Confident Irish squad dominates then survives to advance to final past England
The Irish are the first team to punch their ticket to the final as they outlast the English 6-1 on aggregate. "We won the first game handily (4-0) but I was disappointed by the way that we played in the second (2-1)." Thompson said in a post game statement. "We were the better team, but, they had chances that they didn't capitalize on in both games."
Shane Long continued his fantastic form as he was apart of all four goals in the first game. one must begin to think that Thompson and the Irish will begin to hear the "one man only scores.." rants and chants ring louder and louder soon.
Both games featured chances taken by the Irish and chances thrown away by the English. Ireland capitalized on numerous scoring chances while England blew a penalty, two sitters, and hit the bar several times. "We were lucky not to concede more as they rattled the bar three or four times. I don't think it would've been enough to change the result, but, it certainly would have made things a Hell of a lot more nerve wracking."
There were zero bookings or injuries in either of the matches and there was a total of seven goals scored. Not quite the snoozefest or blood match that the French "manager" predicted. "I don't know what he is talking about. He's an absolute buffoon that doesn't know what he's doing or what he's talking about. He just spouts off at the mouth without any rhyme or reason. Maybe that's why he's out of the tournament."
The Irish don't know who they will square off with in the final but Thompson seems to think that it will be the Germans. "It's tough a tough match to call, the Italians are always a tough customer but Pruitt has his German squad in tip top shape as I don't believe they've dropped a point. I know the spectators would love to see an Irish/Italian final, as those have been real doozies as of late."
Sorry for the delay.
ReplyDeleteHit the bar 3 or 4 times? No where near 5 though...
ReplyDeleteThree times top. I think 2 of the three were from outside of the box. And two missed sitters.
DeleteAt a minimum it was twice a game. Also, does it matter where the shot came from if It beat your keeper and hit the post?
ReplyDeleteYes, I don't want you to make it seem like you were clean through to goal and the game just screwed you and made you shank it.
DeleteShots off target generally do beat the keeper.
Delete