose I'll play with Napoli, unless there is no strenuous objection to me remaining with Dortmund. If it won't affect the integrity of the league too much, I'd like to stick with them through what I'm guessing will be an abbreviated season before FIFA 13. No doubt I will finish bottom of the table once again, and will happily endure my relegation penalty.
I think I can be ok with Cush being Dortmund again. However, if he doesn't finish last this summer season, he still switches for FIFA 13. Maybe we'll have 2 teams have to switch
How are we going to deal with player movement? Players are changing teams this summer and let's be honest, there's only 2 of us that follow it closely enough to police everyone else.
1 pouty pants not playing (anyone fancy an over rated, free spending, gang of mercs? They're available) - which, in turn, settles the potential transfer window cheating.
In the spirit of Euro 2012, why not do a proper international tournament? We can do a "qualification" round to determine seeding and then the tournament. Wouldn't have to worry about transfers and we could get to play more with the national teams.
Wow. Can't believe I'm saying this but, "That is a splendid idea David."
The only thing is that I can see us finishing that up by mid July. Then what, play another tournament.
Maybe we can make something up. Call it the GIMP summer session. After a national tournament, we do a tournament with our teams or a mini season of just 10 games.
Just yammering out some thoughts but I like the idea of going along with what is currently happening, the EURO 2012
I like the Int'l idea and possibly using lower tier teams for a summer session- either for both Int'l and league.. For example, I would look at a team like Marseilles and Scotland or something like that.. Haven't looked through the Int'l selections thoroughly but I'd imagine we could find 6 that fit.
I'm all for starting as soon as possible. I suppose I'll play with Napoli, unless there is no strenuous objection to me remaining with Dortmund. If it won't affect the integrity of the league too much, I'd like to stick with them through what I'm guessing will be an abbreviated season before FIFA 13. No doubt I will finish bottom of the table once again, and will happily endure my relegation penalty.
ReplyDeleteOr I can just play as Napoli.
ASAP.
ReplyDeleteI think I can be ok with Cush being Dortmund again. However, if he doesn't finish last this summer season, he still switches for FIFA 13. Maybe we'll have 2 teams have to switch
How are we going to deal with player movement? Players are changing teams this summer and let's be honest, there's only 2 of us that follow it closely enough to police everyone else.
ReplyDeleteWhich two? Because according to you Hazard has already scored twice for the Blues
DeleteTwo options:
ReplyDelete1. Wait until end of window roster update
Or
2. Player only is available for a club after being unveiled by the club ABD listed on official website roster.
And while we're ironically "being honest", there's only one manager who will try to play with Hulk, Hazard, and Marin based solely on twitter rumours.
I'm not trying to play
ReplyDeleteSo that's 2 votes for as soon as possible.
ReplyDelete1 pouty pants not playing (anyone fancy an over rated, free spending, gang of mercs? They're available) - which, in turn, settles the potential transfer window cheating.
Carry on with the debate, lads.
In the spirit of Euro 2012, why not do a proper international tournament? We can do a "qualification" round to determine seeding and then the tournament. Wouldn't have to worry about transfers and we could get to play more with the national teams.
ReplyDeleteWow. Can't believe I'm saying this but, "That is a splendid idea David."
ReplyDeleteThe only thing is that I can see us finishing that up by mid July. Then what, play another tournament.
Maybe we can make something up. Call it the GIMP summer session. After a national tournament, we do a tournament with our teams or a mini season of just 10 games.
Just yammering out some thoughts but I like the idea of going along with what is currently happening, the EURO 2012
I can assure you we won't be finishing by early July. Unless Tindle announces his retirement. Other wise we'll be lucky to finish by August.
ReplyDeleteI like the Int'l idea and possibly using lower tier teams for a summer session- either for both Int'l and league.. For example, I would look at a team like Marseilles and Scotland or something like that.. Haven't looked through the Int'l selections thoroughly but I'd imagine we could find 6 that fit.
ReplyDeleteInternational tournament would be fun. I'm down for whatever.
ReplyDeleteAs am I.
ReplyDeleteIt appears the International tournament idea is the majority favourite. So, let us carry on in that vein and discuss extended format.
ReplyDeleteMy idea:
First Round: 6 (or however many participants) Nation group stage. Everyone plays each other twice. Will determine seeding.
1st, 3rd, & 6th will be placed in group A, 2nd, 4th, & 5th in group B.
Second Round: Two groups, teams play twice within their individual group. Top two Nations move on to semifinals.
Third Round: 1st from group A plays 2nd from group B, vice versa.
Final Round: Winner of each semi final play each other.
Open to tweaks/overhaul: two-legged semifinals, one large group stage, more than two matches, top 4 advance, etc.
Discuss.
Looks good. Lock it up!
ReplyDeleteSee new post for official ballot.
ReplyDelete