The DFA Fall 2020 Season - Opening Day Headlines - LFC Maul CFC 9-0, Burns Melts Down...

01 August 2012

Night of Surprises

It was a good night for the underdog, as two surprising results brought the first half of qualifying to a close...

Point-Proven for Basement Holland

In the early match, a previously "point-less" Holland held on for a draw against high-flyers England. Klaas Huntelaar gave the Oranje a first half lead, leaving Daniel Sturridge to claw back a point for the Three Lions.

The draw leaves England in second, only three points ahead of Italy and Ireland, both of which have a game in hand.


Favourites Fall in Fatherland

The late match provided another surprise, as holders and favourites, France faultered against former powerhouse, Germany 3 - 1. German gaffer, Prüitt, was understandably pleased saying:

"We were fortunate to get the first goal. That put us in a strong position tactically. Perhaps we could have closed down Samir [Nasri]'s finessed finish a bit better; we should know who has that kind of threat from distance. Our response to the goal, and Marko [Marin]'s two assist cameo, was brilliant."

The win puts Germany five points clear at the top, and leaves the stumbling title holders in fifth. It may be too early to draw conclusions from France's performances thus far; but it appears the favourites tag my wear a bit heavily on les bleus.

75 comments:

  1. Good match between Cushing and I. I'm a bit disapointed to have only converted 1 of my 12 shots on target from inside the area. That being said, I'm lucky that only one of his four went in. Robert Green failed to hold any of his 3 saves and the Dutch could've easily tapped one in.

    The most talented squad in the gimp frustrated yet again? The tournament favorites seem to be in shambles right now. Perhaps they should stop hoofing the ball in from all angles and distances and get back to what got them a trophy last year. Sprint, sprint and sprint some more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As expected, David Burns strikes again with more negative comments to a match he didn't watch.

    Let me provide his rebuttle right now:

    "Screw you Ingo! I talked with Pruitt and he said exactly that about Tindle (no bias there I'm sure). I also listened to the match in an XBOX Live party. We all know that is how Tindle plays so F you to say I'm not right! I know what happened with certainty and you're a pussy!"

    Can't change that personality I guess.

    Anyways, it says England up 3 pts and Italy have game in hand, yet the schedule shows Italy playing England next. This puts the total games played at:

    England - 7
    Italy - 6

    *Confused

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. * as am I. What's the question?

      Delete
    2. I guess I need to be reminded the breakdown of our format.

      Let's start with, how many games will everyone play before we move on to the next phase?

      Delete
    3. Got it. Makes sense. My bad

      Delete
  3. Yes I'm way off...

    I haven't played Tindle or heard from ian and Pruitt following their matches with the hoof master.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What planet do you live on where you don't think Tindle plays like a c**t? Over the past year he has shown that he is the most desperate to win matches. He does whatever it takes to get a result. I like the "go getter" attitude but at what cost? The hilarious 4-2-4 formations with guys out of position. Dropping the premier leagues top scorer to the midfield to add speed to his front 3.

    Again... I'm way off

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa whoa! Take it easy. You know we can't discus FIFA tactics, good or bad, on this FIFA blog.

      - An Italian

      Delete
  5. I guess we can agree to disagree. One mans "cock play" is another's treasure I suppose.

    One thing we can agree on is that he is underperforming with his juiced up squad of glitch hounds. You would expect much more from the current holders/favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, let's just agree to disagree.

      4-2-4 is pretty nuts though.

      Thinking outside the box perhaps? I don't know. I'd feel exposed...like I did with just 3 men back

      Delete
    2. Oh it's outside of the box alright.

      Delete
    3. Let's see if we can talk tactics on here:

      It certainly makes for an end to end match. Placing two men in midfield is as obvious a warning you can get that the ball is headed forward/wide/both at the earliest opportunity.

      The "outside 4's" were playing as separate units, with WB's reluctant to aid in attack and WF's not tracking back.

      The midfield 2 sat primarily in front of defence, alternating between hassling the ball carrier and launching counter attacks with long passes to the FW/WF's.

