The DFA Fall 2020 Season - Opening Day Headlines - LFC Maul CFC 9-0, Burns Melts Down...

18 December 2012

Cheating

I guess we play with suspended players now, no prob.. Lampard starts in Chelsea's effort against Arsenal that included less shots, corners, possession but a Szczesny 88th minute "clearance" goes directly into Juan Mata's body who chests it down and slots home the open goal winner. Seems appropriate for this clownshow season. Maybe you'll be able to read this article better since it contains no pictures, paragraph breaks, or effort in general (couldn't lower myself to the rampant misuse of your/you're and their/theyre, etc). Match under protest.

17 comments:

  1. There were games that were rescheduled and Frank had already sat out his required 3 games. You were informed before the match and had nothing to say on the matter.

    Interesting view of the game by the way. Few things for everyone to consider...

    1. Possession was essentially even.
    2. I had the post and had more quality shots on target.
    3. His goal came off a massive deflection.
    4. The "Clearance" he's speaking of, is his keeper 2 steps outside the 18 hitting a ball into Mata who was an inch away from latching onto the ball and rounding him anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ill also spot you 10 corners a game. Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry and Torres are more than capable of dealing with little jack, theo and podolksi.

      Delete
    2. Sounds like Lampard was a non issue and was discussed prior to the match. Interesting way to start the article.

      Delete
    3. Correct. All he did was take one shot off target and have his leg broken by a reckless challenge. Diaby on the other hand is inline to win the "most realistic injury" award after hurting himself on shot blocked by a standing John Terry.

      Delete
  2. I'd say the only thing clownish was who you had on the field in the second half.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, as you did with Lampard, I suppose I can just pick and choose the matches I want Diaby to serve that injury suspension sustained during this match? We've been making sh*t up all season so sure, why not..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give an example of "making sh*t up" Changes are voted on.

      Delete
  4. I asked to switch the schedule 3 days ago when you were unable to play knowing that Cushing would be able to play before you. The commissioner approved the move and told me to let you know before the match to make sure there was no was no confusion. You had no problem in the 5 minutes before the match when you were informed of his availability. Lampard had little impact on the game and you had the opportunity to hurt my favorite player for the second time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just so everyone is clear on how everything transpired here is a time line:

    Sunday:
    - During the Liverpool/Palermo match I asked the commissioner if it would be possible to reschedule my match with Tindle. I had already waited a very long time for him to play his previous match and had no intention of waiting a week to sort things out.
    - I was told to play Tindle first, but if Cushing was available to play first that was ok.
    - I sent Tindle a text to play (which wasn't answered until close tot 6 hours later) and got no response after 15 minutes or so. I asked Cushing to play but he was busy watching Middle Earth at 48 FPS.

    Monday:
    - I asked Tindle to play around 8:20pm and got no response until 9:00pm. I had not been feeling well that day and had drank a glass of wine and some nyquill to make sure I slept well.
    - Tindle started accusing me of "holding up the league" as I fell asleep sitting up in my bed watching King of Hill.

    Tuesday:
    - I asked Tindle to play a match and was told it would have to be "late" that night.
    - Driving home from work I received a text from Cushing asking if I'd be available to play at 5:30.
    - I sent Pruitt a text letting him know that Cushing had reached out to me to play and to go ahead and switch the schedule. He indicated that he was out home and that the change in the spreadsheet would be pushed through once he got home.
    - The match was rescheduled and Frank's injury was served against PSG.
    - Tindle was informed of this 5-10 minutes before the game and raised no complaints
    - Lampard had 0 impact on the game until his leg was broken in the center circle.
    - Tindle loses not because of cheating, or Lampard, but because he has no idea how or where to play his players.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although entertaining, this is excessive

      Delete
  6. Wine and NyQuill?

    Did you have your legally purchased gun with you as well to polish off this combo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's December, shouldn't you still be hibernating?

      Delete
    2. Hey ghost of GIMP's past, what are you talking about....bro?

      Delete
  7. I guess we'll just drop this topic like it never happened?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pruitt couldn't play our match tonight so I'm going on record to say that I will have Diaby serve his injury suspension during the upcoming international break. So don't be surprised when he plays v Liverpool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You will be given a forefit.

    Again, you didnt complain prematch when I told you that schedule was changed. You have no idea how many times the schedule gets moved around to accommodate those who drag their asses through out the season. The schedule changes constantly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Playing against lampard didn't help you lose, playing 4-5 in their wrong position sure as shit did.

    ReplyDelete