We find ourselves yet again watching England prep themselves for another embarrassing campaign in a major tournament. After failing to qualify for last summer's EURO tournament England find themselves on the doorstep of another premature exit. After taking an early lead against the favored Germans, England found themselves reverting back to old habits when Germany equalized seconds later. "I really flew off the deep end" Burns claimed after the match. "It will be tough to get us through to the next round but our squad has the depth and numbers to make up for those who will be on suspension."Once the German's took a 6-1 lead it was obvious that Burns had seen enough. After the 6th made its way to the back of the net, Burns sprung out of his seat to run at Wayne Rooney. Although confusing at first, it became very clear what Burns had told Rooney to do. "I told him to shoot at our own goal. It was already a f*cking joke so I just figured lets belittle the sh*t outta this thing. " Rooney began launching balls from midfield and netted a few for himself as Robert Green watched them bounce into his goal.
England is set to take on Spain next in the road to qualification. "Im not worried at all. The lads and I are having some fun with this one by taking bets on which Spanish striker will score everyone of their goals."
No comments:
Post a Comment