      My midfield 3 were wasted in defence for long periods, as the ball was never near them, but their presence alone was enough to rule out narrow attack and render wing play the only option.

      Whether any of this was by design, however, is EA's guess.

      Delete
  6. He should play with a left and right back. No center backs, two more wing backs, two holding midfielders, two central attacking midfielders and two strikers.

    @. @
    @. @
    @@
    @@
    @@

    Cock formation

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, let's talk about management for a second then. Take a look one time at the France default squad. I realize that my tactics are unorthodox but that is what you have to do to gain an edge. If I play with a standard squad with normal tactics, I will not beat Pruitt as he is simply a better FIFA player than I am. You get to a point where rolling over year after year is no longer fun (Cush, you'll get there soon). Like it or not, I would argue that the drastic changes I've made are a testament to the value add of my management.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And why don't I give a taste of your own medicine by complaining about how Neuer was motm with a perfect 10 rating. Pruitt has no control over him yet he was the best player, etc etc.

    Before you go off, I certainly don't think Neuer deserved a 10 rating (he did have some excellent saves), but I do want to highlight the hypocrisy here as well as the fundamental problem the game has with player ratings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and the fact that Mexes was man of the match on my screen.

      Delete
    2. So we can all agree that FIFA is F'd up when it comes to MOTM awards and player ratings.

      This should end all discussions, bitching, whining, moaning, and complaints about these statistics...BUFFON INCLUDED.

      FIFA SUCKS! We all know it.

      Delete
  9. Someone's awfully desperate win a video game...

    What ever it takes right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your default roster is also super strong. Strongest in the gimp actually

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Opinion or fact? Germany has an extremely strong roster...I would argue the strongest.

      Delete
    2. Fact. I crunched the numbers.

      Delete
    3. I used to crunch numbers with Skippy for dog racing in daytona. Thought we had a system

      They didn't add up.

      We lost a lot but Swint and I enjoyed the beer

      Delete
  11. Opinion...

    A fact would sound something like this.

    "the roster that France has submitted to use in this tournament is ranked the highest by the video game that we play."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that you're confused on what the difference between opinion and fact is.

      Delete
  12. You "arguing" that they are the strongest is an opinion that can be disproven with facts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's correct, but, if no facts are presented I am entitled to ask if you are stating your opinion or show the facts that you are basing your argument on.

    Provide the facts...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone just go on tonight and see the numbers for ATT MID & DEF.

      I can't. I'll be watching Tindle's brother in law pitch.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Ingo. You have provided an excellent solution that I'm sure none of us have ever thought of.

      My point is that they have already done it...let us know the results.

      Delete
    3. RESULTS! RESULTS!

      No insults

      JUST RESULTS!

      Delete
  14. Pruitt and I have done it. We had to do it because we are the only two that drastically changed our squads. If you do England, wazza, rio and others will inflate it. We will provide you with numbers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm confused, why are you talking about the adjustments that you made to your squads? You started this by saying that France's roster is the "strongest in the GIMP."

      Delete
    2. France's default* roster

      Delete
    3. I'm saying that if you call England or Germany's on you Xbox it will be different than what we play with. France uses the default

      Delete
    4. "Your default roster is also super strong. Strongest in the gimp actually"

      Key word being "default"

      Delete
  15. Careful not to confuse your opinion of the real life squads with EA's.

    Reality has no bearing in this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think we can all agree that Holland has the whitest - thus, the weakest - roster in the tournament. So super serial, you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I thought it was said that France has the strongest default roster.

    Ignoring FIFA's underrated or overrated numbers (which is all opinion anyways) the ratings say what?

    Who has the strongest default roster?

    I would like to see, better yet, I think Ian would like to see this:

    Germany ATT # MID # DEF #
    England ATT # MID # DEF #
    France ATT # MID # DEF #

    Still waiting on those numbers. I see a lot of backtracking or dancing around this. Let's see some numbers...and possibly some egg on some people's face

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be a quick response seeing that the results have already been calculated.

      Delete
    2. I'd actually like a player by player analysis...

