The DFA Fall 2020 Season - Opening Day Headlines - LFC Maul CFC 9-0, Burns Melts Down...

15 March 2012

My Response to David

This is one of the reasons I did not comment in the post down below. My response is so big and time consuming that it's literally over the allowable amout of characters (4,096) to fit into the comment section. So, I am writing it as a post.

Here we go,

First of all, don't ever call me a retard, asshole, idiot or any other negative term in regards to twisting your words as if you have never done the same. You clearly do it here where you believe I said it was Tindle's strategy to let Pruitt take as many shots as he wants. That it was his strategy to let Pruitt take triple the shots and camp inside the 18. I never once said that. Similar to how you say that I hate homosexuals (just using as an example, not to get off topic). Please find where I use the word hate. You clearly have kept that one running for sometime now but back to the topic at hand.

Tindle's strategy (pay attention) was to play a more defensive game and be less on the attacking side or less aggressive. The numbers are clearly in Pruitt's favor in terms of shots. There is no arguing that. The thing is, we don't have anything to compare this to. If Tindle played this match differently, say more aggressive, who's to say that Pruitt wouldn't have had 15-20 shots and scored 3-4 goals instead of just the 1. I've seen Pruitt numerous times hit that many shots. Again, he is quite possibly the best in the league. This approach led to only 4 shots for Tindle. Who's to say that if Tindle was more aggressive, he wouldn't have had 7-10 shots. We don't know but surely you can see my point.

The fact is, as many shots as Pruitt had, they weren't going in the net, for whatever reason. Anyone can argue all they want about Lloris making saves, Pruitt should aim, or it was bullshit. Whatever the reason is that they weren't going in, it had zero to do with Tindle playing cock (as you say he did). And because Pruitt wasn't scoring more goals, why change? Why should Tindle do anything different if only one goal is scored? Whether it's luck, skill, destiny, fate, or anything else you can think of, why act differently? As far as Tindle saw it (and I'm speaking for him in which correct me if I'm wrong Adam) things were working out just fine. He was tied, he had the lead, so don't change a thing. Stay the course. Hey, Lloris is on fire today, fortune smiles upon him and he should continue to play with the same strategy he intended to play with.

Now, if Pruitt scored another goal, I can assure you that Adam would have switched it up, but the simple fact is that Pruitt didn't score more than one goal. I will firmly agree with the idea that according to the shot total, you would think that Pruitt would have won the game. Doesn't mean he is entitled to it. Did I not say that Liverpool in real life has played games where they take 20+ shots with double digit on target and still draw or lose to a team that took around 10? You played baseball David, among other sports I'm sure. Does the team with the most hits and fewest errors "always" win? Looking at those two numbers you would think that they sure as hell should have but definitely doesn't mean that 10/10 or even 9/10 times that they do.

Let's talk possession. Since when is 53-47 dominating? That's more than a stretch. It's outrageous. How about 52-48 or 54-46? Dominance is clearly not the right choice of words. 60-40 is more like it. You realize that in a 90 minute match, 53% possession is 47.7 minutes and 47% is 42.3 minutes? Dominating? Absurd in my opinion. But back to Tindle's strategy of playing defensively. Generally when you clear the ball, you turn it over to the other teams defense and Pruitt is great at controlling the ball. I didn't watch the match but I personally see this (in my mind) happening in their match. Anyways, the debate is pointless on possession because it is an insane remark to say that 53-47 is deserved of the term dominating.

I just looked back at your comment on saying that you, David, can see conceding possession. Ok. I hope we're off of that. Allowing someone to camp in the box for the entire game? Look David, I'm going to take your words serious and literally. Pruitt sure did have 10 shots inside the box but to say he was there the entire game and use the word camp is, well, it's one mans opinion on the usage of those words and their accuracy. We aren't going to argue the usage of the word camp but Tindle did control the ball for 47% of the game and did take 4 shots on the opposite side of the pitch so surely Pruitt couldn't be there the entire game.

To wrap up, I was getting picky in the end there but I want to reiterate a point I made. Pruitt's shots is the only argument for why he should have won. Possession is clearly a non topic. So, looking at a boxscore without a scoreline, if I was asked who won, I'd say Pruitt. Duh. I'm not stupid. I can tell which numbers are greater and come to a conclusion. The thing is, would I be shocked to hear that the team with lesser numbers won? Not in the slightest bit. I wouldn't bet $10 (and I'm an avid gambler) on picking the winner based on those numbers. It's sports! Anything can happen.

