The DFA Fall 2020 Season - Opening Day Headlines - LFC Maul CFC 9-0, Burns Melts Down...

08 December 2010

Cock goals = Cock whining

The following could have been written as a comment under DavidWade's most recent post. However, after letting time pass by and given not everyone follows the comments section very closely, I want all managers to read this.

The first half, which is less important, is the expression of my thoughts towards manager David Burns' post. I apologize David for doing it this way in a post rather than a comment, but part of what I am saying is using you as an example to an issue that I wish to address to everyone.

First of all, David, your post is one that I completely disagree with. Tindle nailed it on the head when he questioned you calling him whiny. Seriously? You wrote the blog. You are the one doing all the complaining. You started it. Come on man.

Next, I find it very amusing that you complain of Malouda bullying people as he is, which you stated, a member of your club, Chelsea. Love how you put things in there like, "running in a straight line." Come on man. You failed at defending. Running in a straight line is a slap in the face to your defensive skills. I also want to point out that you complained about being "constantly fouled in the midfield." Guess what? Check the match facts. Fouls were 5-5. Come on man.

Then, why is that 90% of your posts are immediately followed by a comment by you? On top of that, 7 out of 11 comments are from you with 4 in row coming from you as well. To comment immdiately after you post is ridiculous. Write the post, let people make their judgments and comments and then come back to it. When commenting, you comment like a child throwing a tantrum on the keyboard. Come on man. Calm down. Gather all your thoughts and construct your post, construct your comment, and be done. 7 out of 11!! It's like a one way argument with yourself. Come on man.

That's all I have to say that attacks your personality and approach to your writing and comments. Now, I want to address why the post and information itself is useless. This is where I am just using you as an example and am really reaching out to all managers to take notice to these remarks.

First of all, you highlighted the total shots which was 17-7. This means ABSOLUTELY nothing. To further prove my point, I will use 3 other sports (baseball, basketball, and "american" football) as examples for each of these subjects: opportunites, chances, and possession. Here's the deal. ANYONE can take shot. Anyone can hit the shoot button. A shot is merely an OPPORTUNITY for a CHANCE to score a goal. Because you have more shots, does not entitle you to a win.

Baseball - Does the team with the most at bats always win the game?
Basketball - Does the team with the most FG attempts always win the game?
Football - Does the team with the most rush attempts or pass attempts always win the game?

The answer to all 3 of these questions is a simple "NO."

If you wanted to point out a stat that could give some argument, that stat would be "shots on target." A shot on target creates a chance. However, this greatly dimishes your "domination" to half, going from outdoing Tindle in something by 10 (17-7) down to 5 (11-6). Yet, even given that, more shots on target doesn't give you any purpose to complain about losing.

Baseball - Does the team with the most hits or runners in scoring position always win?
Basketball - Does the team with the higher FG% always win?
Football - Does the team with the most offensive yds or trips to the redzone always win?

Again, the answer to all of these questions is "NO." By a long shot too.

Finally, to all who complain about how you should have won because you had a higher possession percentage...THAT MEANS NOTHING.

Baseball - Doesn't apply
Basketball - Does the team with the highest time of possession always win?
Football - Does the team with the highest time of possession always win?

NO.

The only thing that matters, ONLY THING, is what one does with those OPPORTUNTIES that they turn into CHANCES and create GOALS, RUNS, POINTS, AND TOUCHDOWNS.

The fact of the matter is, Tindle had 7 shots with 6 on target. He put 2 in and you and you had this misfortune of putting in an own goal. Look, we all hate losing. I actually like it that you take such offense to it and that you take this league seriously enough to blog as much as you do and put in the effort that you do. But, you lost 3-1 to France and that's that. You lost fair and square which leads me to the final topic and most important....

COCK GOALS

The complaining on this has got to stop! All of us! As the veterans in the league know, I myself used to be the bully of the pitch. The one getting the bounces (i.e. Ingo Bingo bounce). I used to not complain. My recent yrs have been abysmal and I would blame everything. Now I see, which I want everyone to see, is that WE ALL SCORE COCK GOALS and WE ALL HAVE THEM HAPPEN TO US! Don't forget that you are playing a VIDEO GAME, filled with mishaps, errors, glitches, pure chance, and pure luck. Here are some examples in life....REAL LIFE!

In 2009, a qualifying match for the 2010 World Cup between France and Ireland took place. A crucial goal that determined the winner to move on to play in the World Cup was awarded to Thiery Henry who used his HAND along with 2 players playing the ball offside before that. Guess who went on to the World Cup...FRANCE!

