The DFA Fall 2020 Season - Opening Day Headlines - LFC Maul CFC 9-0, Burns Melts Down...

07 January 2012

Homecoming Hat Trick for Henry

"When you put on the shirt of France or Arsenal, you change. It's like a new skin. You become Superman." -Thierry Henry




Arsenal marched to a 7-1 victory against Palermo in what proved to be a triumphant return for club legend Thierry Henry.


What started as a tight match between two clubs battling to keep up with the expansive talent in the top of the table turned out to be a delight for the home supporters as they watched their beloved King Henry put their side ahead with a perfect pass to Robin Van Persie for the opening goal. Three successive goals later, "Titi" cemented another incredible performance made even more so by the fact that the man has nothing to prove.

With a statue (is that actually him?) already outside the stadium, one has to wonder what is to gain by this return. Already leading the club in nearly every major all-time category, Henry's homecoming appears to be one of just pure love for the club.

When asked of Henry's return, Arsenal manager Adam Tindle replied, "You cannot take away from people what they have done, and what he has delivered will stay forever. It can just make the statue a bit bigger."

No one could've expected two cooly finished goals and a scorching volley coupled with on-point passing from the 34 year-old Frenchman but this is no ordinary 34 year-old. In a season marked by the ol' "one-nil to the Arsenal.. opponents" (losses to all top three teams have been by one goal) Arsenal supporters have had little but hope and faith to cling to as boss Adam Tindle has proven with his International matches that, given a boost in talent, he can turn results. Now, it seems that Henry's superman cape is back on in time for a Champions League qualification push and with the DFA cup around the corner, Arsenal fans will look to turn that hope and faith into a piece of silverware.

As for Palermo, one has to wonder what is going through the mind of notoriously fickle manager Christopher Ingoglia. Perhaps Milan is on the mind? In a league who's table order seems eerily similar to EA's rating of each club, and many managers complaining about matches being "decided at the team selection screen," surely a return to Northern Italy would help his struggles.

152 comments:

  1. What player Henry is! Scoring a hat trick playing in an unfamiliar position? Outstanding stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quote at the beginning of the article. Interesting how he's not good enough to put the French shirt on in the gimp though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boost in talent? Or boost in speed? Love the starting 11 you played against 'pool. All that online FIFA has groomed you into a glitch goal machine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is certainly GOOD enough to play for digital France. He just isn't FAST enough. Oddly enough the latter is far more important to some than the former.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Online FIFA, and it's learned behavior, could be enough to ruin the league . Fortunately most people don't spend hours upon hours playing the same game... Well except for games quality games like skyrim, arkham and bf3.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The affliction of "Head to Head Seasons" and it's symptoms (playing every match like the game speed is set to "fast," with 5 minute halves; taping down sprint/call second defender, refusing to make a pass that isn't forward, and chucking the ball into the box more frequently than Tony Pulis) are already evident in the GIMP.

    Is it effective in our DFA?

    ReplyDelete
  7. A double digit gap between 3 and 4 says no... Just an annoyance that occasionally upsets a real manager.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Comment comment. Rabble rabble. Tindle F.U. Ahhhhh rabble. I lost. You cheat by crossing and passing and shooting and playing FIFA. Ahhhh 7-1. Should have been 3-0 Palermo cause you are bad. Rabble.

    ...was that good?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys are special. So cool how you can tell exactly how are match went based on a scoreline. Especially when the guy who lost, had no complaints. Unless of course...you were watching. Wish I knew how to creep on an xbox and watch a match on my tv that I'm not playing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course then if you did watch, you would have to change your comments like, "taping down sprint/call second defender, refusing to make a pass that isn't forward, and chucking the ball into the box more frequently than Tony Pulis" because that is not what happend in that game.

    But your biased eyes would see different I'm sure.

    (in our annoying voice we do) "I hate Tindle. He plays FIFA too much. It's because I hate him, that I'm positive he beat Ingo in a cock way. I'm just so sure and know that it was all cock. He sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You do realise we get to play everyone quite often in the league? I'm all too aware of what goes on.

    I faced a 4-3-3 with Gervinho and van Persie in the midfield for Dunn's sake. Whether or not he ticked all the cock boxes in your match, the complaints are still relevant to the season as a whole.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "For Dunn's sake"...GREAT LINE.

    Now, I realize all of that. Just because of what someone is known for or has done to you means they much have done it in a match that you DID NOT witness?

    Hey, Tindle beat Ingo 7-1. I'm gonna just jump to knowing exactly what went on and bitterly attack because I don't like what he did to me.

    Sounds like a child in elementary school to me.

    Get the facts (not match facts) and then place an argument. And David, I had no complaints because I watched it with my own eyes and I'm not an angry little bitch who whines about every single goal and loss as being cock or unfair or bullshit.

    How bad is it that people not only cry about it when they lose, but cry and moan when others lose as well?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fact: Tindle plays people out of position because it "works" in FIFA
    Fact: Tindle doesn't play certain guys because they aren't "FIFA" players
    Fact: You should be ashamed and upset about losing in that manner
    Fact: it's not fun for some of us to play "FIFA" but we do enjoy playing football.
    Fact: You will defend anyone on the blog if it goes against Pruitt and I, especially when the argument is about someone's, normally yours, FIFA crockery.

    Anything else?

    ReplyDelete
  14. We already know (from your testimony) he played Henry in midfield. That's oddity number one. Must I complete the cockery scavenger hunt before I can list (and whinge about) the online FIFA player's manifesto above?

    If something happens against me 100% of the time, why can't I use this match as an opportunity to bring it up? Should I wait until each offense is listed in the match report before it can be complained about? Tedious.

