The DFA Fall 2020 Season - Opening Day Headlines - LFC Maul CFC 9-0, Burns Melts Down...

13 September 2012

DFA 2012 Fall/Winter Amendment Docket

As always, it is our ability to adapt and improve as a league that makes us the preeminent DFA on the interweb. How shall we continue to evolve in the coming year...


1. Start Date

Open forum to discuss when the next season will begin. A more specific vote will occur once general consensus is taken. Keep in mind FIFA 13 will be released on September 25th (demo available now). 

2. Injuries 

The current injury rule is our attempt to inject a bit of tactical and practical strategy into a 6-competition season. Due to the inability to take player fatigue into account, in-game injury is our only option. There is next to no squad utilisation taking place, and thus, a lengthier injury lay off is required. How would you like to see the injury rule increased?

3. Forfeit Rule

Currently our forfeit date is 12 days from the match being posted. Several have voiced their displeasure with the length of time. What should the length of time be? 10 days? 7 days? Discuss. 

4. Man of the Match

It is painfully apparent that FIFA cannot choose an appropriate man of the match, we must take this responsibility upon ourselves. How should man of the match be selected?

5. International Cup Format Change

Due to the success of the Summer International Tournament, it has been proposed that regular season International Cup follow a similar (but slightly tweaked) format. The proposed change would see a qualifying campaign take place throughout the DFA season, with 6th place finding themselves eliminated, 5th facing 4th in a playoff (winner faces 1st place in the semi final), and 3rd facing 2nd in the semi final. The semi finals and final would be played at the end of the season. What say you, should the format be changed? If so, how many games each in qualifying?   


There may be more added to this page as the debate progresses. Keep an eye on the goings-on by clicking the "Amendment Docket" link on the right side of the page.  

42 comments:

  1. 1. A week after release.
    2. 2 games per injury
    3. Is it really asking a lot for 1 game a week?
    4. Can we trust people who don't know the sport to pick the most influential on the field?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Mid October

    2. I like 3 games

    3. 7 days should be reasonable but we do have different lives and unforeseen events occur. I say 10 days

    4. Maybe we choose 3-4 specific stats, send them over to the commish, and he decides

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Two weeks after release

    2. 2 games for the first, 3 for the second, 2 for the third, etc.

    3. 7 days

    4. 10 points per goal, 5 per assist, 13 for GK clean sheet, 12 for CD clean sheet. Or something similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that idea about installing our own point system for MOTM

      Delete
  4. Two weeks after release
    2 games
    10 days
    Don't care, I never get that shit anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1) 2 weeks after launch date

    2) Wait and see how they're handled in the new game but I do like a step up system where the 2nd injury is longer as Pruitt suggested

    3) Again, my vote will always be to avoid a set 10 day type of thing bc ppl play 3 matches in one night then none for weeks

    4) Wait and see how the new game does it but like the idea of points for stats

    5) Burns has now been sadly de-friended from brittany's facebook as well (I removed him over a year ago). I understand a "wind-up attempt" but saying I'm about to "poop (give birth) to a baby"? Then going on to misspell "breast" milk pumps? Speaking of being embarassed about having a degree from the same university as someone..

    Talk about me all you want but I think we can all agree that there's some lines that shouldn't be crossed and that comment is a good example.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm shocked your against a deadline to play matches. Absolutely shocked

      Delete
  6. When are we going to have to announce or clubs and countries that we'll be managing? I'm sure Ingo will need as much time as possible to pick one. Cushing also needs a new team (Psg,City,Bayern?). Tindle probably heading back to united or is quitting because of time constraints. Ian with arsenal...

    Lots of changes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tindle:

    I'd like a bit of clarification on your point about the potential "10 day rule". I'm a bit unsure as to what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be picking a club after launch, before the season starts. If you'd like some friendlies, I'll be auditioning clubs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What about designated 3 days a week as days to play? Would that help?

    ReplyDelete
  10. To clarify:

    I AM advocating a deadline, just not a fixed calendar date one. We've seen that it simply leads to a ton of matches being played, then weeks of nothing.

    For example, if I play 3 matches in a weekend, I technically have close to 30 days until I have to play my 4th due to the set 10+10+10.

