The DFA Fall 2020 Season - Opening Day Headlines - LFC Maul CFC 9-0, Burns Melts Down...

12 September 2012

Final: Mario vs Long

Last night, Italy played Germany in the semi-finals.

1st Leg:

Italy 2 - Germany 1

2nd Leg:

Italy 2 - Germany 2

Aggregate: Italy 4 - Germany 3

Italy advance to play Ireland.

*written due to peer pressure

66 comments:

  1. Anyone care to fill in the blanks? Doesn't matter if you were involved or not, just need details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah a lot of blocked shots being called penalties, hitting the post, world class saves, time-wasting and better performances not being rewarded. All-in-all a fitting send off for FIFA 12.

      Delete
    2. How utterly predictable. It's never "insert reasonable and accurate rebuttal here," is it?

      I wonder why.

      Delete
    3. See lower comment about embellishment.

      The fact I can some of the same arguments in our matches deems the statement:

      Insert baby noise here

      Delete
    4. Choosing not to argue in the past is not vindication for not being able to argue in the present.

      Delete
    5. Maybe you are not understanding what I'm saying. About 80% of your original comment contains arguments that I too can make. Yet, during the match along with after the match, my mouth was shut. You however complain and whine.....like a baby.

      Get it?

      Delete
    6. Ooh condescension, kudos.

      Go on then, how were you hard done in those matches, petal?

      Delete
    7. Instead of trying to sound like some English European person. Ask me whatever it is that you just asked in a manner that I commonly hear over here....where I live.

      This should be good.

      Delete
    8. Ooh condescension. Kudos.

      Go on, tell me how you were unjustly punished in those two matches, precious flower.


      Or did you mean Kentucky-speak?

      Delete
    9. That was good but I would like to see the Kentucky speak anyways for entertainment purposes.

      In your comment I assume by better performances not being rewarded you mean when you intercept a pass or make a right move or tackle that results in the ball still being in my possession or favorably in my possession.

      I too sore had that happen to me, many times. I just don't whine about it.

      Delete
    10. No I meant the overall performance. 3 free goals is hard to overhaul, but I nearly did it.

      Delete
    11. Suuuuuuuuuure. I'd believe that if my ears weren't bleeding from the constant complaining of what I just described in our match.

      I'm surprised myself that I made it through without hemmoraging internally until I died

      Delete
  2. To quote a phrase used over 3 dozen times by my opponent last night,

    "WHAT'S THE POINT!!!"





    ...and here we go

    ReplyDelete
  3. Correction:

    Italy vs Long

    The dark one is injured.

    Leather face vs Long?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant dark as in vilified.

      Delete
    2. Ok fine... I MEANT BLACK! BLACK! HE IS A BLACK MAN!!!!

      (Insert racist line from Fairuza Balk in American History X)

      If you don't know, ask Pruitt...or people from Stetson's Emily Hall in 2005, or Tindle, or some townies/locals of Deland who were around me when I was drunk and ignorant.

      Delete
  4. 2 cockers lead to what will certainly been a cock fuled final. A fitting end to FIFA 12. A game that at first, tailored itself towards those who play football, and then took a long turn towards the cock. Hopefully we'll be able to finish a season in FIFA 13 before some learn how exploits its flaws.

    4 games in the semi's saw over 4 penalties, over 6 shots hit the post and several world class saves from two former class keepers. Hopefully 13 won't cap the scoring and wont have predetermined winners.

    Good luck Ian. Do it for football

    ReplyDelete
  5. Over 6 shots hit the post? Where do you get these numbers?

    3-4 in your match. 1 in Italy v Germany.

    Embellishment...not that ever happens on this blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. That 3-4 was more like 5-7. Ian was lowballing my number and not talking about the 1-2 that he had.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too will be cheering on Ireland (but not necessarily expecting their technique to prevail), for several reasons:

    They didn't coq by me in the semi.

    They are not highly rated attribute-wise.

    They are a far more likable bunch of players.

    They play football, not FIFA.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They score from the spot!
    They score from the spot!
    Never from open play,
    That's the Italian way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I score from the spot unlike the English with open sitters

      Delete
    2. The sitters are from open play mind you

      Delete
    3. You still miss them and to prove your song false, of all the goals scored in this tournament by Italy (care to count them up) only 3 were on penalties.

      Soooooooo...your song is accurate?