    Perhaps Burns and myself are discussing a greater problem and scope than your shellacking. Perhaps it's not always about you, though with a username such as that, I'd argue you'll try your best to make it so.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's really not worth it to win a match or write an article in this league unless you're burns or Pruitt. We get it, you guys are superior fans and play the game exactly right so anyone who has any success must be based on "cock" tactics. Get off your high horse and support a competitive league. We all know that many believe it's not even worth it to beat either of you as you'll berate us on the mic and slander the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fact #1: Henry out of position. Anyone else? Oh man what a tradegy that Tindle played Henry behine RVP. Screw him and the video game world and all this nonsense!! That is rabble rabble whining.

    Fact #2: Ok. I get it. He plays guys according to the video game world. Point, you.

    Fact #3: I lost in a non cock manner. I lost straight up. Henry out of position is not enough for one to bitch and moan about losing. I'll leave that for you babies. That is a piss poop complaint if I sit here and say I should have won bc Henry was out of position.

    Fact #4: Go outside and kick a soccer ball or join a league. This is video games.

    Fact #5: Don't even act like I never agree or side with you. I'm the only one to actually have the occassional agreement. You and Pruitt are the most stubborn and arrogant sons of bitches in this league. It's your way or the highway. NEVER EVER wrong. Never willing to say, "ok, I'll give you that but..." I even agree with you already in this comment (see fact #2). Pricks! The two of you.

    Pruitt, please complete your scavenger hunt. Aside from Henry playing behind RVP, I want you to list everything else that Tindle did wrong in the match vs me. PLEASE!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We want a competitive league. That's why we're saying what we are. 11 points between 3rd and 4th is not competitive.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ...and Martyr, no I'll not join you in this retard dance of caps lock and tedium.

    Glossed right over the statement about Burns and I commenting on the season as a whole, not just your latest defeat, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  19. So, in a pretend league that is meant to be fun, you guys are so desperate to win games that you're willing to do whatever it takes. Sounds pathetic to me

    ReplyDelete
  20. Henry was played at CF, look at his position profile on the game and you'll see that is exactly his "preferred position." yes, he played out of position on the wing for barca. Ill tell you what, how about you guys pick my starting squad and formation next time? Would that make you happy? Again, your constant berating of others from your thrones (burns fittingly slightly smaller than Pruitt's as he tags along with everything he says like Scott fargus and his little crony from "a Christmas story" -- yes, I went there and everyone is thinking how scaring accurate that is right now) and support acompetitive league where ppl actually want to beat you Bc right now it's not worth it. Just ask Ian as he seems to have Pruitt's number this year though you wouldn't know it Bc no articles have been written about Ireland beating Germany Bc it's really not worth it. You are the problem and need to come off of your high horses about how superior you are. Give it a rest and be happy that this league had some competition finally.

    ReplyDelete
  21. First of all Ian cant use a computer unless it's watch porn so that explains the lack of Thompson articles.

    And second, again I ask, is the table showing a competive league? Or just a bunch of annoying tactics at the bottom that can occasionally nick a point off one of the big three?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes, that's why he doesn't write articles...

    Pray tell, how many articles has Ian written in his GIMP career?

    Ian v Pruitt (all comp.)
    2 - 0 - 2 ........ 6 - 13 agg.

    We'd love a competitive league, this top heavy table is not indicative of a competitive league.

    We are merely suggesting that a club that has players suited to moving the ball swiftly along the floor would be more successful giving that a go instead.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I did "give that a go" and won, 7-1. Again, you didn't see the match so have no idea what happened save for the fact that my opponent has no complaints though he lost by 6 goals. If they were "cock," I'd imagine he'd be a little more upset but has done nothing but defend me to 2 constant complainers who have nothing but complaints from everyone else's play, especially if they actually have success. As far as competition- Liverpool is not undefeated at the top as usual and again, arsenal losses to top 3 have all been by 1 goal. Int'l is competitive as well.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Then why not give it a go against the top half of the table?

    No Liverpool is not, the only other club to win the league is.

    4 of the 6 have been.

    Hopefully it will stay that way.

    ...as far as Ian's blog history goes. Two posts total, most recent was Oct. 26, 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's my fault for playing the guys I like rather than the fastest English players I could find. You're right though, your faster French team (without Henry) did make things "competitive".

    Run to the corner, cross to Remy.
    Power your way onto the ball with diara, out wide and up to Remy

    ReplyDelete
  26. "and Martyr, no I'll not join you in this retard dance of caps lock and tedium."

    Because you can't. You have no argument. And now that Tindle has justified Henry's postion, you have ZERO argument. Zero.

    I didn't gloss over anything. He beats me 7-1 and you guys ASSUME and jump to conclusions on how the match was played. Because of the outcome, you find it fitting to jump on his tatics as a whole.

    If this was his first game making a change to your method of play and tactics, I would think you would commend him. Right? And being that is how he played, because you have no argument on him playing wrong, I expect a congrats. But no, you are taking your stand on, "I faced a 4-3-3 with Gervinho and van Persie in the midfield for Dunn's sake. Whether or not he ticked all the cock boxes in your match, the complaints are still relevant to the season as a whole."

    He changed Pruitt. He didn't do that in my match. He played well and played right and beat me in different ways. You have no reason be upset and bitter with him. You just don't like him and the same goes for you Sid Fargus's sidekick (David).

    ReplyDelete
  27. Then pat thyself on the back for erroneously reporting his position to Burns. From now on I'll take your words with the amount of salt they deserve: a grain. Except for the ones in all caps I'll grant them a pinch.

    In that case I look forward to facing the "new" look Arsenal. Dominate in possession. Astronomical passing percentage. Slow, methodical, probing buid-up play. Song protecting the back four, Wilshire and Ramsey dictating the play from midfield, and van Persie leading the line as CF. Pass and move has come back to North London, baby, and I for one could not be happier.

    ReplyDelete
  28. No reason to attack ppl like that. You're so pathetic and bitter. You see a team doing well and feel forced to immediately discredit their success so you have something to fall back on in case you lose to them (inter last yr, bayern this yr, now France). You don't see us do that to you but I guess that's the difference between the way we choose to treat people. I'm all for funny banter between everyone but that's not what this is.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anyone else find it hilarious that Jack Wilshere has the "honor" of being Tindle's blog profile pic but can't crack the starting eleven?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Last time I checked, Henry was never used to play behind anyone. He's a goal score not a creative force that plays behind a target man.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Also, 4th in a league of 6 isn't success. And you're a saint Tindle. You've never been a dick to anyone

    ReplyDelete
  32. Why can't we make fun of play style?