    I am trying to solve that problem and proposing that we made the dates float somewhere between 7-10 days from last match completed. In this instance, if I played 3 matches in a weekend, I would still need to play my 4th within 7-10 days. Just a thought, probably needs some polishing but hopefully that clears it up.. I'm all ears to a better idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slow down on the math! This guy must be a witch with all his sorcery!

      Witch! Witch! Witch!

      - the itslian

      Delete
    2. Say person "B" plays 3 matches in one week, his 4th scheduled opponent, let's call him person "I", is still 2 matches behind person "B" on the schedule.

      How many days until the match between person "B" and person "I" expires?

      Delete
    3. A train leaves at 10am from detroit going 50 mph....

      Delete
    4. Hmm, maybe the clock starts as soon as Person B and I's match becomes available?

      Delete
    5. How accurate is the clock that we plan on using? One of those one that goes off a satellite? Timer sand is my suggestion. I just don't want to miss out on my match because the clock is a little quick.

      Delete
  11. So far haven't seen any changes in relation to handling of injuries

    Computer's keeper has been motm > 50% of matches played so far. Given, 3 min halves are tough to work with but still..

    Unfortunately, don't expect much change with regards to those two issues

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. Poop

      2. You must be playing against juventus.

      3. Me neither.

      Delete
  12. Keeper motm has gone down with a few more played but also noticed every match in the rain has resulted in at least 1 injury so far.. 4 in a row

    ReplyDelete
  13. The 10 day rule works best when we stick to the fact that no match should be played out of turn. When we start allowing people to play 3 games a week because they are playing matchups way in advance, then yes these long droughts occur.

    It seems like we say this every year and then somewhere along the road we start to allow matches to be played freely. Have to stick to it.

    Also, the due dates for matches should not be listed in advance. Only the immediate next matches for all teams should be listed. Once a team/teams finish a match, then from there it should be 10 days for their next match.

    This is definitely easier said then done, but it's something worth trying/playing around with.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd say a strict "no games played out of order" rule must be accompanied by a deadline of less than 10 days. People get antsy over a week and a half and want to play.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't recall any forfeits last yr with these same rules in place yet we were all generally unhappy with the pacing.. I'd say something needs to be changed or we're simply insane to do the same thing again and expect a different result..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Set match schedule where matches are highly encouraged to be played on those days but can be completed +/- 4 days of the dates but no more or less? Like having a match "window"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Champs league matches (and occasional DFA an league cup matches) on Wednesday. League matches on the weekend.

      ???

      Delete
    2. YES, I would be all about that

      Delete
  17. THERE HAS BEEN AN ADDITION TO THE DOCKET. SEE TOPIC 5 FOR DETAILS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to changing it. Home and away for qualifying

      Delete
    2. Per our conversation earlier today: yes and 3

      Delete
    3. If 3, how do we determine the last home game between everyone?

      You are saying play each team 3x, correct?

      Delete
    4. You understand that it doesn't matter where the games are played right? It's a video game...

      Delete
  18. Yes.

    A Home and Away seems to be the no-brainer but I'm open to a different proposal..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Old intl tournament : 4-6 games.

    New intl tournament with H/A qualifying : 10-15 games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is to say: two matches each should be plenty.

      Delete
  20. A 3 match each qualifying would mean an international tournament consisting of 15-20 matches. That seems a bit much.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yeah that would probably take us to FIFA 15 with the way this league moves. Plus Im worried about my fake players traveling to Italy or Germany twice. I don't want to finish 6th because I'm unlucky and have to travel to Germany twice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So now you want to acknowledge that we are playing a video game and this isn't real life? Huh. Ok.

      Video game. Real life. Video game. Real life. You go back and forth with me on this argument. Don't we try to emulate real life? I believe all tournaments around the globe that run this format would keep it fair with a H/A.

      Anyways, it is a video game so home field advantage is really a non factor. Unless, do you think FIFA 13 will factor this in? Doesn't matter. No need to start a 100 comment argument over this.

      Regardless, it is way too many games. 2 matches, in my opinion, has to be the limit

      Delete
  22. A H/A only. Two matches that's it.

    ReplyDelete