Everyone imagine for a minute if this happened to you or anyone else in our GIMP league. You would be outraged and blame FIFA 11 for being cock and curse out your opponent. Sad to say though, this stuff happens in REAL LIFE. Now, this unfortunate mishap is very much worth the argument. The point I'm trying to make here is that shit happens. Anyone of us though, has the right to complain about this in a proper manner.

A different example proves my point exactly on why EVERYONE needs to shut up with the whining and complaining of cock goals.

2010 World cup match - A slow rolling ball heads towards the hands of the keeper and slips through the 5 hole and goes into the net....ROBERT GREEN. TELL ME THIS! Was Robert able to blame a glitch? Was Robert able to say that it was COCK and that the goal shouldn't count? What about the fans, his teammates, his coach. NOTHING can change it. It was a mishap, an error, an unfortunate goal and guess what...IT HAPPENED IN REAL LIFE.

The point is, own goals, cock goals, and any other bullshit play that happens on the pitch, happens everyday in real football in real life. You will lose to unfortunate goals and bad play. You will also win games in similar fashion. The video game FIFA 11 is NOT perfect. It is NOT flawless. It can be unfair. Life is NOT perfect, or flawless, and can be unfair. So, ironically enough, FIFA's imperfections in fact make the game......PERFECT. Get over it everyone! No more bitching about cock goals.

To he who has not scored a cock goal, let him cast the first "negative comment"

Sincerely,
The Italian

27 comments:

  1. Did you take the time to review the goal in question? The ball freezes at one point behind malouda.

    Should I flip out and send vulgar and threatening texts to you after this?

    Let me pose this question to you and others...
    If we were in a Madden league and Pruitt and I (who dont watch football) picked two teams at random based on ratings. We then took our fastest wide receiver put him at quarterback and beat you by running around in circles with him and then bombing passes to the second faster player on our team who's real position is a safety. Would that make you, a dolphins and football fan, mad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you also understand that the games in real life aren't being officiated by a computer system that has all the rules and situations programmed into it. This human error thing doesn't exist in a video game Ingo. Why do think offside calls are correct to the inch on FIFA 11 but can be missed by a human by a yard In real life. It's not real life and all these outside influences you're talking about shouldnt effect the game

    ReplyDelete
  3. As expected, you made the first comment and a negative one indeed. Fastest WR at QB and running in circles to pass to a safety? That's like saying Tindle's goalie sprinted down the field and did a backwards lob pass from midfield into the net. You are not even close David. Yes that would make me mad if you did all that. It is COMPLETELY different.

    I will admit that I did not watch that goal. Having said that, he still wins 2-1.

    Pruitt, remember my goalie running around the ball and walking behind it into the net! Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you learn nothing from my post? You did it again commenting like a madman. IT'S A VIDEO GAME DAVID! Shit happens to all of us. ALL OF US!

    You still lose 2-1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed. Perhaps "Cock goal" isn't the appropriate term to use(primarily because it's an asinine term created and perpetuated by two madmen).

    Match "reviews" like the one posted below should now avoid such agitated language (at least mine will from now on).

    However, I will call things the way I see them. Teams that play in a style reminiscent of Stoke City and/or Blackburn will receive similar treatment as they do in the real life media. Teams that play composed, and patient build-up through the middle will receive the appropriate plaudits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Regarless, Stoke City and Blackburn do win games. It is a tatic frowned upon but nevertheless, A TATIC. These teams win in real life and therefore that style can win in our league as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you saw any of the goals you'd say I win 1-0.

    There is a large portion of the league that play people out of position or players they've never heard of on their national teams.

    How would you react if in our "madden league", Pruitt is playing with a juiced up team he doesnt care about and because of his CPU controlled players he's beating you in the 3rd quarter. He then he asks mid game "can I get this manning guy out of here? He sucks" or he says "who's this Peterson guy?" (as he's running over your players).

    Do you see where the frustration stems from?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The last comment was posted by me...

    Yes Fat Sam uses those tactics. The problem here is no one in the league is trying to do that. It's an accident.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Before Burns or someone else makes an immature comment on my mispelling....."TACTIC"

    Now I'm commenting like a child

    ReplyDelete
  10. People do it all the time in MADDEN!! Michael Vick is a glitch player in the game. People throw up hailmary passes and make the catch all the time bc of an overrated WR. Trust me David, you have no idea what you are talking about. Ask Tindle or Murph, when you play madden football, you have to change the game and play MADDEN FOOTBALL. Video game junkies win in madden. Not football junkies.

    There is no argument there to support you. Don't use madden anymore

    ReplyDelete
  11. So I comment... You respond... I reply?