    There are so many internet memes about Stoke, McLeish, Wolves, etc. Style of play surely isn't off limits?

    ReplyDelete
  33. People used to post photos of men who slept with other managers significant others on here, for f***'s sake.

    But being called an "xbox live style player" is a step too far?

    ReplyDelete
  34. "Then pat thyself on the back for erroneously reporting his position to Burns. From now on I'll take your words with the amount of salt they deserve: a grain."

    Please do! Come on man. You got that info from David "bitter twist things around" Burns who got them from me saying the words, "I believe Tindle ran a 4-2-1-3"

    There is no concrete in my statement.

    So yes, get your facts straight (and from the source) before wrongfully attacking others.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for the contribution there, ian. Jack started vs Palermo. Any other changes you'd like me to make?

    ReplyDelete
  36. So I twisted things around by saying that you said that Tindle ran a 4-1-2-3 (4-3-3)?

    I just looked up your text to me and this is exactly what was typed:

    "With HERNY back to arsenal at CAM behind RVP"

    I guess I miss interpreted that when I said that Henry played as a central midfielder

    ReplyDelete
  37. Tindle, I'd really prefer it if you played all reserves for your next match. If they could all be injured at the start of the match, I think that would be pretty super also.

    Also, Henry as GK. Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  38. With the previous statment saying "I believe", how accurate do you think my comment is?

    I'm not the all knowing soccer guru like you two are, but on a diagram, CAM and CF look awfully similar. With my comment saying "I believe he ran a 4-2-1-3" That "1" was accurate for Henry. Playing behind RVP was accurate. Oh my heavens, I didn't get the terminology right although they are extremely similar in placement.

    Please forgive me dedicated hardcore soccer fans. I beg you, don't cast stones on me from your tall perch.

    ReplyDelete
  39. It was ammo Tindle. Let me give you the sequence of events.

    You give Pruitt the facts

    Pruitt tells Burns

    Burns texts me for ammo...I MEAN ANSWERS.

    Then, HATE HATE HATE

    ReplyDelete
  40. Even with me giving Burns the result of the match in a non violent manner with no anger towards you (Tindle) or even saying things like Hoof or Cock or Scoring every goal the same way (because none of that happened), he was able to stew up a nice pot of hate in his clever little way.

    This match is so simple and should end all comments.

    Tindle and I were neck and neck with a good match up to the half 1-0. I then switched my formation in a desperate attempt to tie and he shredded through me like Greekalos through any poor virgin girl (as long as she is greek too).

    End of story. Palermo stunk. Ingo played bad. That's the story!

    The match was similar to England vs Italy except I tried to stay a bit more composed. When Burns took the lead, it became a desperate attempt to gain it all back. Sacrificing goal differential for the HOPE of winning or tying the game.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Can someone please tell Ingo to write like a sane adult.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Excuse me... Would SOMEONE please tell INGO to write like a SANE adult

    ReplyDelete
  43. Needs one or two more posts at once.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Great contribution to the conversation, Ian. Wouldn't want to voice the same complaints that we've had here about these 2 being horrible to play, much less win against. I know you've said that on the mic but want to be with the cool crowd on the blog and throw stones, that's fine.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Yes it's always a pleasure to play against you and your style of play. Must be why so many non gimp friendly matches are played with you

    ReplyDelete
  46. You're a bitter rival of mine. Playing in fourth with my favorite squad. I won't ever back you until they run you out of North London. And even then I doubt it.

    ReplyDelete
  47. The cock online FIFA tactics are similar to a puppy peeing in doors. Seems like the football managers are simply trying to rub your noses in you mess

    ReplyDelete
  48. How many times do we have to reiterate that "cock tactics" were not used inthis match? Real brave, anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  49. To recap:

    Tindle likes "friendly banter" on the blog, just as long as its not Fifa related and about his squad.

    In that case...ingo Greta's so old...(insert joke)

    ReplyDelete
  50. This blog need more Cushing.. And I'm calling for a murph return as well..

    ReplyDelete
  51. I think ingo is doing a fine job handling the retarded writing that Murph would bring to the table

    ReplyDelete
  52. I didn't know writing with emphasis, expression, and tone was frowned upon and insane. I'll just write everything in one standard line so you misinterpret me on a consistent basis. That was sarcasm

    ReplyDelete
  53. I do like the labelling you used in that last post, Martyr. (Sincerity)

    I may start doing that. As fun (and easy) as these wind-ups are I'd hate for some of you to continue to read too much into them. (Empathetic reflection)

    ReplyDelete
  54. Agreed. I shall now continue writing for now on with the simpliest of letter keys and words. No more """, no more CAPS, no more trying to add voice inflection to simple text.

    Just words with emotion in (). (Sincere honesty)

    Oh wait, can I use exclamation points? Probably not since I tend to use them more haphazardly then Elaine Benes. (attempt at humor)

    ReplyDelete
  55. How I'm imagining both of you right now: http://bit.ly/wtG4JH

    /I don't need to know how you're imagining me

    ReplyDelete
  56. I think you already know...

