The DFA Fall 2020 Season - Opening Day Headlines - LFC Maul CFC 9-0, Burns Melts Down...

02 December 2009

Open Forum


Has Barca's and Argentina's radical turnarounds been a product of genius tactical managing, or has it been something more devious?

comments...

26 comments:

  1. Its either the feel good story of the GIMP or a case of blatant cheating. I hope that its the first one but it is difficult to believe. Barca only managed 3 goals in their first 4 matches before exploding allover United's face. If Murph was able to run counter attack after counter attack against the aggressive play of United than he deserves all the credit for his brilliant turnaround...that and his "new glasses"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find this column irresponsible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the "Rupert Murdoch" of the blog (only more "fair and balanced"), it is my duty to list the mounting evidence in this latest DFA scandal, Barca-gate.

    1. Immediate offensive improvement: failed to score in 3 of his first four matches; in the 5th netted 11 goals.

    2. No obvious evidence of practice: Rarely seen online; and in the slim chance he is...well, NHL 10 and Lego Indiana Jones do not a clinical finisher make.

    3. Manager testimony: Tales are told of a flurry of wasted efforts in the lean times at Barca; now stories of a goal every 2-3 chances ring out across the headset.

    4. Failure to directly reject accusations as falsehoods: No one wants to believe that someone would cheat in the DFA, but until a vehement denial is given, raging doubts will persist.

    In light of this evidence, it appears there may be credence to a claim of "assisted shooting" being illegally used. I've yet to play the man; that will occur at his earliest convenience *nudge, so I cannot make a full endorsement either way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very true. There has not been an official statement from the Barca manager dismissing any of these claims.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nor any sort of insight as to his brilliant change in fortune. Except for the eye-roll inducing "new glasses" bit. Spare us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perhaps tonight Pruitt and I will play a number of friendlies in which we have all settings set to semi from the start up screen. If there is no difference in feel than I think we should consider making it a league rule.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't want to jump on the conspiracy band wagon but the 11-4 loss was followed immediatley by a extremley close match against Mr. Pruitt and his league leading squad. It was like Mr. Murphy was playing on a "whole different level"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perhaps we should consider playing with the pre-match setting restricted to "semi" settings (listed at the same space where you set game speed, and match length).

    This may change the feel and pacing of the game slightly(for the better). All in favor?

    ReplyDelete
  9. First, I would like to say that Liam's assertion of being "fair and balanced" on the blog is, in all respects, laughable. His one sided write-ups and biased opinions litter the blog worse than Michael Moore or MSNBC. However, having said that I do agree, as i did the first go around, with the idea of setting the pre-match restrictions to semi-assisted. This would disallow any configuration or manipulation of the person not setting up the match.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll have you know MSNBC delivers fine news as well as top notch shows including Lock Up and To Catch a Predator! I don't usualy fall asleep until 4am on Sunday nights because of that fine network

    ReplyDelete
  11. Easy there Glen Beck Jr., that was intended as a joke. Perhaps I misjudged my audience and their capacity to digest subtlety.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for throwing a tangent in there to distract the ADHD addled among us, O'Reilly.

    Back to important matters: 3 ayes; 5 unconfirmed.

    Continue the voting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm fine with that

    ReplyDelete
  14. First off, I fully back abcritt on his comment about MSNBC. We all know pru how you feel about fox news, republicans, and anything on the right. Your comment was a sacarastic sneak of humor that you can easily just hide behind the curtain of "relax, it was just a joke. you take things to serious RIGHT WINGER!"

    Just leave politics and relgion completely off this page!!

    As for this vote of I'm not even sure bc I don't feel like reading a novel now. I don't care. I believe murph is cheating and whatever is decided is to be decided without my opinion.

    Ciao,
    Ingo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Alrighty then; that's 4 ayes, 3 unconfirmed, 1 self-righteous indignation.

    If that "fair and balanced" jibe is all it takes to get up the ivory towers and noses of the holy rollers, then I'm going to have a Tebowdamned field day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow. Hey thanks lord buzz kill for rolling in and putting a damper on some friendly banter. Clearly everyone was joking. In fact we were all speaking with each other while writing them! Come off it man.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tindle via text: "adamant yay"

    5 ayes; 2 uncomfirmed, 1 self-righteous indignation.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was clearly joking when I made my comments. I need no help or allegiance from any other manager, especially from one that cannot take jokes or understand simple jest. No invitation of coalition has been sent out and thus no fealty is observed.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Suck it Critt

    Ciao,
    Ingo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Takes some of the shine off that ivory tower, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow guys relax. i was only joking. dont take things so serious. ill remember now that you can't have a good jester poke back.

    sure on the pregame settings of semi assisted

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes...we're the uptight ones now...

    ReplyDelete