It just chaps my ass (wax man) to see people constantly time after time point fingers and blame the winner for their failures and losses. To never ever accept any responsibility. That a grown man can't say,

"Eh, dammit. I lost. I had my opportunities and couldn't capitalize and I lost. I know I played a better game but it just didn't work out in my favor and I came up short. The penalty got me and I let that mishap get away for another goal."

Nah, just excuses

47 comments:

  1. 47% possession with sub 70% passing rate leads me to think that he wasnt knocking the ball around effectively and was just time wasting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Playing defensively is one thing... Allowing the one player on the team you don't control (keeper) to win the game for you in another. Allowing that many quality shots on goal is not what I would call a good defensive effort. Just an opinion of a guy who watches 3-4 matches a week (and plays 3-4 FIFA matches a week).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is wrong with being comfortable with your goalie blocking shots if for whatever reason, he is a wall that day?

      Again, Tindle didn't plan on allowing that many shots. Read again, things could have been much worse for him. One could say he survived the match. In the end, he survived the German attack and won. His defensive effort (I said effort here, not brilliance) kept the Germans to 9 shots on target and 1 goal as oppose to 13 or 14 on target and 2 or 3 goals. It wasn't pretty, but does every win have to be a beautiful masterpiece? How about scrapping one out? Or like I said earlier, doing just what is needed and surviving a match to win?

      Delete
  3. Good point but do we have a number of how many pass attempts he made?

    Aside from that, what's wrong with time wasting? That's a strategy. You know how you fight against time wasting? Don't let the other team take the lead.

    I can remember you dribbling in the corner to waste time. That idea came all from you. I know Tindle didn't do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's my point(s) of contention:

    I read match reports and interviews all the time that say things to the effect of, "team a outplayed, but smash and grab the three points," or "we rode our luck a bit there."

    Losing teams are hailed as being the superior footballing side on the day constantly. There isn't a litany of tears an complaints (like on here) when that's suggested though.

    Read those match facts. Know that Lloris pranced around like a maypole dancer for the full 6+ count every time he was able, and tell me which was the better footballing side in that match.

    Am I a war criminal for suggesting that Germany was the team that actually came to play? Because it was painfully obvious to me. Playing the spoiler, anti-football, whatever you'd like to call it- was rewarded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are the rules in real football about holding the ball as a goalie?

      Delete
    2. War criminal is an extreme term Pruitt. Sore loser is what I believe we are more apt to use.

      You say team that came to play. Tindle came to play. It was a different approach than yours. Like I said, wanna fight time wasting, don't give up the lead and capitalize on your opportunities.

      Delete
    3. Also Pruitt, I got no problem with you getting on the blog and explaining how you thought you played a better match and deserved the win, but your approach and choice of words are so calice and filled with arrogance and negativity. And that's every single loss. Every single one of them! Is it actually possible that not one of your losses was your own fault? Think hard on that. How many losses have you had over the years? Not one was your fault?

      Delete
    4. I saw Tim Howard booked for time wasting this weekend. That will never happen in the game.

      Passing the ball around the midfield and taking to the corner flag in the 88th minute is not comparable to wasting time from the start

      Delete
    5. How long did Howard hold it? Are there rules? Tell me. Tell me the rules. FIFA allows nearly 10 seconds and then automatically punts it. Is FIFA wrong? What are the exact rules?

      Delete
    6. 6 seconds. And while your real clock counts to six what is the FIFA clock to? 2-3 minutes.

      Delete
    7. So now what? Do we try and govern that? Email FIFA?

      I'm still asking, did Tindle do that when it was 0-0, 1-0 Germany, or 1-1? And if so, what's your complaint there? The playing field was even or in your favor. Not until the 2-1 lead which happened in what minute, can I see complaints but I would have to refer back to other objections I've made for those compliants

      Delete
  5. Time wasting from the kick off seems extreme to me ingo. Sore loser?

    I know you're fighting for Tindle here which is hilarious because we all (Pruitt and I) have to put up with his club's bitching about anti-football in real a the god damn time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it 100% true that Tindle held the ball on the very first shot caught early in the game? Second shot? Tied at the half, I can see time wasting from there on out or after the lead but since the early early minutes?

      Delete
  6. To much emphasis is being put on people for being bad losers. How about being a gracious winner and being able to admit that you has no business winning a game?

    "I Don't think we really deserved it to be honest because Liverpool played better". RVP from a few weeks ago.