    ReplyDelete
  57. Haven't been on in months, as I have not been actively participating in the league. However, I was informed that I should read the blog and I assumed that this first post was the one I should read. Seeing my name getting thrown around was a surprise and has brought memories. Some fond, some not so fond. I will keep my return as brief as possible, as I do not feel it is appropriate to make to many comments until I can get back into playing in the league. Here are some points:

    1. I see that David and Pru are still relatively dominant in the league and extremely dominant in the Blog. That is what it is. No sense in trying to convert them, Ingo.
    2. I am pleased to see that IT Tummy is at the top of the table. Well done, Ian.
    3. The bitching has not seemed to have abated at all. Again, that is what it is. No sense in trying to convert them, Ingo (Even though you bitch a lot for someone who claims to not bitch at all).
    4. The Martyr (we will get to the name later) seems to be throwing around accusations (GET OUT CRIT!) at an alarming rate for someone who claims to be Christian inspired. Borderline hypocritical (and by borderline I am downright hypercritical).
    5. Also, Ingo, the cursing? Yikes. I for one don't really have an issue with it, but as I was repeatedly berated for using profanity over the mic (which I tried to respect to the utmost), I feel a bit perturbed over your usage of it.
    6. Also, Ingo, "The Martyr" is a highly inappropriate name, especially for one who claims to be so religiously motivated. Comparing the trivialness of this league to what the real Martyr's went through? Yikes. (notice the recurring theme?)
    7. Cush should definitely participate in the blog more.
    8. Ingo's writing and logic have not gotten any better.
    9. I miss the league and the blog immensely
    10. Because I am not participating as actively, I will not hide behind the anonymous name.

    ReplyDelete
  58. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/39/nomnomnomb.jpg/

    ReplyDelete
  59. Also, Critt *tips cap*, hurry back, yeah?

    ReplyDelete
  60. Henry the hero in digital and real life.. Incredible debut today- must watch.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Wow, so well spoken from a man who knows none of what is going on and has not spoken to me for quite some time. Looks like a little weasel has been feeding the big man.

    Someone please point out my swearing

    ReplyDelete
  62. An Arsene Wenger quote to reinforce my formation and positioning:

    on playing Henry with Van Persie…
    I haven't decided yet. Robin will be back against Swansea. Will Thierry start or not? I don't know yet. He can play BEHIND or in front of Robin or on the flank, Robin can play on the flank too, but I don't know yet what I will do. They can play together, of course, and they did play together.

    Alright, all square? This topic is dead.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Again, CAM is different than CF.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Correct Ian. Center attack midfielder and center forward are different.

    No. Center back and center defense midfielder are different.

    (both comments are sincere answers and acknowledgement)

    ReplyDelete
  65. I know a great deal of what has been going on, as I was a part of the league for years. Your own arguments make it easy to infer that not much has changed. Additionally, I know when to call a spade a spade. Being human is not an excuse for hypocrisy, so that argument holds little to no weight. Additionally, "little weasel" and "big man" seem to be pretty pejorative for someone who should be turning the other cheek. Add that to my list of grievances. Dare I come up with 95 of these?

    ReplyDelete
  66. "Turning the other cheek?"

    What is this the 60's or 70's?

    Get with the times, Critt. "Eye for an eye," is all the rage these days.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Aaron,

    What do you want me to say to you here? I don't speak or hear from you in quite some time and the first time I am graced with your presence is out of nowhere on the blog where the majority of your comment is addressed towards me in a negative way.

    Uh, hello? Hi Crit. How are you? That's generally how I would have thought our next encountner would have been. Not an out of the blue barrage of attacks. When I say you know not of what is going on and you fire back with being in the league, I don't see the connection. The majority of your comment is religious based and aimed at me. Being in this league for years has nothing to do with our newly hot topic of religion.

    Now, it's obvious that David has been talking to you about every little religious conversation we have. I assume you take him at his word? Therefore, you must think I hate homosexuals and everyone not Christian. I really wish you would speak to me first Aaron, like an adult. So amazing how you just wanna poke a jab at every little mistake I make and will continue to make. I don't stand here and say that I'm Jesus or that I am perfect. I never ever will be. I am a sinner and will continue to do so but not with intention. My human emotions and the nature of man clouds my judgement at times. Heck, many times, everyday. It's a struggle.

    Having said that, I am ashamed that I let my temper get the best of me. But wow Crit, to come in here and start throwing stones like you're an iron mike. What is wrong with you? What did I do to you? Listen, if it's the "GET OUT CRIT" comment. I apologize. You completely misread that. Kinda of a running joke that you aren't here but then anoymous says something and Pruitt says, "Crit?". It was just a "hey get out of here Crit." I believe you have spent many days around me in the past and know that I'm a bit goofy, loud, outgoing, and joke around a lot. There was absolutely no malice in my comment. Now if you hate me because of what you hear through the grapevine, that stop getting your information from there. Talk to me. I don't hate you or even dislike you even the slighest bit.

    And big man is not pejorative. Are you not a big guy? We have always called you big guy, big man. Not fatty. If you took that as fatty, then you are mistaken. Little weasel is pejorative. I was upset and frustrated. You try turning the other cheek every second of every day for the rest of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  68. To add on, my grandfather used to always say, "If you walk around with someone who limps, you're gonna limp."

    This group has people who constantly throw around expletives, judge people, and have qualities like stubborness, bitterness, and anger. Very hard to constantly surround myself around that element and not be affected.

    Now, the obvious answer is to leave the group and surround myself with people who don't swear, curse, put down, bully, or judge others, but these are friends of mine who I have a long history with and don't intend to break off anytime soon.

    Requires more self control on my part, which I'm working on.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Perhaps critt just read other posts where you were spouting off about your beliefs. There were 101 posts or something like that where he can form his own opinion. He also studied religion in college so I'm sure he had a giggle or two about it.

    ReplyDelete
  70. He said in his comment that this is the first post he read. Then he made his comments.

    Help me out with that please.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Does anyone notice that burns is at the heart of any argument between people here? Everyone just kiss and make up, realize that he's the same little weasel pot-stirrer that he's always been, and get on with our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  72. I should mention that, to his credit (even though most despise him), blog activity has never been so good. 100+ comments on articles is more than we've ever seen so maybe burns is the true martyr here in the sense of playing the villain for the betterment of the blog... Or maybe he's just a little bitch..

    ReplyDelete
  73. Very true but I would just like answers and resolution before I move on. I'm done with arguing. Just want to either David to respond to my confusion or simply own up to the fact that he has been speaking to Crit. I could be wrong. Maybe Crit lied and this wasn't his first comment section he read.

