Depite horrific start, Bayern Munchen look confident to end a streak of five games that has seen them collect only one point.
Bayern manager Ian Thompson sees the light at the end of the tunnel coming up in tonight's Champions Cup match against rivals AC Roma.
"Roma are struggling like we are struggling right now. They are failing to gather goals with a squad that isn't getting any younger. We are still a rather young squad with too much talent to be playing like we have been. There's not much in their squad [Roma] that frightens me, I just don't see Totti beating us all by himself like he used to."
Both Roma and Bayern have failed to accumulate a single point from two Champions Cup matches and in spite of this fact Thompson is not worried.
"I liked what I saw from the training pitch this week. The boys are loose and ready for what certainly will be a battle this evening."
The Bayern gaffer also hinted at a change in formation to a simple 4-4-2.
"We're going back to the basics. Back to what made us successful in the past even before I was here. We're going to run someone alongside Miro [Miroslav Klose] to provide support which will hopefully lead to better scoring opportunities. I'm not sure who it will be yet Mario [Gomez], [Ivica] Olic, or young Thomas Muller will all be given an opportunity this year. As for tonight I'm going to sit down with my coaching staff and discuss it."
Thompson reached out to an old mentor and former Bayern Munchen manager Braedyn "Liam" Pruitt for some guidance out of the hole that Bayern has dug themselves in to.
"When I was speaking with Liam he reminded me to 'keep it simple' which was something that we were getting away from. He told me that I should take a step back before trying to run forward. Go back to the simple, organized game that makes German clubs so formidable."
Thompson has also received support from an unlikely source, Chelsea skipper David Burns. Sir Burns has come out in the news backing a potential Bayern return to glory.
"It was a bit of a shock," Thompson said, "I certainly didn't expect that kind of support to come from a bitter rival like David. It was refreshing to receive the support and it was top-class of him to do so."

One of the worst things ever published on here. Where's Ingo when we need him?
ReplyDeleteYou know what frightens me? The up and tuck
ReplyDeleteDont wanna go home!
ReplyDeleteDon't wanna go home!
This is the best trip, I've ever been on!
Up and tuck frightens all. From P to D.
ReplyDeleteDont wanna go home!
ReplyDeleteDon't wanna go ho-o-ome!
This is the best d**k, Critt's ever sat on!