England manager, David Burns, did the only thing he could do in Saturday's match against Italy. He pulled his players off the field in the 79th minute to ensure that they would leave with at least a little shred of dignity after another "ingo-bingo" defeat with imminent.
"I'm not going to lose like that. I'm not going to lose because FIFA allows Italy to whatever it wants out on the pitch. We make a tackle, they keep the ball. We take a shot after a well worked one two and Buffon makes a diving save. We make another tackle, and again they keep the ball. Its nothing that Ingo did. There was no skill involved in the win nor was their any signs of cock play by Italy. It was clearly something that was predetermined from the beginning and I'm not letting my players waste their time out there when the outcome has already been decided."
No comments:
Post a Comment