    Also hope Crit responds. Would hate to think that he hops on to bash and after I politely ask what is wrong and do my best to justify his motives and clear up some miscommunication he has, he just disappears. If that's the case, I would lose some respect for him seeing how I always thought he was a man of logic and mutual respect.

    ReplyDelete
  74. My comment at 12:06 was a direct response to adman's at 11:48.

    Not his 12:03 one.

    It is nice to see so much life on the blog. I mean, it brought back the GIMP dead (Murph and Crit) for a brief moment.

    ReplyDelete
  75. Name and pic change. Martyr is now Ingo.

    Switching profile info like I'm picking my GIMP team

    ReplyDelete
  76. There's one argument and it's about cock play. I guess me being on the one side (opposite of you) puts me at "the center of things"

    ReplyDelete
  77. Let's just overlook the fact that ingo will disagree with the first negative comment made on any post. Sometimes it's by me, sometimes it by Pruitt and once and a while it's Ian. Either way, Ingo will side with however he perceives to be being attacked (deserved or not). He starts writing like a lunatic using CAPS and broken sentences to get whatever misguided point he has across. He then gets called out for something, challenges the claim, receives an answer that he either doesn't like (proves him wrong) or finds offensive and pretends like that exchange never happened and moves onto his next problem with you.

    ReplyDelete
  78. My favorite comment "even through most despise him"... In a 6 man league id have to say that you may be the only one that despises me. Probably why you don't join our Xbox parties when im playing with Pruitt, Ian and Cushing.

    ReplyDelete
  79. David, in your 13:21 comment, you just addressed the problem. I disagree with what? Negative comments. Correct. This is the problem. You and Pruitt are constantly hammering this blog with negative comments. Why? What is wrong with your character and personality that you feel the need to tear down any success that someone else has? Forget success. You tear down anything that's written by certain people.

    Negativity David. Simply put in childish terms, you're a bully. You're bitter and mean. You write it as if I disagree with 100% of all the comments. Answer this, honestly...

    Have I ever apologized?

    Have I ever switched sides after perhaps being corrected or seeing/hearing something I haven't?

    Am I not allowed to defend myself which is a common argument when someone starts to fight back is blamed for it?

    There is no stat for this but between the 3 that argue the most on this blog, I believe I clearly am the one that would be first to swallow my pride and admit something or agree to something. You on the other hand have been extremely stubborn and full of pride. It's ok to let your guard down and be human David. I'm not going to continually hammer and belittle you. I'm not like that. I'm not you.

    Still waiting for to address my concerns from my 10 January, 2012 10:00 commment. Do you have anything for me?

    This is the part where I would love to see some maturity and see you tell me that you have been talking to Crit and feeding him information. It's simple David. Swallow that lump. Swallow and mature please

    ReplyDelete
  80. It's especially concerning how you call me out on receiving answers I don't like, finding them offensive, and then pretending that the exchange never happened. This is coming from the guy who I have called out numerous times for changing the subject in an attempt to better his argument. When hit with an answer that you can't provide a rebuttle to or has proven you in the wrong, my memory reflects you jumping to something else for ammo. I address every concern and hide behind nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  81. And there's the holier than thou attitude I like. The I'll question your character because you think (know) people are playing a video game wrong.

    To answer you: yes I've been wrong and yes I've apologized thousands of times for my mistakes. That being said, nothing to apologize here. Pruitt and I haven't made any personal attacks on here, we're just commenting on your style of FIFA. I guess we're horrible people (your words not mine) for doing so.

    Ian played Pruitt last night and drew. Guess what there was no screaming and yelling. Why? Because Ian wasn't playing like a cunt.

    ReplyDelete
  82. "You and Pruitt are constantly hammering this blog with negative comments."

    Perhaps a blog where every victory is deserved, every goal well-earned, and every team selection is the correct one is more your speed. I've updated this thing for months without so much as a peep in the comments section before and I know for certain which blog I prefer: an active one.

    ReplyDelete
  83. I can't be held responsible if people interpret commentary on how they choose to play a video game as a personal attack and/or choose to respond with character analysis/name calling.

    If tactics and team selection are too taboo for a digital football blog, then go back to posting what d-list celebrities we resemble or photos of managers wives' sexual history.

    ReplyDelete
  84. David maybe in your life outside of this blog you apologize or admit things but I don't see it here often if at all. Why send me a text clearing your name and not writing about it on the blog? Ashamed to simply say that you texted to Crit to read the blog. Why can't you address that in the open? Say that in front of everyone here.

    Now, here we go again for the hundreth time about you not paying attention to what I write. I did not address just success or tactics. I said certain people can post anything and you would find a way to put it down. Forget about tatics and my or other's write ups of a match. You have negative comments about so many things, just to be negative. Why?

    Why?

    Why?

    Why?

    I write that multiple times because that is the answer I want the most. Please answer why you are so negative?

    And from what I heard, Ian beat Pruitt on a goal that was extremely digital a week or two ago.

    So...where is the negative there? Is it only if I do it?

    It's simple and I'm so glad you commented it, but I mainly have problems with you and Pruitt. Not Cush, not Tindle, and hardly ever Ian. Why? Because they don't consistantly post negative bitter comments or sarcastic jabs.

    My outrage is always a response. Not the start of a conversation, but a response. Once again, who is starting it?

    ReplyDelete
  85. Pruitt, let's get this out of the way. Some of my posts in the early years of the GIMP were out of line. Me filming Vitale, way out of line.

    I apologize for all of that.

    So now, when we debate/argue in the future, does bringing up my dirty past make anything right?

    ReplyDelete
  86. I told you why I responded in a text you dumb fuck. I can't post a screen shot of something from my phone at work. And in that text I proved you wrong about something so why would I be ashamed to post that?

