| M. Reus & M. Ozil accounted for 5 of Germany's 6 goals in Paris |
France lined up in a surprising 4-4-2 formation, and nearly grabbed an early goal through a dangerous Franck Ribery cross, but Loic Remy was unable to steer his shot goal-ward. Once Bastian Schweinsteiger and Toni Kroos were able to come to grips with the harrying of France's midfeld and attack, the Germans began to find their foothold. Schweinsteiger found Marco Reus with space to run into down the left and the mercurial wide man took advantage of Hugo Lloris at his near post, firing in a missile to put the DFB 0-1 up. Adil Rami was lucky to escape a sending off after hauling Mesut Ozil down as he was clean through on goal and attempting to shoot, the referee only opting for a yellow card after he pointed to the spot. Schweinsteiger made no mistake from 12 yards, placing his shot high over the diving Lloris.
Germany piled on the pressure, looking to put the game to bed with a third goal, and it was during the middle 40 minutes of the match that Lloris earned his plaudits as France's top performer. However, he could not keep Germany out forever, and Mesut Ozil thrashed in a deflected shot from outside the area following a fine diving save.
0-3 to the Germans but France did not retreat into damage control mode. They stepped up the pressure, hassling higher up the pitch in an effort to force a mistake that would throw them a lifeline back into the match. It would prove to be a mistake as the composed German midfield trio, now bolstered by Sami Khedira's introduction for Toni Kroos, simply passed around any potential trouble. Space was left in behind, and Ozil and Gomez were on hand to take advantage the latter calmly finishing two one-on-ones with Lloris. Ozil's brace came through an outstanding cross from Thomas Müller that found the maestro in acres of space around the penalty spot. More than enough time for the first time finish he bounced into the back of the net.
Job done for Germany, and their hard work means they have already ensured qualification to the knockout stages, and only need 6 points from their remaining 4 matches to lock up an important top 3 qualification.
Yikes...9-0 over the past two games? Might want to mix in the ole 5-4-1 there Frenchy.
ReplyDeleteI can't think of any team that currently uses a 5-4-1 in the world of football? Even all of the negative, anti-football clubs like Stoke play with a traditional back 4. Putting 5 people in the back is a waste of a player that could be used to plug up the midfield. Switching to 5 men back isn't stopping any goals from flying in, it's just slightly more frustrating for the teams that actually want to play. You'd be better served to
ReplyDeletePlay a 4-5-1 and actually play defense than play a 5-4-1 and run around like headless chickens
Perhaps, but as Ingo mentioned for the brief moment he was involved, I don't care about real football tactics. I am trying to win a video game. My only chance is a close game and trying to force the other team to make a mistake.
DeleteIt's defeatism at its finest.
ReplyDeleteCan't control a midfield? Spam the wings.
Can't pass or defend? Stick as many computer controlled men in your own box as possible.
Notice the solution is never: get better at my deficiencies. It is always: find the easiest work-around.
So what's your point?
DeleteMy point is, it's lazy and worthy of ridicule.
DeleteRelative to your opinion...some of us choose not to be so obsessive about others style of play and actually enjoy the friendly competition. Defeatism to what? Not caring about playing "real football" I can manage and underuse my team how I want.
DeleteI feel, and call me crazy, you may have a better shot at winning if you try to improve on passing and scoring.
DeleteThe easy option isn't paying the dividends one would hope.
For some of us I believe it's a matter of not wanting to invest that amount of time to practice their passing and defense or whatever deficiencies they have.
DeleteI love and enjoy the competition but I just don't care nor have it in me to play 100 friendlies in a month. I don't have time to play even one friendly. My practice and me getting better is through competition. It is the slowest way to improve and is pretty much a non existent way to improve because I am spending my time in the game trying to win (or draw), not work on my weaknesses.
Now, whose fault is that? It's my own. Should I apologize that I prioritize playing friendlies so far down on my list of importanace? I think not but yet to it will apparently still receive ridcule.
Cushing is improving to be fair
DeleteWhat exactly has Cushing improved on? Passer rating? Can't wait until he starts to win a few games and start getting the "treatment" Look guys! I completed 71% of my passes and lost 6-0, but nothing like a great moral victory! Good thing Burns and Pruitt approve, becuase if I get to 80%, I'm sure they'll find something wrong with it!! I'm just a big chocolate chip cookie and must stay that way!
Delete(example, not Cushing himself, I like Cushing and his gameplay banter)
Cushing has played me tough in every match. The matches we have played recently have been one sided romps
ReplyDeleteJust let us know the excuse when he wins. When we play again, I hope to have 70% time posession, lose it close, and maybe you can give me a plug for my improved play.
Delete70% possession in a 1-0 loss is better than 50% passing and a red card in a 2-0 loss. Right?
DeleteNo, because it's a loss. Not about syle points.
DeleteIt's a far better performance and closer to winning form.
DeleteANDY MAULDIN THROWS 92 WITH SINK!!!
ReplyDelete