The DFA Fall 2020 Season - Opening Day Headlines - LFC Maul CFC 9-0, Burns Melts Down...

19 December 2012

Dubious Goal Panel

Gentlemen,

Please review the goal below, originally credited to Santi Cazorla, and vote using the following criteria:

A.) Santi Cazorla's shot would've been on target without the help of the deflection.
B.) The shot was going off target before Ramires's touch.


9 comments:

  1. I see the path of the ball hitting the post. I don't know if hitting the post is considered on target or not.

    So based on that, you have my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ball is pulled by the shooter, however it is knuckling and with quick pause and play at the 5/6 second mark, the ball starts to move to the right. I believe this ball would have been on the inside of the post and saved by the golie.

    A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kinda hard to tell because of the angle of the video in relation to the pitch. I suspect that Ramires is, in actuality, about a yard to the left of the post in a straight-on shot to the goal, but from the provided angle, it does look as if the ball may be heading directly for the post. Dubious, but without another angle to confirm, I have to say it's on target and a goal for Cazorla.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure we'd be having this same discussion if this was a Suarez goal.. "Dubious Goal Panel"? Another example of just making sh*t up.. Kinda like Burns does with every motm he reports.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilarious! Thanks for not even taking the time to do a quick google search before you spout off. You don't have a clue. 100% a real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubious_Goals_Committee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just created that between posts... Not a real thing

      Delete
    2. Figure it out Arsenal. Your arguments are losing credibility in a hurry with this take.

      Delete