
The middle part of the season has started up and after a huge loss to Roma in a CUP match and two more season losses following, manager Chris Ingoglia held a press conference to announce his immediate retirement after the season.
"There was time in this game when I felt I could do nothing wrong. Today's times are different. I love this game with all my heart and it hurts to leave, but a man has to know when his time is up. I do realize that 3 years is very short career, but at some point, whether short or long, you start to see your skills and talent diminish. It then becomes a decision on how long you let it go for. I feel that my time is now. I called this press conference tonight to announce, that following the end of this season, I will no longer watch the games from the sidelines but rather from the stands. However, in regards to this season, hope is not lost. I plan to finish strong with my head held high regardless of our placement in the table. There is much work to be done and I plan make it an ending to remember."
No comments:
Post a Comment