13 December 2012
Argentina, Germany draw in a snoozer
Highlights. Argentina in classic baby blue and white stripes, Germany wears their Christmas green kits. Bright sunny day, both managers agree somewhat difficult to see. Germany reminds Argentina to take out midfield stalwart Gago who must have been injured in the match against England, although no one knows for sure. Both managers friendly to start the match in the chat room accompanied by Burns. Germany praises the switch to manual controls, Argentina refers to them as "Manuel" controls. Germany plays classic ball control but cannot get off many shots in the first half. Argentina has possession for about 1 total minute, coughing it up because he doesn't hit the A button hard enough. Halftime. Germany starts to laugh with a tone of sarcasm. Argentina begins to get deeper into Germany's zone (hey now!) and Germany manager kept saying "here it comes", referring to manager Brett Murphy's patient attacking style. Boring soccer by both squads continues. 5 minutes to play, Germany manger speaking somewhat angrily about the Argentinian defensive tactics. Burns chimes in and references a Cushing comment. Argentina wisely uses ball control to run out the clock. Game over. Back to back shutouts for manager Brett Murphy, who is the front runner for comeback manager of the year, even though he's the only one on the ballot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cushing comment?
ReplyDelete/hit those bros
Something outrageous like..."he puts his controller down on when playing defense, Cushing mentioned that too." Not sure what would make him mention your name though...
ReplyDeleteWhatever, letting the computer play defense works pretty well. I give up half my goals because I'm trying to defend in the box and run my defender right out of the way.
DeleteKudos to Cush for actually playing the game.
ReplyDeleteNot sure how "cock" can't be used to describe this.
This is when Ingo would normally jump in to defend a blatant act of cock. Lucky for me he don't game or read the blog anymore.
ReplyDeleteI just want to go on record as saying show surprised I am that the new strategy du jour involves letting the computer do absolutely all te work instead of just the usual massive helping hand...shocked...
ReplyDeleteCongrats on taking your usual quest for cock to its logical conclusion.
Maybe one day you lot will try to win by actually being better, instead of popping in your Gameshark codes.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHow can anyone argue that I use the computer to help me play defense and other managers do not? We all do. There are 11 guys on the pitch and you can only control 1 at a time. So who is controlling the other 10? Exactly. Who's controlling the golie?? Oh yeah, the computer. I have control of my 1 player that I am allowed to control. Not sure how that's cock. I have a defensive set up and stratagy that has taken the GIMP by storm and should be regognized as managerial brilliance. Unfortunately, it won't...
ReplyDeleteIt has been described as "putting the controller on the floor." Yes, I can see why it's not being hailed as a triumph of skill.
DeleteSo you manually control all 11 players at the same time?
DeleteNope. Just the one with the ball or making a tackle. One more than you do, apparently.
DeleteThat's cool, I just move mine into a better position to stop the other team from scoring. It helps when trying win the game.
DeleteI though you didn't move them and the computer took care of it for you?
DeleteAfter the game I lost to Barcelona I said "it was like he put the controller on the ground when he was 'defending'". Turns out I was 100% correct. In that game there were several perfectly timed last ditch tackles that prevented me going clean through on goal. It was obvious that the computer was handling those challenges. Had you attempted any of those last second challenges or blocks I would've had several penalties.
ReplyDeleteWhy would I want to committ several penalties?
Delete