      Delete
    4. Following your last 2 matches yes. I feel comfortable singing it

      Delete
  9. Aside from the penalties, which I have zero control over and firmly acknowledged as missed calls, where was my play cock?

    As always, bc you lost, all you have to claim and cry out loud is cock play. What did I do specifically, in the control of my hands that was cock?

    In the history of the game, as said many times in the past, you sir have never been beaten legitimately (according to you). It's always some bitchy, whiny, crying excuse of cock play. The sorest of all losers. Like nobody else falls victim to glitches or FIFA ball.

    I stand here saying that the penalties were ridiculous but everything else you claim is complete and utter bullshit and relatable to baby crying

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So admittedly 3 of your 4 goals should not have happened, yet I'm in the wrong for complaining?

      "Cock" means many things, but at its core it refers to something unjust/unfair. One may place three undeserved goals in that category.

      Delete
    2. I'm mainly referring to your line about,

      "They play football, not FIFA"

      That line insinuates that I (under my control) played in a manner that was cock, all outside forces removed, I played in an arcade cock manner that was deemed unfit.

      Explain

      Delete
    3. They generally prefer short passes to lengthy, aimless, zig zagging runs. They don't shoot from free kicks over 35 yards from goal. They actually clear the ball out of defense when under pressure. They don't play people out of position. Theyve never scored with the long pass button. And so on, and so on...

      Delete
    4. An occasional long ball is fine. If you want to hit a few Hollywood balls that's fine. It's the balls launched with no purpose that end up on the foot of a fast guy who takes it in stride to the corner flag.

      Delete
    5. To the striker. Who runs to the corner flag. Then crosses.

      Delete
    6. Hahaha! Oh how you put your spin on it is so clever.

      Lengthy, aimless, zig zagging runs? Yes, that's ALL I do. I never ever make short passes. Shame on me for occassionly making the attempt to beat you one on one (with success at times). This is a great example of denial of what is really happening out there. You choose to ignore when I actually do make short passes.

      Shoot from 35 yards on a free kick? I have Pirlo who is insane with talent on free kicks. In respect to playing a video game, I enjoy taking those shots in hopes of doing something incredible AND not impossible in real life.

      Clearing the ball under pressure? I do that. Don't get pissed at me when FIFA has my guy clear to an open man magically and not out of bounds. We are all victim to that. Fix it FIFA 13! Those are forces outside of my control. Please try again.

      People out of position? Yes I do that. When you lose and blame that you lost bc I had people out of position and that backs your statement for cock play...I feel really sorry for you. People out of position should result in worse results for me, no?

      Never scored with the long pass button? And the last I did this was when? Please Pruitt! Please tell me the last game I scored with the long pass button. Here's a hint, none of us even own the game anymore. This is where the term "reaching" shall be used. You are reaching.

      So glad you made that comment David, because as I recall in the last match against Germany, which Pruitt won't be the first to bring up, is that towards the end of the match my defender was chasing down the ball one on one with a German striker numerous times towards my goal. A ball sent from deep in German territory. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF!

      To a striker who runs to the corner flag then crosses? Again, reaching. Didn't happen in the two matches that you and I just played but I understand that you like to find reasons on why you lost other than your own mistakes.

      Anything else from the past you want try and pin on me?

      Delete
    7. Prilo certainly doesn't not shoot from that distance...

      Delete
    8. That's besides the point. You still have this misguided thought, that along with playing this video game with players and their provided attributes, a gamer needs to capture the personalities of the players as well.

      Back to Mario taking shots and not passing because in real life he is selfish.

      Way to reach

      Delete
    9. There are very few who attempt free kicks of that distance and only a handful of them ever put a decent effort on frame. You don't have Ronaldo or Roberto Carlos do you?

      Delete
    10. I've scored from further with Luka Modric.

      Therefore, I will take a 35 yd free kick attempt with Andre Pirlo.

      Incredible that this an argument that you feel is worth complaining about

      Delete
    11. It's insanely Unrealistic.

      Delete
  10. Everytime you lose to Tinlde you should feel the same way. Even if you beat him you should feel that way. As the lesser of 2 cocks you should be furious at his "what ever it takes cock ball tactics".

    ReplyDelete
  11. 9/11/12...

    The day Italy & FIFA cocked their way into into the finals. Never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  12. To be fair...

    Tindle is the worst person ever to play FIFA.

    ReplyDelete
  13. To be fair...

    I have made great strides in trying to conform to the powers that be. I have changed the way I play in many ways, yet when I win, my history seems to have made its way onto the current match.

    It's lose lose for me because people are ignorant, negative, and extremely bitter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So, wasn't the semi-final 2 legs? One would think that if someone were to get lucky with favorable refs (in a video game, mind you) that it would iron itself out over 2 legs. I mean, that's 180 mins of time to prove you're the best, right? The poor lowly Germans were going against the powerhouse superior Italians so it does make sense that Ingo would come out on top.. predetermined I suppose. Why even play the final? We know the higher rated squad will win so congrats Ingo- you won what you were supposed to. Bask in a pointless trophy that you didn't earn. Hopefully FIFA 13 will right these wrongs on the poor underdogs. But isn't that the same story we've heard every year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Understanding that a lot of sarcasm is in there, for the record, Germany has very slightly better ratings than Italy.

      Delete
  15. 1. Whether on purpose or not, that's easily the most ironic comment ever posted on the blog.
    2. We're all just happy you couldn't pull some more cock tricks out of your magic cock bag and win this tournament again.
    3. The new game should shame you...until you and the hundreds of stoned 13 year olds you play against figure out how to unluck the cock
    4. 9/11/12...never forget

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm planning on recording all of my matches next season. If this debate continues to happen we have to force you to watch, clockwork orange style, what the complaints are.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Again, I'm not saying Ingo played in a cock manner. I know some cock things happened though in both semi finals. The game has run its course and it's time to move to the next one. Hopefully with the new rules that are going to happen we can eliminate lengthy delays, encourage squad rotation and eliminate FIFA play in favor of enjoyable football matches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both semis? Don't try to rope our games into this. You were beaten fairly and I have the all time record against you to prove it.

      Delete
    2. Tap ins defying physics and going 20 yards straight in the air, the bar being struck by both sides close to 7 times, defenders making tackles on thin air when being switched too... There was plenty of cock for you to gobble up. Deserved to win,but did so with a bit of FIFA jizz on my tummy (not like the north decoration that the Germans received.

      Delete
    3. We're at close to 7x now for hitting the bar.

      This is some fishing tale

      Delete
  18. Squad rotation...should be easy for Chelsea and maybe Bayern (I say maybe because Bayern for some reason carry less players), but what about the rest of the squads?

    Should it be fair that the deepest teams have the best shot at winning?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Areanal probably have the deepest squad as far as rotation would go not Chelsea. I'm very strong in attacking midfielders but that's about it. No second striker, no central midfielders on the bench and no spare defenders really. All of them were loaned out.

    Also, the point of the squad rotation is to help Cushing and Tindle win trophies like the league cup. You shouldn't be allowed to throw out your strongest 11 in every game of every competition Ian. You know better.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Replies
    1. Mata 86, Malouda 82, Marin 78, Moses 72 (but you know that he is an excellent FIFA player), Hazard 85, Sturridge 80

      Bertrand can play the wing.

      And yes, you are very deep in midfield

      Delete
    2. Defenders don't get hurt often in the game. but you still have

      Cole Terry Ivanovic Azlipicueta
      Bertrand Luiz Cahill Ferreira

      Not exactly a B squad...

      Delete
  21. Not sure why we're arguing about this when we just discussed this via text. I have 1 central midfielder on the bench (Oscar), 1 decent (nothing more nothin less) striker (Sturridge), 2 wingers (Marin & moses) who I wouldn't consider world class.

    Malouda will be with the reserves like in real life. I'm not sure why your including mata and hazard in the conversation of depth when you know they're going to start.

    This has nothing to do with post or any of the comments.

    Squad rotation will benefit the "smaller clubs". If you Pruitt and I rest starters in cup Matches because injuries are 2-3 games now, Cushing and company have a better shot at winning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Marin and Moses probably aren't "world class" but they're pretty damn good backups. Probably better than Palermo's starters from last season and better than Dirk/Downing.

      Delete
    2. And another thing...if Mata and Hazard are going to start every game, the depth conversation doesn't matter.

      Delete
  22. If I rest 4-6 against any one in the league my team will be worse. The point of squad rotation would be to set my b squad against Cushing or Tindle's A squad in the league cup because I have you or Pruitt as my next match in the league and want to avoid injury. Yes my B squad is stronger then everyone elses's B squad (not by much) but my B isn't playing everyonelse's B. it will be up against their A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand how squad rotations work, David. Every squad will have to rotate due to the new injury rules. Your B squad will be better than every other B squad.

      Delete