    I guess I won't ever question shitty tactics or bad play again. Have fun, run around fouling people off ball and playing guys out of position just to win a FIFA match. There is a reason why no one (Ian, Pruitt and I) play friendlies with any sort of regularity with anyone but ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  87. David, we don't need a pic from your phone. Just say that you texted Crit to check the blog. It's not a bad thing. I'm not even asking you to admit you were wrong. You can't even say that? Come on man, just say it. You are getting nuts on me now which is exactly what you have attacked me for not too long ago.

    This isn't about tactics or bad play anymore. This is about finding out why you are so negative? This whole comment section's original debate was answered already anyways. Tindle played straight up accurate football against me. There is no more arguing that.

    ReplyDelete
  88. I bring that up merely to point out how precious this place has become. No one so much as batted an eye at "that post" but suggesting a manager has picked up some poor habits after hours of online head to head matches is greeted with endless hand wringing and gnashing of teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  89. Yes, I told critt to read the blog because at the time there were a lot of interesting and funny things said. As for "feeding him information", couldn't be further from the truth. I would be insulting critts intelligence if I didn't think he could see your acting out of line without me telling him.

    ReplyDelete
  90. Ah I got it Pruitt. I guess that comes from our history of crackin at each other over nonsense.

    It's the competitive nature that makes being told something bad about a win, a performance, or a tactical method much more upsetting than being told you look like Henry Roengardner

    ReplyDelete
  91. Thank you for clearing that up David. One can argue that you are acting out of line just as much as myself though. I mean, we both have used our share of angry rabble.

    I retract my little weasel comment if that makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  92. Now, although this pertains to no one on this blog, it is upsetting to see that in your text to Crit you mention that you responded to my outreach for answers from the big guy with your comment that includes the line "101 posts."

    Crit then responds to you but has yet to get back onto the blog and address my questions that I asked specifically to him. I hope it is because he is busy and that he finds the time to respond.

    ReplyDelete
  93. I apologize for my absence, but I want to make it clear that I was not "hit and running." I was responding to what I perceived as an unwarranted and unjustified attack. Out of context, I hope that you can see how I would have taken that. Now knowing that it is an "ongoing joke" (which I am not sure how I feel about), I realize that I might be further out of the loop than previously thought.

    This admission, however, does not change most things. What I do want to say is that I do not "hate you" for anything I hear through the grapevine. A suggestion of hate is borderline ludicrous. I do not hate many things (que David's racist jokes here) and the thought of me hating you, a friend, is sad.

    My comments were not necessarily attacks on your character, just observations and frustrations. Indeed, only "observation number 8" was an "attack" on your writing and logic (something we have jabbed back and forth about many times over the years). If that offended you, then I am sorry. As for the other "attacks" I do not see them as attacks at all. Merely, as previously stated, frustrations. Frustrations due to the fact that I was berated, by you, for things that you are still doing. Can you see how that could bother me? I am very familiar with the "I am human" line. Of course you are, but if you are going to request changes in people and share the Gospel with people then you have to be better than "I am Human." Or at least try to be better. I could argue that you are the one doing the "hit and run." Hitting with religion and then running to "I am human." And that, my friend, is not right.

    ReplyDelete
  94. Thank you very much for that Crit. Simple miscommunication we had.

    As for the religion talk, to be better than "I am Human" is extremely difficult. To "try to be better" is what I do everyday. Being a Christian is extremely difficult because I am under a microscope. So, every little action I do, there is someone like you to jump on it and point out hypocrisy. I am very unaware of your religious beliefs but my guess is atheist. Only a guess. I would like you to imagine trying to be like Jesus every second of every single day. It is 100% impossible.

    Now, there is still no excuse but the true hypocrisy would be if I preach it and turn right around and do it. If I preach it and then perform that action without regret. You see, I feel horrible that you called me out on it. Not because you can be looked at as that picky non christian just waiting to spot a mishap, but because I want to be seen as a better person and you spotted a foul.

    I explained to David that the swearing thing, which is something you brought up, is something I take very serious. The man made curse words we use today like the f word are far less offensive to me than taking the Lord's name in vain. I can honestly sit here and say I have not used the His name in vain since I was in middle school perhaps. Why do you think the ongoing joke is me saying, "Oh my gosh Bo." Again, doesn't mean I should be going around dropping F bombs but I don't get on my friends for letting them fly out of their mouth. I opened my mouth when I was hearing His name in vain.

    ReplyDelete
  95. You know what Aaron, I'm sitting here thinking, and you are right. I was being a hypocrite. Simple as that.

    I don't like it and the sad thing is it will happen again in my life quite a few times if I was to live another 40 years. Human emotion is hard to control but you are right nontheless.

    I will work on bettering myself though. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  96. The key word in the word "hypocrite" is "CRIT"

    ReplyDelete
  97. Oh snap anonymous!

    You really have taken on your own identity

    ReplyDelete
  98. Again, that was not meant as an attack. The only reason why I have jumped "on every little action that you do" is because you have jumped on me for the same exact thing.

    As far as my personal theology is concerned, I would love to talk with you about that. I have studied and read the Bible cover to cover and consider myself to be a Christian. I grew up a Baptist but have sense moved more towards non denominational because I think the inner bickering of the Christian church is absolutely absurd. What difference does it make if the Catholics have Saints? They do not worship them. Why can't it be ok for Baptists to be saved through Christ's salvation alone and not accompanied by good works? Have I established enough credibility? Just because I can point out issues within Christianity does not mean that I am a "picky non christian." It means I m a picky Christian who doesn't like the places Christianity is going. Every time I see on the news that a Baptist preacher, "ordained" by God, is condemning Muslims as evil or see Ashley Panagio, a girls youth instructor, comment on how all of the Islamic nation wants to hurt Americans I want to cut my eyes out. How dare they condemn people or places they do not understand. The Islamic religion is arguably even more peaceful than Christianity is suppose to be. I know this because I have also read the Quran in my studies. I do not tell you that to act or seem superior. It is just a personal recognition that no matter how much the likes of Ashley think they know about religion, I can know that they are idiots. Plain and simple. The Quran that 95% of the Islamic nation follows is strikingly similar to the Bible. It purports peace, tranquility, and prosperity for all. It is the small percentage of morons that ruin the name of Muslim for the rest of the peaceful followers. This is coming from a white, middle-class, moderately rightwing, Christian. So if it appears that I am being critical, I might be. Why shouldn't Christians be challenged to be better? WE challenge others to be better all the time. Why shouldn't we be held accountable for the actions we take while looking at the ways we purport to live? Again, we ask that of other people all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  99. Refresh my mind but how many wars have been started by atheists?