    If a professional footballer, and 1 man team, RVP can admit it when the stakes are high in real life, why not you guys on the blog?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Before Tindle even wrote his post, pruitt's stat sheet pass around and negative feelings about that match where already out and about and back to Tindle. How is he supposed to write nice of the manager who was so quick to go out and promote his failure the reasons why? And if you go back and read Tindle's post, he gives Pruitt the benefit of the doubt calling it a "soft" penalty. Also describing the Germans as a well oiled machine and complimenting in other areas as well.

    Where do you get that Tindle's attitude was that he was the best out there and Pruitt played poorly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And what's with "you guys"?

      Me? I don't win

      Don't lump me into that

      Delete
    2. You defend everyone on here for some reason. So yes, you will be lumped in.

      Refering to them as a machine isn't the same as saying "the better team lost". Not even close. No one ever admits that they shouldnt have won a game. I have said it several times that I didn't deserve to win my international final.

      Delete
    3. Derided for texting facts to burns. Match FACTS. Hilarious. What a spin doctor I am. How dare I tell burns FACTS.

      Delete
    4. Yep. Perhaps we should no longer communicate about football, FIFA, or anything that could (will) be spun to make us look like Hitler and Musollini

      Delete
  8. I defend everyone? There you go again. I defend those that appear to be hammered with insults and abuse from the likes of you and Pruitt. Well heck, I even defend you and Pruitt at times. I defend what I believe to be true, fair, and accurate.

    When somebody wins and acts like a cocky prick, I can assure you that I will be on the side of the loser.

    I hardly ever admit that I should I have lost (if at all). You know why David, bc I hardly ever express that I should have won (if at all). You see, at the end of a match, whether win or lose to unfair events, I don't care! It's a video game that will never ever ever play out exactly like real life. A bunch of 0's and 1's and a code of language programmed to attempt a true experience. Scroll back and find the last post or comment where I said I should have won and bitched about losing. FIND IT! Haha. You can't and you won't. Find the last post or comment where I came off arrogant or cocky from a win?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hitler and mussolini? Wow you two are a piece of work. So Pruitt, all you did was say to David, "I lost. Here are the match facts in case you were curious." Nothing more?

      The two of you honestly didn't then banter back and forth about Tindle at all? I was born at night, but not last night. Come on guys

      Delete
    2. Nope. I was still on the box with Tindle and Cush (having civilised discussion- despite your projections of my behaviour). The text screen shot is me texting burns some ass to ass gifs and then the match facts screen shot.

      Delete
  9. The best part about your first comment there was that you said you don't defend everyone and then described everyone including the people who you are defending them against now.

    Also , if I need to provide screen shots of the text conversation between Pruitt and I, I will. I was talking about my dinner with Luis and asked how the game went and he sent me a screen shot and said "one pen, one hoof".

    I then said "those are some quality shots that he took, especially the one from 30 yards at a diagonal angle" I said "the game is broken" and he sent me a screen shot of the "penalty".

    No collusion there, no excessive bad mouthing. Nothing that wouldn't be said if it was a friendly between the two of us or facts from any other game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing else was said about the match until the morning in the blog post.

      Delete
    2. Well of course. Tindle wrote the post and then it was followed by you and Pruitt and your wonderful remarks

      Delete
  10. We clearly see that two different ways. With Tindle's write up about the match facts being sent out, i get a different impression. We won't agree on it so let's move on.

    So you find it funny how I say I don't defend everyone and then switch to saying I do (immediately)? Hey, I caught myself and corrected it. You are right, I do defend everyone. Now be a man and explain your flip flop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What flip flop? We aren't enough comments in yet for you to put your crazy hat on and star demanding imaginary questions get answered.

      Delete
  11. Are you serious? Your flip flop on Tindle and I being favorites to now not being favorites. Your flip flop on the idea that our play gives us an advantage but you then say we would win more if we played your way.

    You flip flopped twice David.

    ReplyDelete
  12. There's not enough Ritalin in the world to enable me to follow this now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You do have an advantage the game rewards cockery! Sometimes we are able to over come it. Again, I picked the winner of the final this year. Wasn't luck

    ReplyDelete
  14. Still not answering and still not making sense. How can a team have an advantage but then you say would win more games playing you way?

    I wrote over 4,000 characters to answer you David. You can give me a little effort

    ReplyDelete
  15. If we started a new season right now on FIFA 12? With the same play a game wait a month play a game wait two weeks pacing?

