The DFA Fall 2020 Season - Opening Day Headlines - LFC Maul CFC 9-0, Burns Melts Down...

09 October 2012

Thompson Decides to Hang 'Em Up

After a long internal struggle in the offseason, Manager Ian Thompson decides to retire on top.

Thompson had just won the DFA League and the Euro 2012 with underrated Ireland and seemed poised to repeat after taking the reins at Atletico and Uruguay. 

Thompson did give a statement that shed some light on the reasons for his retirement:

"Due to a battle with vision issues over the past two seasons, I have made the decision to step away from the game of FIFA. As I sit here preparing for the next chapter of my life, I wanted to sincerely thank everyone I played with, for, and in front of throughout my career. It meant the world to me to have your support and helping hand. The friendships I've built with all of you along the way will always hold a special place in my heart."

5 comments:

  1. Best of luck and well done representing Ireland. Tiger Woods has had lasik twice. You should see his Dr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's making fun of Casey Frawley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just old and out of the loop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait, is he seriously quitting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly seems so. 30 minutes every 9 days may seem like a small amount of commitment but to some it can be a millstone around their neck.

      Delete