    ReplyDelete
  100. Critt, I like the cut of your jib.

    And Anonymous, it's a well-documented truth that Christopher Hitchens started - and finished - at least 3 genocidal wars throughout Asia in the 70s and 80s. Fact. Look it up in Encarta.

    ReplyDelete
  101. What actions have I jumped on you about that I went around and did the same?

    Second, wowee! I love everything you said and agree with so much of it! I too like to consider myself a non denominational Christian. Put a Bible in my hand and that is what I believe. I don't want a denomination label. It is quite disturbing how much branching off has come from the one religion. All the minor differencs can be discussed between you and I some other time.

    Now, I don't know the Quran. Never read it. All I can say, and I would assume you too saying how you consider yourself to be a Christian, is that it's a false religion. No harm no foul in saying it's wrong. On a side note, I heard a muslim preacher say that the Quran tells that if you are attacked, you fight back with vengeance. Any insight into that?

    Also, having been Catholic myself growing up, Catholics pray directly to the virgin Mary. One could argue, why do that? That is wrong. The Christian God, the God of the Bible, is a jealous God and praying to the virgin Mary is wrong. The Bible itself preaches that you worship Him and only Him. No?

    Anyways, it just struck me. You wrote, "I have studied and read the Bible cover to cover and consider myself to be a Christian."

    Did you not constantly swear on the mic using the Lord's name in vain and berate others? Now you call me out?

    Ummm check that hand that is pointing a finger at me because there are 3 more pointing right back at you.

    ReplyDelete
  102. Hey anonymous, over 90% of the world believes in some form of religion or afterlife.

    Therefore, the odds of a war being started by an atheist are highly unlikely. Not all war starts from religion anyways.

    Sorry anonymous, but that line was just pure stupidity.

    ReplyDelete
  103. Hey Cush,

    What's Encarta? Does it come with Oregon Trail and Where in the World is Carmen SanDiego?

    ReplyDelete
  104. Catholics pray to saints and Mary to pray for them. It's the same as me asking you to pray for me. Only difference is you're not dead.

    ReplyDelete
  105. You don't have it, Ingo? Perhaps you'd like to borrow a volume of the Encyclopedia Brittanica.

    ReplyDelete
  106. I wish C. Hitchens could comment on this post... :-(

    Goodnight, sweet prince.

    ReplyDelete
  107. Hmmmm I knew that David and never really put it together like that. Good point. Seems like a fine line.

    Let's break down the prayer. I mean, were on comment 121 and far from the purpose of the blog so why not.

    Hail Mary full grace.
    Our Lord is with thee.
    Blessed art thou amoung women.
    And blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
    Holy Mary mother of God, pray for us sinners.
    Now at the hour of our death.
    Amen.

    It does say pray for us sinners. To say whether or not it is worship is all in the eyes of the reader and/or one that is praying I guess.

    Bottom line, I won't do it. Catholics can/will. And in the end, He'll make his judgment.

    ReplyDelete
  108. Careful Cushing, that's a nearly offensive comment you just made.

    ReplyDelete
  109. Please Cush, send it to me through snail mail.

    Actually first call me on your land line. Tell me your number because I don't have an answer machine yet but I do have caller ID.

    ReplyDelete
  110. Yes I'm sure god will be pissed that I said a prayer asking the virgin mother of his only son to pray for me...

    ReplyDelete
  111. Really David? Still having problems with me?

    You make Tindle's comment right when he called you a pot stirrer.

    ReplyDelete
  112. Who said pissed? I never said pissed. I said He is the one to make the decision on what is right and wrong. I didn't say what his decision should be or is going to be.

    Stop taking everything so offensive. Do I really need to put my emotions in () behind every comment? (Honest question)

    ReplyDelete
  113. That's funny Ingo, you told me that 80% of the world believes in religion or some form of afterlife

    ReplyDelete
  114. To be fair to ingo, that was before the Branco playoff win.

    ReplyDelete
  115. Oops. You are correct Ian. 80% was what I told you. Can't be sure if that is exactly the correct number but regardless, still a high number.

    David, what do you mean that was before the Bronco win? You lost me.

    ReplyDelete
  116. Ingo, I'll page you later. (Super serial)

    ReplyDelete
  117. David what is wrong with you? Holy cow man!

    Are you aware of how you are acting and what you are typing?

    I get your joke now from 80-90 but wow, what is your problem?

    Don't care to take back that you misread my comments from earlier and jumped to extremes?

    Hey David, just keep on trucking man. Eyes forward cause you are doing great. (Sarcasm)

    ReplyDelete
  118. Seems like you have a Tebowner for him. Not sure why you that upsets you so much...

    ReplyDelete
  119. It does upset me. I am a Tebow fan. If I started spouting off about John Terry or Lampard, would you not respond. I dislike ignorance. You called a good person a fag. You apparently don't like that he thanks Jesus a lot. Jesus is just someone he loves with extreme passion. Nothing wrong with that. And the biggest thing, is that with you claiming to be Catholic, it's very upsetting to see you speak that way after siding with one who just called me out to be a hypocrite.

    Looks like we are hypocrites.

    So many things that Tindle and I have been saying about you, you are proving our point right now.

    ReplyDelete
  120. "I'm extremely happy the Broncos were able to win another game."

    -starving child in Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  121. Just because him and I are both of the Christian faith doesn't mean I can't get annoyed with him for taking every opportunity to force feed it down people's throat.

    You also don't know what kind of person he is. You don't know him personally.