    Ian
    Pruitt
    Tindle
    Me
    You
    Cushing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we started on FIFA 13 or even Euro 2012 and had 2 weeks of practice and then Started playing...

      Pruitt/Ian
      Me

      You
      Tindle
      Cushing

      Same shit that happened this year. Who gap when football mattered and then 6 months and the rise of cock happened

      Delete
    2. David, I understand every single thing you are saying. Why can't you man up and stop being so stubborn and prideful and say that you said the wrong thing. That you misspoke

      Delete
  16. Ok, now you are talking pace. What does that have to do with tactics? You also still put Pruitt and Ian above me and Tindle. All you did was give Tindle a slight bump. So I ask once again, did you not say that Tindle and I were the favorites and then switch later to say that it's still Ian Pruitt and you but it's gonna be harder to win?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the last time im going to repeat myself! Fist 6 months the big three. After that you guys are favorites to win some games. I've said it at least 3 times. I'm going to send you screen shot after screen shot of them so you flip through and see them all and we can stop this retarded dance

      Delete
  17. If we use FIFA 12 again, which you choose to ignore, we dont need 6 months. I have addressed this and I can find the exact comment where I asked who do you think is next seasons favorites. You said me and Tindle. I didn't ask who is the favorite to win games late. Are you not reading me clearly? I asked who will win next season, outright, the favorites. You said me and Tindle. Then later, you switched and just can't admit it

    ReplyDelete
  18. I misinterpreted your first question but my answer has never changed. Said differently, but never changed.

    If we started a new season on FIFA 12 you two clowns would not be favorites. You would be able to compete because of FIFA keeps you in games but cock play isn't a long term solution and over a long schedule wouldn't produce enough wins to effect the league table. One off games where you have the superior team is a different story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just texted David saying that I'll let this go. I do not feel that he answered me or admitted that he flip flopped. I have clear evidence that he said one thing and then said something else. He refuses to admit it but I'm stopping here.

      However, I will now move on to the other flip flop. Yes that's right, there were two David. And you tell me that you are tired of this shit, well I am too!

      So, if cock play isn't a long term solution, and playing your way is the way to achieve better results (as you stated) then how do we have an advantage?

      If I take Team X in American Football and they are going to play a 16 game season. If they play a cock way that gives them the advantage, are they more likely to win more or less games? An advantage would mean more games. Not less. If it was less, then it would be a disadvantage. Doesn't get any simplier than that. So how do we have an advantage as you stated? We lose more games than win. Being able to "cock" a win or two over a lengthy schedule is not advantage. It's not a reward from FIFA. It's the nature of probabilty.

      The only reason why we have these conversations (the ones you claim where I ask nonsense) is because you drag them out. You are so full of pride that instead of immediately just admitting that you said something different, wrong, or doesn't make sense, you make me break it down to the 1st grade education level and stretch it out over multiple comments that at some point we all ask, why are we here.

      Delete
    2. I'm not talking to you on here any more. It's existing and goes around in a big fucking core every god damn time. I'm done commenting on everything so here is a blanket statement you can read in your head for very new post written on the blog for the next couple weeks:

      "Tindle is shit player but has found cock ways about getting wins. He holds the league up with his lack of communication and out right refusal to play matches on time. If Pruitt loses, unless to Ian, it's probably cock (and even then probably cock). Knowledge of the game, of individual players abilities and tactics mean nothing to EA. The more you try to play football the more frustrating it becomes to play in the gimp (unless you're playing another football player). Ingo will do everything he can to keep an argument alive and well. He will ignore information and facts provided to him through text, phone conversation, email, blog posts or through xbox live parties (unless your name isn't Pruitt or Burns). Cushing is extremely mentally weak in the second half of matcha (or first depending on which way his players are going on the screen) but shows more ambition than then the rest of the bottom teams."

      Delete
    3. Typical reaction. Again, as always, with the rude, negative, and bitter remarks.

      All the times I get labeled with ranting and blowing up.

      Good job David.

      All the times you said I choose to ignore facts and information. You are clearly doing the exact same thing. I acknowledged you. You refused to see my facts and information.

      Good job David.

      Nice exit. Way to leave with class. You are the definition of a double standard.

      Delete
  19. This place is a damn madhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I played Pruitt with a more attacking match, had 9 shots on goal, passed with better accuracy than him-- the type of play you idiots beat off to. Result: Liverpool 4 Arsenal 0.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like the best way to lose is to outplay your opponent.

      Delete