      Delete
  18. Well, I took it upon myself to find these numbers and they are as follows:

    DEFAULT ROSTER RATINGS:

    England: ATT 83, MID 83, DEF 84

    France: ATT 83, MID 82, DEF 82

    Germany: ATT 83, MID 82, DEF 81

    So, whether you agree with them or not, England has the strongest default roster, then France, then Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yeah ingo,let my fire up my Xbox at work... Jackass.

    Also, France's default is the same being used in the gimp. England, Italy and Germany aren't. How is the fair to compare defaults if we all aren't using defaults?

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's not the argument ingo. I dont use the default roster.

    ReplyDelete
  21. And for the record, here is the rest of the league:

    Italy: ATT 81, MID 81, DEF 81

    Irleand: ATT 76, MID 75, DEF 72

    Dutch: ATT 83, MID 81, DEF 77

    ReplyDelete
  22. You apparently have a computer with this program called GOOGLE.

    That's how I got the numbers.

    Thank you for calling me jackass. You stand corrected

    ReplyDelete
  23. David, calm down. We are simply saying that your comment:

    "Your default roster is also super strong. Strongest in the gimp actually"

    He does not have the strongest default roster.

    Did we misread something?

    ReplyDelete
  24. The stats will be posted at (or around) 9:45. I'm at work until then.

    Or you may crunch the numbers yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I used "default roster" because Tindle was complaining about the strength of his squad in reference to his shitty style of play. I then commented because his "default" roster that he is playing with us the highest ranked in the gimp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was making it seem as if his "default" squad is holding him back and that if he actually took the time to move players on and off the squad he'd be able to play a better style. My point is, your "default" squad isn't shit and is in fact the strongest in the league among all of our submitted rosters.

      Clear now?

      Delete
  26. Time to watching DJ Donnie pitch.

    Bye

    ReplyDelete
  27. My England is 81/81/82... So what part of me seeing Tindle has the highest rated isn't correct.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hands down the worst goal keeper by the way. The one position that really matters

      Delete
    2. I just wanted everyone to see how shit Ireland is

      Mission accomplished.

      Delete
    3. And you managed to distract everyone from the point that Tindle was complaint about having to use a default roster even though that default roster puts him tops in the league. Thank you for confusing everyone to suit your own agenda.

      Delete
  28. Whoa...Tindle is complaining about his team?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Average player rating:

    FRA: 82.2
    GER: 81.6
    ITA: 81.3
    ENG: 79.4
    NED: 79.2
    IRE: 73.8

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am not using a default roster. I was trying to point out how I changed my roster from the default as an example of value-add in management.

    ReplyDelete
  31. more like "cock-add in management"

    amirite?

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'd like to take a few hours and go back to win the blog started and tally up the topics of all articles and major comment threads. My predictions:

    1. Tindle is a cock player
    2. Me complaining about others not playing
    3. Ingo making insane comments about nothing
    4. Pruitt winning something
    5. Ingo posting pictures having nothing to do with league

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "...back to win the blog started."

      "win the blog started"

      win

      WIN

      "WIN the blog started"

      :uhoh:

      Delete
    2. My bad. An iPhone type-o. I meant when the blog started.

      Delete
    3. The reason behind this comment is....

      ??

      Do explain please

      I think you forget to add
      - David bitching (among others)

      Of course, it's not like your comment was biased (sarcasm)

      Delete
    4. That was meant to be in response to your out of nowhere list which is just another way for you to stir the pot and create anomosity within the league and blog.

      Delete
  33. Do you even read what I write. Number two is me complaining.

    How is this stirring the pot any more? There are 50 comments above discussing tindle's cockiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't whine or complain when I lose to some one who plays football not fifa

      Delete
    2. The only person you don't complain about is Pruitt, because he owns your ass.

      On the other hand, he complains when losing to you. Remember my "among others"

      Delete
  34. Would rather I write an article about how you dropped points because you some how managed to press "call the keeper" "call second defender" and sprint buttons at the same time to bring down Barry in box with 3 different players at once?

    ReplyDelete