
Well, it finally happened. If the majority of the managers were asked at the beginning of the season, or the beginning of the night for that matter, who would be the first to induce a "Lost Connect", my guess would be they would pick Sir David Burns. Although Burns has threatened on several occasions to pull the plug he still has been able to restrain himself enough to keep his hands off of the power strip/Ethernet cable. Many have treated Burns as the villain of the season so far, but after tonight I think we may need to turn our attention elsewhere.
A sloppy, back and forth match between France and Argentina came to an end in the 75th minute do to a "lost connection". It is assumed that French side manager Adam Tindle was the man who caused the game to come to an abrupt end. Tindle has placed blame on opposing manager, Brett Murphy, for making substitutions simultaneously with him. Brett Murphy denies all allogations and has the support of most of the other managers in the league. Tindle was clearly frustrated with himself and the way they game was panning out and claimed that he was trying to make a few tactical changes before the connection was apperently lost. The game was official as it passed the required 70th minute and Murphy was credited with a victory. An irrate Tindle ranted and raved about the situation making sarcastic comments like "If thats how he wants to win it then fine".
Was it a cheap win for Murphy or a calculated plot for a replay gone wrong? Sir David Burns was more than happy to comment on this terrible event. "No way he didn't pull the plug. Had he come to the opening night meeting to discuss the rules he would've known that he'd have to have pulled the plug by the 70th minute. I think its absolutely brilliant! I'm known for losing my cool eh? I've never stormed in and out of online party's complaining about how my plan of sabotage has gone wrong. I urge other managers to come forward on this situation. Something must be done."
Yes, I pulled the plug in the 70th minute of a match I was LOSING by 1 to ensure my loss. Sir Burns, you just lost all credibili.. oh wait, you didn't have any to begin with.
ReplyDeleteoh snap
ReplyDeletesnap snap
ReplyDelete