The DFA Fall 2020 Season - Opening Day Headlines - LFC Maul CFC 9-0, Burns Melts Down...

18 January 2010

Greek Hangs It Up

One of the original founders of the GIMP Digital Football Association, Louis Michaelos, has announced tonight that he will unfortunately not be able to finish out the 09/10 season. Louis Michaelos' heavy work load at med school, an lack of Xbox, will be the downfall to what looked like a very successful season for the Greek manager.

The manager was very upset as he broke the news to Chelsea Manager, David Burns, over the phone on Monday. "Because of my schedule I will not be able to continue this season in the GIMP. My second semester at Med School is going to be very time consuming and I'd rather not hold the league back anymore because of my academic commitments. I wanted to play the majority of my matches of Christmas break but it didn't work out. Its a shame because I was very excited about the league this year but I thought it would have been well over by this semester."

Michaelos leaves with his team currently in 3rd in the league and the Greeks top of the group B table.

"The hardest thing about leaving is knowing that the Greeks won't have a chance to finish what they started. Gekas was playing as well as anyone and the Greeks were dominated the much more talented squads in the group."

Michaelos isn't giving up on the prospects of one day returning to managing the GIMP. "Hopefully the Greeks will be back this summer. I'll have time to give my full attention to the league. I look forward to the day when the GIMP runs red with the blood of a thousands slaughtered goats."

2 comments:

  1. Man. I would have never thought that this could have happened. The Greek has always been stand up and on time with his commitments so this comes as a huge shock. For him to quit it must have been really serious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, ABC ritt. I for one am absolutely flabbergasted! I never saw this coming! Check my pants for poopy-pellets, as I may have jettisoned some in my state of shock.

    ReplyDelete