    ReplyDelete
  122. Why is upsetting that I'm catholic? Please explain

    ReplyDelete
  123. I've met him, and have friends who had class with him. He's a pretty chill bro.

    ReplyDelete
  124. Gee I wonder who wrote that?

    Hey starving child in Africa. You're sarcasm is spot on. I can't believe Tim Tebow would say in an interview that he is going to feed you by winning. (sarcasm)

    That he will feed you and then instead he played a football game. (sarcasm)

    That he makes millions on being good at football. How dare he. (sarcasm)

    Please anonymous. Contact that starving child or just say it yourself and tell me what in the world does that comment prove/mean?

    Tebow is the only athlete I have ever heard say something like (in response to "what was the greatest moment about your win today")

    ..."After the game I got to sit and speak with a kid in a wheelchair and just spend some time with him and encourage him and pray with him"

    Hey Tim, what about the win?

    David, I mean anonymous, please stop avoiding my questions like you claim that I do (boy you are really do well David on the hyprocrite stuff) and answer me.

    ReplyDelete
  125. First of all. I didn't write that. I would have no problem putting my name on that if I did. What question am I answering?

    ReplyDelete
  126. I don't know him personally. Do you? You seem to have such a great idea though don't you?

    I'm not upset you are Catholic. I'm upset you ignorantly called Tebow a fag and claim to be Catholic. Do you not read my comments? Maybe you glance at them and then respond. How many times have I asked you to read carefully?

    Who is force feeding? He has reporters and cameras in his face 24/7 David. If he was never interviewed, you wouldn't hear it as much. I don't think I have heard him once tell people on tv, "Be Christian!" The man has a passion for something a expresses his love for it.

    Why does that bother you? Should I call you a fag because you are diehard about Chelsea and constantly send me videos and highlights of them?

    You have a seriously misguided hate towards Tim Tebow.

    ReplyDelete
  127. What question am I supposed to be answering?

    ReplyDelete
  128. When you say "claim to be catholic" are you implying that I'm not?

    Also I can't have an opinion about a person because I am, sorry, claim to be Catholic?

    ReplyDelete
  129. David, I'm just saying that you like to throw around, "That's not very Christian of you Ingo."

    And well...look at what you are writing.

    And forget the whole religious thing. It's just poor ignornant hate towards Tebow that I dislike with your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  130. I mean, "He's a fag."

    He's a fag? Honestly David. Before you come back with telling me you don't mean that in a literal sense, let's have a better choice of words especially from the guy who defended homosexuality in our homosexuality debates we have had. Poor choice of words that make no sense.

    ReplyDelete
  131. Keep going David. At the rate you are digging that hole, you should be off your mountain and at our level real soon. Careful though, you are bound to pass us with that attitude.

    Think real hard. If this was the other way around and I was acting like you, what would you honestly be saying?

    That is not a rhetorical question. I want an answer to that.

    ReplyDelete
  132. I'd say on at least a twice a week basis Pruitt calls John Terry something or makes a remark about his defending and I can assure I don't start crying.

    ReplyDelete
  133. I can't take these tebow comments seriously with that profile pic, ingo

    ReplyDelete
  134. That's because you are afraid of Pruitt. I hardly ever here you say anything negative to him.

    If I spouted off about Terry (that is the question David) If I talked about Terry in a negative way how would you react.

    My non rhetorcial question is about the way you are acting. That's the answer I'm looking for. Not the topic of Tebow vs Terry. In the past when I used to rage with caps and curses, you would accuse me of being an idiot, a nut, insane. Can I not say the same about you right now? Look at your derogative remarks.

    ReplyDelete
  135. Well, I can see I won't get any rational thought out of you. You are truly debating like a delusional person. The way you bounce around from one extreme to another, I honestly don't know how to talk to you or even respond. You are a complete mess when it comes to logical and rational debating so I want nothing more to do with talking to you about this. You make little to no sense. I truly feel sad about that

    ReplyDelete
  136. I do not have the authority to decide what is false and what is not. I do know that the Muslim religion is quite peaceful and they purport the going of kind and good things. Doesn't sound so bad. There are certainly worse things they could be. I also know that, as Pruitt's shoulder will tell you, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are all trying to get to the same end. Eternal Life with God. In a literary sense, the God that you pray to is the same God that Jews and Muslims pray to.

    Catholics, as David pointed out, do not worship Mary and the Saints. They ask her to pray for them or to usher their prayers on to Jesus who will then take them on to God. Mary and the Saints do not grant prayers. They are simply intermediaries. It is literally no different then you asking your pastor to pray for your health. On a more basic level even, it is no different than me asking my mother to talk to my father about something. People have been doing this for thousands of years Starting with the Assyrians (early Christian group) and leading into Catholicism and Eastern Orthodox. I am quite certain that you would not dare claim that God the Father has judged these hundreds of millions of people poorly over the years just because they prayed for Mary to pray for them? Yes, God is jealous (Old Testament/Judaism) but is also kind, loving, caring, compassionate, and understanding (New Testament).

    Also, the idea of "Put a Bible in my hand and that is what I believe" is quite scary to me. This is where problems arise. The Bible, undoubtably an amazing piece of literature which contains truly inspired works, was written by man for man. But, without proper context and understanding its meaning can be construed drastically wrong. I hope none still thinks that grandmothers should be put to death for planting different crops side by side? Or that people should be stoned for touching pigskin? Indeed, there is even cursing in the Bible. Not cursing of the contemporary sense, because these words have been only made "bad" by usage (shit - a real Saxon word that is no different than excrement or bitch). You can thank the FCC for that.

    To discus this final point ad nausea, I called you out on these things because you yourself have called me of out on them. It is not hypocritical for me to do so, regardless of what I do.

    ReplyDelete
  137. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  138. Really good stuff.

    Everyone, Aaron and I have taken the conversation to email

    ReplyDelete
  139. BoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOooooOoOOOoooo...







    Said the effeminate ghost.

    ReplyDelete