"France pulled off what many will consider the upset of the GIMP International Tournament on Monday night."
England manager, David Burns, forgets all about his opening day 2-0 loss to a lesser Cameroonian side under the guide of a debutant manager.
"Despite being[sic] constantly getting fouled in the midfield..."
David Burns ignores the match facts he posted - the ones noting 5 fouls against both France and England.
"Don-2 Tindle-0"
Tucker Donahue joins Burns in sticking the boot in.
"Well, if losing to poor tactical play happens, and you are upset because you played real football and the opponent played sloppy hoof ball, and the media in real life along with teams, coaches, and fans, actually complain about it, then I guess it is appropriate for managers to do the same in the GIMP."
Inter manager, Chris Ingoglia more or less retracts his lengthy post...
"I think I speak for Tindle in saying that he doesn't sit there and watch how Arsenal plays on TV so that he can emulate how to do it in a video game. When he grabs the controller, he plays the VIDEO game. He may emulate roster moves or occasionally attempt Arsenal's style in a GIMP match but when it comes down to it, he will do what it takes to win. He will do what feels comfortable and seems to work in his advantage."
...and then has an unintentional pop at Tindle's style of play.
"Bravo Ingo... Bravo"
That man again, Burns, finally finds something to agree with someone on.
If every advantage wasn't played he'd have several more.
ReplyDeleteLiam, I very much dislike your post. Simply put, I wish you never wrote it. The title of the post insists that you summarized my lenghty one along with all the comments. Summarizing would be fine but you state my comment on "style of play" and quote, "Inter manager, Chris Ingoglia more or less retracts his lengthy post."
ReplyDeleteMy post, as clearly stated in the title, has very little to do with style of play and the complaining of such. Style of play argument was mainly discussed in the comment section and after hearing more about the media in real life complaining, I settled with the fact that GIMP managers can complain about said topic.
My post is about the whining of cock goals. Your post mentions nothing of what my intentions were. It is one thing to complain of someones tactics. It is another to whine and bitch about certain types of goals and post match facts saying that you should win. I watched both goals that David posted multiple times. There is absolutely no argument for the own goal. NONE whatsoever. Own goals happen. Thats life. Malouda's goal is another poor complaint. He cut to the inside. The defense was bad. YES, there was a glitch. The glitch was that the ball lags behind Malouda! (This is not aimed at you Liam. Just stating what I haven't yet) If there was no glitch at all, no "morphing" of the graphics, the ball would have stayed in front of Malouda and the goal would look even more legit.
Also, after sending you a text explaining my so called "pop" at Tindle, you still went ahead and posted it making me look bad. It's not a pop. Not everyone takes offense to being told that they don't follow football like you and Burns do. Tindle didn't respond to my statement negatively. I feel that your move in doing so is bit like pot stirring.
The title "insists" nothing. It's a play on football365.com's very popular daily column entitled "media-watch". In said article they point out errors and instances of hypocrisy and humor in the day's newspapers.
ReplyDeleteI simply found a comment condoning complaining ironic after the anti-complaint message in the post.
I had already pointed out the unintentional slam on Tindle in the previous comments section. Thus, me saying basically the same thing as I did above is written below. Should I have deleted it after you sent me the text? I assumed you'd comment and exonerate yourself from any sarcasm.
Surely the pot is stirred enough after the 26 comments below, but if a bit of a recap can illicit that kind of comment then perhaps there's a bit more bubbling beneath the surface.
Shut up Ingo! Youre high if you think Malouda was deserving of that goal! The own goal does occasionally happen. My point in posting that was to show that Tindle did nothing on his own to score any of his three goals. The Ribery goal came off of another launched "y" pass after managed to take a ball directly behind Scott Parker.
ReplyDeleteCan anyone post or comment anything on here that you won't take personally? Enough with the censorship! It's getting old that we have to follow your moral compass here on the blog. Do we need to have you and Tindle proof everything or are you going to let us express our opinions openly?
No more parody elements Pruitt. They just go soring over their head and it's taken out of context every time.
David,
ReplyDeleteThere are numerous posts in the past that talk bad about me especially as a manager. Within many of these posts, a comment by me is absent. You're one to talk considering you are by far, the manager who comments the most on this blog. There is no question about that. You comment on everything and have an opinion on everything. If something is written about me that I find malicious or false, I will make my comment. If it is true, I'll agree or just let it go (i.e. my years with AC and one with Tottenham). Lately, the volume of these incidents has been high. You have no right to say what you just recently said. As if you never take anything personal and respond back. Be very careful from that fall off your extremely high pedestal.
Liam,
Again I say, my post says absolutely nothing about the complaining of style of play and tactics. It is in the comments section that this topic came up. It is there, that I argued on the side against people complaining about others playing style. After being informed that the media, players, and coaches in real life complain about the subject, I switched sides and agreed that it's ok for managers to complain about the way others play. To say that I more or less retract my lenghty post couldn't be more inaccuarte and less ironic. What is said in the post and said in the comments section are both about complaining but are completely different in topic.
If I said I hate apples and then ate an orange, would you say that is ironic because they are both fruit?
I have no problem with you posting what you did, but it needs to be paired with the right complaint. It's the underlining italisized comment below the statement that diminishes the effort I put into writing my post.
Now, what's more important, is that although your headline for the post may be witty, the majority of the audience you speak to (my guess would be 8 out of 9 managers) do not understand the humor in your title. Also, I researched your "play" on media-watch and see that the majority, if not all of their headlines, start with "The page that..." This would mean that you provided your own words in putting, "Reading the blog so you don't have to."
I don't know exactly what your intentions were, but given the fact that David is most likely the only one that gets it, the title of your blog reads to us as follows:
"DFA Blog-Watch: I read and summarized the previous posts for you so you don't have to waste your time"
This is where I have the biggest problem in that the point of my blog, which is about the complaining of own goals, deflection goals, bad bounce goals, and whatever other goal that can be deemed "cock" goals along with the idea of match facts saying you should win, is now buried by your post so that others will not read it. For the sake of my post, you stating my comment as being a retraction to the whole entire thing, is wrong.
The "...So You Don't Have to" Part was a nod to the silent majority. A tip o' the cap to those who find all things GIMP drudgery and burden.
ReplyDeletePerhaps I attribute "cock" goals to "cock" tactics. Pumping balls long, tackling with three defenders at once, and a full-blooded sprint straight to goal (hoping for a favorable bounce) surely lend themselves to more dubious goals.
Well put Pruitt
ReplyDeleteThese comments are too long Ingo. I'm in the middle of finals I don't have time to read these long drawn out rants. Get to the point quickly please. Thank you
ReplyDeleteI know you're going to flip out on me now but please keep it short, my eyes hurt from studying.
ReplyDelete