    Isn't that how it works jackass. I'm supposed to comment and then let you reply and then wait 24 hrs for my reply? That's now how conversations work. I don't ask you a question in person here or answer and then just stare at you until someone else walks up and says something.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dammit here's my back to back comment. "If I saw the goals I'd say 1-0?"

    Stop it man. You lost. I don't care about the own goal. That stuff happens. That's one right there. So at best 1-1. You didn't post a 3rd goal so I'm going with 2-1. YOU LOST!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The word tactis shouldnt be getting thrown around in reference to 2/10s of the managers here. Maybe Ian can get thrown in and you too. No one else has a plan and that's fine! Just don't say that they're using Blackburn-like tactics because they're not. It's just shitty play

    ReplyDelete
  14. Relax man. You are very quick right with the comments that this is actually going very smoothly. Comment, respond, comment, respond. I get annoyed when you have 4 in a row

    ReplyDelete
  15. After you last comment, I'm done. You know more about football and everything about Chelsea and the EPL. You play the game absolutely right. Therefore, in our video game GIMP league, you should never ever ever ever lose to 6 and possibly 8 managers.

    It's like playing mortal kombat against noob who beats you with one move. Frustrating? YES! But guess what? You can do it too. Leave everything you know at the door and play the VIDEO GAME. VIDEO GAME!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, Ingo, those clubs do employ those tactics. Anyone in the league can/and will do the same if they wish.

    However, those clubs are rightly viewed as being less-skilled, miserable to watch, anti-footballing teams with a small-time mentality.

    They will be depicted the same way on this page as they are in the real sports media.

    ReplyDelete
  17. All Wenger does is bitch about the likes of Pulis. One would think a fan of the gunners would try to emulate the playing style of arsenal instead of buying into the long ball tactics of Stoke

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, if losing to poor tactical play happens, and you are upset because you played real football and the opponent played sloppy hoof ball, and the media in real life along with teams, coaches, and fans, actually complain about it, then I guess it is appropriate for managers to do the same in the GIMP. However, I am dead on point with the approach to say you should have won bc of match facts because to proper playing teams in any sport can face off and the dominating team in the "match facts" will not always win.

    I will again repeat, directly to David Burns and Braedyn Pruitt, and I'm sorry that it works this way, but you are playing a video game. Aside from my post about how much it is like real life with mishaps and errors. In the same way, it very much different then real life. Knowledge of the game may give you an edge. However, knowledge of the FIFA 11 video game (and the details in gameplay involved) gives a player an even greater edge.

    Pruitt, just look at how we get our ass whooped in online play. Remember hockey too? Ever play a baseball game online? The pitcher never throws a strike.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fan of Arsenal? Tactics of Stoke? Stop David. I think I speak for Tindle (and hope I do correctly) in saying that he doesn't sit there and watch how Arsenal plays on TV so that he can emulate how to do it in a video game. When he grabs the controller, he plays the VIDEO game. He may emulate roster moves or occasionally attempt Arsenal's style in a GIMP match but when it comes down to it, he will do what it takes to win. He will do what feels comfortable and seems to work in his advantage

    ReplyDelete
  20. I will admit without hesitation that I know maybe 5% of what you know about the sport of football. I, as of late, have been working on slowing things down and trying work the midfield and create "proper" play. But, when it comes down to it, sometimes that doesn't work for me. And I try other methods. These methods sometimes include trying my hand at chance and luck. Seeing if I can catch you offguard with something ridiculous in hopes that it succeeds. Or I go back to pushing forward...fast. I'm not gonna bang my head against a wall. If my opponent is stopping my "proper" play, and by halftime I have made no progress, time for something else

    ReplyDelete
  21. Why can't I right post voicing my opinion about losing a game that I shouldve won. He had the higher rated team, he got the lucky bounces but I played right and better than him that game.

    Why I am I not allowed to say that I think that there was something wrong with the way the game turned out. Should I applaud him for winning in a distaceful and shitty way?

    I didn't realize this website was registered in communist China.

    ReplyDelete
  22. "The Italian" 's comment at 12:09 is the funniest unintentional (I think) slam ever seen on the blog to date.

    ReplyDelete
  23. From now on, everyone must post their goals to the blog. Pruitt and burns will use their far superior soccer intellect to decide which goals to disallow, then a winner will be selected.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I agree with Pruitt.

    Bravo Ingo... Bravo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Don't drag me into the condescention, Tindle. I've said nothing about "soccer intellect".

    I've only commented on media (and my own)perception of different playing styles.

    I have not attributed any style to any manager either.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey, I don't score cock goals. Or any other kind of goals.

    Except my goal against Burns, which was utter cock. And I'm really quite proud of it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. When I score goals, I just hold the right bumper and press B lightly

    ReplyDelete