The DFA Fall 2020 Season - Opening Day Headlines - LFC Maul CFC 9-0, Burns Melts Down...

11 January 2013

More Cockery

So, the schedule now gets moved around where Giroud (previously out for injury during Palermo and PSG league matches) is now out for the Cup Final? Can't say I'm surprised based on the league's direction and know this goes unnoticed mostly but I guess we've lost all integrity at this point..

23 comments:

  1. Also, the 3 Palermo players who were unavailable for the Arsenal match have now served their suspension vs Chelsea? Weird that Burns would snake in to play a club ahead of time that had 3 players out..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before I hear some excuse about me not playing matches, my last match was played Monday night, and the previous match Sunday. I would understand if matches weren't being played in time but this is insane.. There's no way someone should be allowed to alter the schedule to play a team with a ton of injuries/suspensions out of order. The fact that this now skews a cup final where one club has it's top scorer out is icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cush- better bump up your Barca match to play before so you take advantage of Murph with he has 4 players out

    ReplyDelete
  4. After the last two seasons, I find it hard to turn down people asking me to play matches.

    Propose a vote to the league: how you would like the injuries to be handled for the LC Final & match v Palermo. Let the masses decide. I'm all ears.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well here is what I propose:

    In real life it is not unlike a player who is injured to come back faster than projected and vise versa.

    So, in regards to the Palermo players, both are still not fit to play. As for Giroud, he has had a great recovery and is fit to play

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The idea of an Arsenal player coming back faster than projected is sadly comedic to me..

      Delete
  6. How about a lasting solution? So there's no more tears.

    What say we?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hilarious! You're clearly delusional if you think we are actively moving games around to try to screw you out of wins in an online soccer league. I'd say that perhaps you think a little too highly of yourself if you think that we're that concerned that much with you. I seriously hope this is just a wind up attempt by you. Feel bad if its not.

    #headsgone


    That's right I'm hashtagging comments

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who cares about the pace of years past...this is the fastest moving season to date. We need to police ourselves as a league and play the games as scheduled. No jumping around. But with this case, where there's smoke, there's fire...so there must be a reason Tindle took the time for a write up.

    Injuries are a bit coq to me because you can purposely try and injure someone and apparently Barca (computer) injures everyone. With that being said, not sure there's a better alternative to keep it realistic.

    #weadorebooty - you're welcome

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Who cares about last year's pace?"

    Those who suffered through it.

    "Purposely try to injure somebody"?

    Similar to how Barca's tackling style changes immediately after conceding a goal?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adam,

    I can assure you that we/they aren't out to screw you on purpose. This is about one issue and that is playing matches at pace. Even outside of that it was simply two guys ready to play and wanting to play.

    I say this due to David's comment. This does not need to turn into that kind of argument. However, you can't deny David that our actions did screw him over. So, something needs to be done.

    Murph, people being injured on ones team more often than others on someone else's team is due to your choice in who you want to play with. If you have injury prone players then that's something you have to deal with. (See Frank Lampard). Also, if there is head hunting, report it to the commish. We do handle that kind of thing here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only headhunting I've experienced came immediately after scoring in my 1-0 win over Barca.

      Delete
  11. Regardless, this is what happened:

    Arsenal scheduled to play Palermo who has 3 players out

    Chelsea jumps ahead to play Palermo while they have 3 players out

    Arsenal now must play a full strength Palermo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Also, it's not the first time Burns has done something like this - see suspended Lampard playing vs Arsenal while serving the suspension vs PSG (no offense Cushing but I think we all see the point of this).

    Interesting how all of these schedule alterations seem to work out in his favor. And somehow I'm crazy for bringing this up. Again, this league has lost all integrity if we think this is acceptable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that PSG a real pushover, especially for Arsenal.

      Delete
    2. Meh, he controlled the match, certainly the first half, even with a light side. I have no problem admittin I'm generally a cupcake match

      Delete
  13. I don't find it acceptable but I also don't think anyone is out to screw anyone over. I really think it's just coincidence that Burns came out ahead twice. That's mainly due to him always being on the box looking to play matches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I came ahead twice... Lampard was injured in a match that we would've won whether or not he played. Tindle lost that game because he refused to play anyone in their proper positions just so he could get the fastest 11 out there.

      Delete
  14. Back to the frank thing...

    Tindle was told before the game and didnt raise a stink about it.

    Cushing also initiated the contact to play our game not the other way around.

    Lampard did nothing in the game but get hurt. No assists, no goals, no game saving tackles. He just lumbered around midfield until he was tackled from behind Tindle.

    We do need to re-think the injury rule because its done nothing to promote squad rotation. The only people paying the price are those who don't take their players off at the 60 minute mark when they're already up by 2 or 3 goals on people that can't control themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ingo the voice of reason.

    Relax, tiny tears, world class striker Olivier Giroud will play the final. You even guilted Ingo into re-injuring his players for your match.

    Win/win.

    People bothering me to play matches early/frequently > the last two seasons.

    ReplyDelete