The DFA Fall 2020 Season - Opening Day Headlines - LFC Maul CFC 9-0, Burns Melts Down...

11 February 2009

Manager Ingoglia calls press to his house

"I'll be brief with you people as I have to head off to practice. I first want to thank you all for coming out to hear what I have to say. So you know, I will not be taking any questions. I just have this brief statement.

I woke up this morning and became tremendously inspired by the remarks of English Premier manager, my teachling, and dear friend Sir David Burns. Sir David was a young student of mine with incredible potential. At some point, the teacher can begin to learn from the student. In this case, I have begun to realize that my tatics and style of play have been over-tweeked. His comments stand true and with the new style of game, I will admit to trying to change the way things are done in an attempt to adapt. I ended up lost and confused. Befuttled. The words of my former apprentice have struck a nerve and it is time to 'get back to basics.'

My retirement stills remains set and I would appreciate it in future conferences and meetings that questions on the issue remain closed until I open it up for discussion. As for now, Milan sits very low with nothing to lose. This MAKES us DANGEROUS. The outcome of the games means very little to me right now. Expect to see extreme pressure and fierce play on the pitch. I'm excited to get started. There is a lot to do. My men will be very pleased to see their old hard nosed coach back to his roots. It's back to playing POWER FOOTBALL!

Again, I thank you all for coming hear to take this down. Now if you'll excuse me, it's time to wake the boys up and excite their lives with some old school play."

1 comment: