Despite being a goal ahead in the first 20 minutes, somehow Burns' side managed to ship 2 goals to Miroslav Klose in 7 minutes, and psychologically crumble over the next 63.
The Queen's favorite choke artists continued to smear mud on an already tainted reputation, by allowing a further 7 goals, and collecting 2 straight red cards. We now see the kind of behavior Burns is capable of this season. His claims to the contrary must now be ignored.
An uncompromising display of German domination cannot be taken lightly, however, as it was their brilliance that drove England to such depths. It seems the 'group of death' has become a bit more predictable-and at such an early stage.

I will never apologize for my style of play. There was a bit of confusion as to whether or not this was a real game. I feel as if I have been given a bad name in this league and I'm more than willing to embrace it at this point. I will play as hard and as aggressive as I can to try to advance in this tournament. If that means getting 2 guys sent off a game because of yellow cards for diving at loose balls and trying to make defensive stops then so be it. I will be in the finals of this thing and you will all have to watch my men lift the cup over their heads when its all said and done.
ReplyDelete1. there is no chance of anyone believing you didn't know this was a real game.
ReplyDelete2. balls at my players' feet are not 'loose balls'
3. england in a final??? of anything???